Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Spiderman - ps4 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=215114)

fondantcookie 14-06-16 12:19

Spiderman - ps4

New Spiderman game revealed at E3 exclusive to PS4.

The rumours were true.

It's being made my Insomniac Games (of Ratchet and Clank fame) and looks superb.

[youtube]3R2uvJqWeVg[/youtube]

Lara_Fan1 14-06-16 12:28

It looks great my only problem is I haven't enjoyed a Spider-Man game since the movie adaptations (the original movies with Toby Maguire). The Amazing Spider-Man games were rubbish to the point I didn't even finish the second one.

Shark_Blade 14-06-16 12:42

I did. It was decent, not revolutionarily great. :p

Can't wait for this one!

SorasDestiny 14-06-16 13:08

I've never been much for Spiderman but even I must admit that I'd actually buy this game just on the basis of the trailer. It screams Spiderman 2 :ponder:

Murphdawg1 14-06-16 15:02

Haven't played any Spider-Man games before but for sure will be checking this out. Hopefully Insomniac will include costumes from Civil War/Spider-Man Homecoming as well as previous Spider-Man movies.

Zreen001 14-06-16 18:18

Insomniac is an amazing game developer!
Definitely looking forward to this one!
Makes me want to play the PSX version followed by Spider-man 2

Zebra 14-06-16 18:24

[QUOTE=Lara_Fan1;7596889]It looks great my only problem is I haven't enjoyed a Spider-Man game since the movie adaptations (the original movies with Toby Maguire). The Amazing Spider-Man games were rubbish to the point I didn't even finish the second one.[/QUOTE]

This is being developed by Insomniac and published by Sony, though. It'll be good.

ivaneiroX 17-06-16 23:21

"We've had a long history of success with Activision... but the future of the Spider-Man console games is with Sony and Insomniac." :jmp:

[url]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-06-15-spider-man-leads-marvels-epic-new-console-strategy[/url]

Tommy123 17-06-16 23:29

This looks so amazing its been ages since we had a good spiderman game

robm_2007 18-06-16 00:11

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Looks very graceful and fluid, like Catwoman in the Arkham games.

Spider-Man is one of those universes that should have zero problem having quality game after game. I hope this plays out!

Ceamonks890 18-06-16 01:14

[youtube]02ehAaK8BdU[/youtube]

Still don't think it will match up to the Neversoft Spider-Man game from 2000. This game pretty much sets the standard for me, when it comes to unlockables, humor, tone, general content and all-around fun for a Spider-Man game. And it doesn't even need to be open-world to accomplish all that.

So like I stated in the E3 2016 thread, Insomniac are going to have to pull out all the stops to make an open-world Spidey game fun to experience again for me personally, especially after Activision have milked that formula to death for so long.

Murphdawg1 18-06-16 02:55

While the game is not a tie in with Spider-Man Homecoming I can see this game coming out around the same time depending on how far along this game is in production.

LuigiEspadachin 18-06-16 15:25

Game looks amazing. o-o Lose the white on that default suit though and we'll be golden. l3

Shark_Blade 18-06-16 15:47

[QUOTE=Ceamonks890;7600076][youtube]02ehAaK8BdU[/youtube]

Still don't think it will match up to the Neversoft Spider-Man game from 2000. This game pretty much sets the standard for me, when it comes to unlockables, humor, tone, general content and all-around fun for a Spider-Man game. And it doesn't even need to be open-world to accomplish all that.

So like I stated in the E3 2016 thread, Insomniac are going to have to pull out all the stops to make an open-world Spidey game fun to experience again for me personally, especially after Activision have milked that formula to death for so long.[/QUOTE]
Yes that's the best Spiderman game ever imo. I miss it so much, it's not even on PSN. :hea:

PS1 TR games, PS1 Spiderman, PS1 Crash... why nowadays game series are becoming worse. Can't even compare to the originals. :facepalm:

LuigiEspadachin 18-06-16 15:58

I think if Spidey did go back to level based it would have to basically be big and open areas. The PS1 games did that well because while you had levels indoors as well the outdoor ones were still big and open enough to make you feel like you're Spider-Man so the levels worked, being able to swing from building and have little collectibles between them. Open world is just taking that further which is why it's seemed to do so well for Spidey so far.

