www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Next Generation Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   TRNG - Bugs & Limitations Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=165980)

Paolone 17-09-13 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkyV (Post 6906161)
1227 s test
It works fine. Extra info panel is great and useful. (Maybe you should change "Frame255" extra info, to "any frame" somehow.)

Good idea, many couldn't remember that speech about 255 frame works for all frames.
Quote:

It does still not fix my issue (caused by opening a diary page).
I got sensation that the bug detected by titak was different than yours.
My fixing could work with titak problem, while for yours I have no idea. Are you able to create a little project where this bug happens always?

Quote:

Speaking of TextFormat, I discovered millions of years ago that SC_DOUBLE_SIZE doesn't work. Maybe is that related to the character size bug you are working on?
It maybe...
I'll try to see what is the problem with SC_DOUBLE_SIZE


Diagnostic line for that flag won't be cleared if I leave the level, I need to quit the game.[/QUOTE]

Paolone 17-09-13 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolone (Post 6906179)
Diagnostic line for that flag won't be cleared if I leave the level, I need to quit the game.

[/QUOTE]

It's normal, it works for all levels.
Perhaps you mean that the timing should be cleared to 0 after a new level?
I could change that.

AkyV 17-09-13 19:47

Quote:

My fixing could work with titak problem, while for yours I have no idea. Are you able to create a little project where this bug happens always?
It is an easy situation I try to just describe it:

1. I trigger an F363 to print ExtranNG#0 string. This is a line for my Hungarian character test: őűŐŰ, with PARAM_WTEXT#1. (Now the text has the good size.) - Then I leave the trigger.
2. After 3 seconds, the text will be removed off the screen automatically.
3. I save the game.
4. I load that savegame.
5. I trigger an F222 to open Diary#1 Page#1.
6. I hit ESC to close the diary.
7. I trigger that F363 again. Now the text is squeezed.

This is the whole script for the level (except Name, Data and LoadCamera):

Quote:

Equipment= PICKUP_ITEM2, 1
Pickup= 2, Lara's Diary, $0000,$0300,$c000,$0000,$0000,$0002
ColorRGB= 1, 255, 0, 0
ColorRGB= 2, 0, 0, 0
WindowsFont= 1, 1:Arial, WFF_BOLD+WFF_CENTER_ALIGN+WFF_SHADOW, 40, 1, 2
WindowsFont= 2, 1:Arial, WFF_LEFT_ALIGN, 30, 2, IGNORE
Image= 3, 4, IF_FULL_SCREEN, IGNORE, 255, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Diary= 1, PICKUP_ITEM2, LDF_SOUND_EFFECTS, 4, PL_DOUBLE_PAGE, @central.txt, 1, 2
Parameters= PARAM_WTEXT, 1, IGNORE, 1, 90, 0,200,1000,1000
And this test text there is in central.txt:

Quote:

ő Ő ű Ű
őŐűŰ
Image4.bmp ("Lara in the ocean" that you also used in the binoculars demo project) for the diary is placed in Pix folder.

----------------------------------------

Quote:

It's normal, it works for all levels.
Perhaps you mean that the timing should be cleared to 0 after a new level?
I could change that.
I tested an easy Organizer: open a door after 4 seconds and then close it after newer 5 seconds. I stepped on the Organizer-enabling trigger again and again just when the door has closed, and I got this:

0:298:284:281:271:301

The problem is when I used Pause menu to go back to the title and then started the game again, then that 0:298:284:281:271:301 line remained there. However, "start a new game" should mean a tabula rasa, a new testing procedure, right, the diagnostic line should be turned back to "empty".
(Yes, empty, not 0, the value got 0 only when I stepped on the trigger at first.)

Paolone 18-09-13 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkyV (Post 6906239)
It is an easy situation I try to just describe it:

1. I trigger an F363 to print ExtranNG#0 string. This is a line for my Hungarian character test: őűŐŰ, with PARAM_WTEXT#1. (Now the text has the good size.) - Then I leave the trigger.
2. After 3 seconds, the text will be removed off the screen automatically.
3. I save the game.
4. I load that savegame.
5. I trigger an F222 to open Diary#1 Page#1.
6. I hit ESC to close the diary.
7. I trigger that F363 again. Now the text is squeezed.

This is the whole script for the level (except Name, Data and LoadCamera):

Ok, thanks, I'll try to reproduce it.

Quote:

The problem is when I used Pause menu to go back to the title and then started the game again, then that 0:298:284:281:271:301 line remained there. However, "start a new game" should mean a tabula rasa, a new testing procedure, right, the diagnostic line should be turned back to "empty".
(Yes, empty, not 0, the value got 0 only when I stepped on the trigger at first.)
Well, now I understood: I'll clear the timing list when level begins.

AkyV 21-09-13 10:44

Oh, I almost forgot

Quote:

- Increased max number of TriggerGroup commands from 256 to 1000.
Now you can have upto 1000 triggergroup commands in a level section of your script.
About the IDs used with triggergroup the max value to use is 10000
F118, F192, C15 still says 255 max ID (F345 has 9999)

If you say 10000 then that thing with 9999 is true only if the smallest ID is 0. But that is 1.

Quote:

- Increased max number of GlobalTrigger commands from 100 to 500.
Now you can type until to 500 GlobalTrigger command in same level section. About the max value for IDs it's 5000
F109 still says 127 max ID, not 5000

Quote:

- Increased max number of Organizer commands from 100 to 500
Now you can add upto 500 Organizer commands in same level section. About the max value for IDs it's 5000
F290 still says 255 max ID (F127, F128 has 4999 - that should be 5000, because the smallest ID is 1?)

Quote:

- Increased max number of MultEnvCondition commands from 20 to 256
Now you can type upto 100 MultEnvCondition commands in same level section. About the max value for IDs it's 1000
C16 still says 100 max ID, not 1000
Quote:

Note: this rule act for all command scripts, where the max number of ID is the max number of occurence of that command multiplied by 10
So is that 256 or 100 MultEnvCondition max amount? 2560 or 1000 max ID?


All of these max. ID/amount numbers should be mentioned in the descriptions of the commands in NG Center.

--------------------------------------

Speaking of command ID's I don't understand this difference with AddEffects:

F87 - 256 max ID
A48, A49, A83, A84 - 127 max ID

And if 127/256 is the max ID, then how much is the max amount?

--------------------------

From 1227 j:
The Office installer always launches by itself when I launch NG Center or WADMerger.

AkyV 22-09-13 12:26

1227 t test

Quote:

- Improved infos about AnimCommand decoding in NGLE program.
In previous release the frame 255, used to set "perform in all frames" had no specific description. Now it will be described as "to perform in all frames"
Sorry, I forgot to say, but you should also change it in the TXT of the Exported command.

Quote:

- Fixed bug about trigger timing.
In previous release the timing list was not cleared loading a new level
I don't know it is important or not but the value will also be cleared if I save/load the game.

Quote:

- Added new flag for TestPosition script command.
It has been added the TPOS_ROUND_HORIENT flag for testposition command.
This cool feature made something come to my mind:
Eg. what if Lara is not only facing a medipack around it but their collision boxes are overlapped, in the proper position: now it is a good condition for "if Lara is ready to pick up the item from the ground, standing/crouching/swimming". - I.e. now not (only) the positions but the collision boxes (as well) are compared to each other.
Or, maybe it's not the collision box what the point is so you can expand that feature for each interaction, using "Key Action (CTRL) will cause something if you hit that" condition. Eg. "Lara is in the proper position to kick a kickdoor", "Lara will get into the boat if you hit CTRL now" etc. - The circumstances are complex if you want to do that with a usual TestPosition.
(There are several hardcoded interactions, but I'll try collect them if you want.)

Quote:

- Attempt to fix bug about changing size of windows font when there has been a mixing of print text strings and diary showing.
Sorry. But no. :(
Even if I create a WAD without FONT_GRAPHICS.
Quote:

About the SC_DOUBLE_SIZE it works for me.
Try the new font demo where at first trigger you'll see all different text formats.
Also removing the ng sprite font from the wad, it goes on to work.
In newfont demo you didn't use SC_DOUBLE_SIZE. That's what you use there:
- SC_DOUBLE_WIDTH in TextFormat. Yes, that works.
- FT_SIZE_DOUBLE_CHAR, FT_SIZE_DOUBLE_WIDTH, FT_SIZE_DOUBLE_HEIGHT in PARAM_PRINT_TEXT. Yes, they work.

If I use SC_DOUBLE_SIZE then the size of menu texts

- will remain the same size with the old tomb4 text
- will be squeezed with FONT_GRAPHICS

(However, FT size constants of TextFormat will work properly with flipeffect texts.)