Beenox tried to go back to level based with Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time...but the problem where they went wrong with it was the levels were too linear. Not enough opportunity to make you truly feel like you're Spider-Man.

Alex Fly 18-06-16 18:44

The game looks really promising and the fact Insomniac is behind it is a gage of quality. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. :tmb:

Murphdawg1 18-06-16 21:36

[QUOTE=Shark_Blade;7600266]Yes that's the best Spiderman game ever imo. I miss it so much, it's not even on PSN. :hea:

PS1 TR games, PS1 Spiderman, PS1 Crash... why nowadays game series are becoming worse. Can't even compare to the originals. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

I hear people say Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 was the best one.

Murphdawg1 18-06-16 21:38

Delete this post please. Didn't know the other had gone through.

Shark_Blade 18-06-16 21:45

[QUOTE=Murphdawg1;7600402]I hear people say Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 was the best one.[/QUOTE]
Tobey as Spidey is lame and a snorefest for me, so no.

[youtube]NNWZWxn2FG4[/youtube]

The characters and story aren't as appealing too imo.

Ceamonks890 18-06-16 22:18

[QUOTE=Murphdawg1;7600402]I hear people say Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 was the best one.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest in saying that the sole reason Spider-Man 2's movie tie-in game is even fondly remembered to this day, is merely the depth-filled web-swinging mechanic and nothing else(as I never hear many so-called players of it, talk about anything else from the game often, aside from the Mysterio bits).

With the Neversoft-developed Spider-Man game though, I can go on any YT vids for it and I'll always see comments that are either quoting lines directly from the game, saying how incredible the soundtrack is or reminiscing about their time playing it as kids.

Now tell me. Which one do you think left a much longer-lasting impression in the grand scheme of things?

Jami393 18-06-16 22:52

[QUOTE=Ceamonks890;7600424]I'll be honest in saying that the sole reason Spider-Man 2's movie tie-in game is even fondly remembered to this day, is merely the depth-filled web-swinging mechanic and nothing else(as I never hear many so-called players of it, talk about anything else from the game often, aside from the Mysterio bits).[/QUOTE]

I thought it more than that? Having a decent enough open world to go around and explore. The moves were decent to do. And as a movie tie-in, it has to be one of the best, especially out of the trilogy.

Ceamonks890 18-06-16 23:16

[QUOTE=Jami393;7600464]I thought it more than that? Having a decent enough open world to go around and explore. The moves were decent to do. And as a movie tie-in, it has to be one of the best, especially out of the trilogy.[/QUOTE]

You can have the biggest open world imaginable. But if it doesn't have anything remotely interesting in it(aside from repetitive randomized crime events or collectibles that are merely there for bragging rights instead of anything worthwhile), then I'm sorry. But once the thrill of web-swinging has worn off, people are gonna get bored real fast(solid web-swinging acrobatics or not). And the same rules can be applied to any open-world Spider-Man game.

Take away the in-depth web swinging and Spider-Man 2's movie game doesn't really pass for anything beyond a mediocre game nowadays. It lacks a genuine soul. It lacks a general sense that the people who made it had a fun time making it(feeling more designed by committee to coincide with a big budget movie release, that just ended up catching a lucky break with the novelty of the web-swinging at the time.)

And I want to have more out of a game than a brief novelty. I want it to be memorable, have moments that will have me look back on it fondly for the right reasons, feel like all the components of a game combined together to form a satisfying whole. And I'm sorry to say that Spider-Man 2 ain't even close to that level(unlike Neversoft's Spider-Man game, which exemplifies this perfectly.)

Alive_and_Funky 20-06-16 14:38

[QUOTE=Jami393;7600464]I thought it more than that? Having a decent enough open world to go around and explore. The moves were decent to do. And as a movie tie-in, it has to be one of the best, especially out of the trilogy.[/QUOTE]
You forgot the pizza delivery missions. XD

Shark_Blade 20-06-16 15:34

Don't forget the fruit pie delivery missions for Spiderman 3 game.

FREAKING FRUIT PIE! I CAN'T EVEN.

SamCactus101 05-07-16 06:16

Please don't put in a Karma system like how Amazing Spiderman 2 did. It was just horrible and there was no balance to it whatsoever.

_Seth 13-04-18 21:17

The combat looks like it's gonna be wicked good.

[youtube]qsVv0cn21Ns[/youtube]

ggctuk 13-04-18 22:21

It finally looks like the first game done totally right since Spider-Man 2. (I'm saying that even with a fondness of Spider-Man Web of Shadows - objectively it was too repetitive to be truly great)

SrDanielPonces 13-04-18 22:48

I only played two spider-man games.. the 3rd and the first of the amazing spider-man series.
Maybe it was because I was a kid at the time, but I liked A LOT of the 3rd one. I loved how much freedom you had even though the map was small.

As for the first of the amazing spider-man, it just felt boring. I don't know, I didn't really like it. Maybe because the excitement was not there anymore? or because the game was bad itself lol idk

maybe I should try this one when I get my ps4 in a few years, though I've honestly have never been into any marvel/dc ****.

Murphdawg1 14-04-18 01:40

[QUOTE=_Seth;7855767]The combat looks like it's gonna be wicked good.

[youtube]qsVv0cn21Ns[/youtube][/QUOTE]

Combat definitely looks fun!

Tommy123 14-04-18 02:13

This game is gonna be amazing! I'm so excited!

ggctuk 14-04-18 05:58

[QUOTE=SrDanielPonces;7855814]I only played two spider-man games.. the 3rd and the first of the amazing spider-man series.
Maybe it was because I was a kid at the time, but I liked A LOT of the 3rd one. I loved how much freedom you had even though the map was small.

As for the first of the amazing spider-man, it just felt boring. I don't know, I didn't really like it. Maybe because the excitement was not there anymore? or because the game was bad itself lol idk

maybe I should try this one when I get my ps4 in a few years, though I've honestly have never been into any marvel/dc ****.[/QUOTE]

Which version of Spider-Man 3 did you play? I found the Xbox360 version looked miles better than the PS2 version, but the combat sucked. I never got past Kraven the Hunter.

Amazing Spider-Man was... okay. I didn't think it was bad, but it was definitely far from great. It's a pity Beenox took several steps back with TASM2.

Murphdawg1 17-08-18 11:22

[youtube]rMvya57n7lk&t[/youtube]

So hyped for this game, it looks so fun!

WWETombRaider 17-08-18 12:07

I'm actually buying the hype as well. I'll be picking this up sometime in the holidays.

2001LC20 17-08-18 17:11

Gonna wait for reviews.

Tomb_of_Darkns 17-08-18 19:28

I preordered the game awhile ago when i traded in God of War, so techinically i only have to pay 30$ for it!

I'm excited, it seems like it'll be diverse and tbh all I want to do is swing through NYC :p

Fantasy 30-08-18 19:03

Just pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition :D

Fantasy 04-09-18 23:05

Pre-downloading the game now :jmp:

SilentRain 05-09-18 01:13

Amazing, I cannot wait for another Spidey game! I loved Spider-Man 2 the game after all. :cool:

BluenoseGames 05-09-18 08:41

[QUOTE=Fantasy;7966224]Pre-downloading the game now :jmp:[/QUOTE]

I left mine pre-downloading overnight can't wait :jmp:

shockwave_pulsar00 05-09-18 14:56

My original PS4 died on me, so I ended up buying the Spider-Man Pro bundle. Now I'm just waiting for it to ship to me.