Paolone 22-09-13 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkyV (Post 6908308)
Oh, I almost forgot



F118, F192, C15 still says 255 max ID (F345 has 9999)

If you say 10000 then that thing with 9999 is true only if the smallest ID is 0. But that is 1.

F109 still says 127 max ID, not 5000

F290 still says 255 max ID (F127, F128 has 4999 - that should be 5000, because the smallest ID is 1?)

C16 still says 100 max ID, not 1000

It's true, this is a problem.
I increased the internal arrays to host many script instances (of globaltrigger, triggergroup ect) but to use those ids from trigger there is the limitation about trigger data in the level map, where I can set only number until 1023 with flipeffect but yet lower with action and condition triggers, 0-254
I'll have to find a way to handle with the trigger IDs higher than trigger structure limit. :confused:
Quote:

From 1227 j:
The Office installer always launches by itself when I launch NG Center or WADMerger.
I don't understand this weirdness. Do you speak about office program by Microsoft? :confused:
I don't understand the reason, trng do not use any .doc file or other office service or file.
Had you already completed the installation of Office?

Paolone 22-09-13 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkyV (Post 6908735)
1227 t test
Sorry, I forgot to say, but you should also change it in the TXT of the Exported command.

Ah, ok, don't worry, I'll add also there that info.

Quote:

I don't know it is important or not but the value will also be cleared if I save/load the game.
It's normal because a loading savegame (but not saving) load also newly the level linked with that savegame.
Quote:

This cool feature made something come to my mind:
Eg. what if Lara is not only facing a medipack around it but their collision boxes are overlapped, in the proper position: now it is a good condition for "if Lara is ready to pick up the item from the ground, standing/crouching/swimming". - I.e. now not (only) the positions but the collision boxes (as well) are compared to each other.
Or, maybe it's not the collision box what the point is so you can expand that feature for each interaction, using "Key Action (CTRL) will cause something if you hit that" condition. Eg. "Lara is in the proper position to kick a kickdoor", "Lara will get into the boat if you hit CTRL now" etc. - The circumstances are complex if you want to do that with a usual TestPosition.
(There are several hardcoded interactions, but I'll try collect them if you want.)
I tried to supply the "bricks" to build anything, and I believe that mixing testposition with other env_condtion you can handle all above situations.
By other hand, create a preset values for me it should be very tiring because there are a lot of chances.

Quote:

Sorry. But no. :(
Even if I create a WAD without FONT_GRAPHICS.
That's pity. :(
I belived to have found a bug about windows font size.
Really I've not been able to reproduce your bug with the script commands and instuction you gave me.
The problem is that we cann't know if that bug it's affected by other circustance like quantity of text in diary page, or other effect/action/item it is in your level.
For this reason I need of a little full project where this bug happens.

Quote:

In newfont demo you didn't use SC_DOUBLE_SIZE. That's what you use there:
- SC_DOUBLE_WIDTH in TextFormat. Yes, that works.
- FT_SIZE_DOUBLE_CHAR, FT_SIZE_DOUBLE_WIDTH, FT_SIZE_DOUBLE_HEIGHT in PARAM_PRINT_TEXT. Yes, they work.

If I use SC_DOUBLE_SIZE then the size of menu texts

- will remain the same size with the old tomb4 text
- will be squeezed with FONT_GRAPHICS

(However, FT size constants of TextFormat will work properly with flipeffect texts.)
Ok, I understand, I'll analyse better the SC_DOUBLE_SIZE setting.

AkyV 22-09-13 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolone (Post 6908750)
I don't understand this weirdness. Do you speak about office program by Microsoft? :confused:
I don't understand the reason, trng do not use any .doc file or other office service or file.
Had you already completed the installation of Office?

Yes, it is Microsoft Office. And it has been installed completely.
But it is not a really important bug, I just always hit ESC to quit the installer, and that's all. Maybe some maintenance will remove it.

Quote:

For this reason I need of a little full project where this bug happens.
Okay, I'll do it and send the link in a PM.

Paolone 23-09-13 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkyV (Post 6908884)
Yes, it is Microsoft Office. And it has been installed completely.
But it is not a really important bug, I just always hit ESC to quit the installer, and that's all. Maybe some maintenance will remove it.


Okay, I'll do it and send the link in a PM.

Thanks, I'll check PMs


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.