www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Lukass 31-01-12 18:05

There will never be ****ing multiplayer in Tomb Raider game. Multiplayer is just for new blockbusters without any innovation like Uncharted :p

Linoshi Croft 31-01-12 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5947841)
There will never be ****ing multiplayer in Tomb Raider game. Multiplayer is just for new blockbusters without any innovation like Uncharted :p

I disagree.

larafan25 31-01-12 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5947841)
There will never be ****ing multiplayer in Tomb Raider game. Multiplayer is just for new blockbusters without any innovation like Uncharted :p

This new Silent Hill game isn't innovating at all.

Lukass 31-01-12 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 5947847)
I disagree.

You have all rights to disagree. I won't blame you :p

larafan25 31-01-12 18:16

Assassin's Creed's multiplayer doesn't look copy and pasted to me, it seems like true originality and innovation.

Lukass 31-01-12 18:20

Why dafuq you still keep comparing? U, AC, RE etc. I don't want TR to be like the games. I want it to be unique.

Linoshi Croft 31-01-12 18:21

So giving it multiplayer makes it not unique...With that logic everything it has already done is not unique, looking at all the games you platform, puzzle solve and kill things :p

lcroft_lc 31-01-12 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 5947827)
Crystak Dynamics, Karl said somewhere (apparently not in a odcast as I listened to them all last night) that there would be no multiplayer for TR9, or that they weren't thinking about it, or something along the lines of "no". However the logos, the job requirements. Maybe it's some other form of online functionality....but I think they'll come to their senses and realize multiplayer is where it's at. :pi:


You have lots of patience to listen those chitchat for such a long time. I am reading all those magazine articles starting from GameInformer reveal for last 7/8 days. Missed lots of line and its kinda feel like I am getting lots of new info in early 2012. :D


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5947841)
There will never be ****ing multiplayer in Tomb Raider game. Multiplayer is just for new blockbusters without any innovation like Uncharted :p

Yes, and that's they had to do it when someone else blame them for copying other games. :p

larafan25 31-01-12 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5947877)
Why dafuq you still keep comparing? U, AC, RE etc. I don't want TR to be like the games. I want it to be unique.

Being unique matters, why?

Why can't Tomb Raider please, compete, and be unique?

I compared because you implied that the games featuring multiplayer hadn't innovated, and I bed to differ.

Lukass 31-01-12 18:34

Unique without multiplayer :) There is no room for that **** multiplayer in TR anyway.

larafan25 31-01-12 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5947910)
Unique without multiplayer :) There is no room for that **** multiplayer in TR anyway.

There's tons of room on the market place.

By adding multiplayer, you may lose some uniqueness, but you never had that to begin with because most games were single player back when TR was popular. For Tomb Raider to take something popular today, and place the TR-mark on it would be unique.

Linoshi Croft 31-01-12 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5947910)
Unique without multiplayer :) There is no room for that **** multiplayer in TR anyway.

So basically you just don't want multiplayer and have no real reason for it like the silly reason of being "unique"

Again..


Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 5947879)
So giving it multiplayer makes it not unique...With that logic everything it has already done is not unique, looking at all the games you platform, puzzle solve and kill things :p

But now I see its nothing to do with that and it's just you don't want it, and that's that xD

Agent 47 31-01-12 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5947841)
There will never be ****ing multiplayer in Tomb Raider game. Multiplayer is just for new blockbusters without any innovation like Uncharted :p

Sadly i think you are wrong and Tomb Raider WILL whore itself out to the lowest common denominator and have online ability. And just like Uncharted......Tomb Raider as a single player game will suffer in the end as n00bs will only buy it for OMG ITz got Co-Op fap fap fap >>

If Tomb Raider must go down the multiplayer route i say this....keep it out of the main series and just make more GoL tat for the online masses, seems a fair compromise :D

lcroft_lc 31-01-12 18:39

They can make separate title like LCGOL for Multiplayer only. A new IP like Lara Croft and the battle in Multiplayer Or The battle for Lara Croft in Multiplayer. ;)

larafan25 31-01-12 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent 47 (Post 5947922)
Sadly i think you are wrong and Tomb Raider WILL whore itself out to the lowest common denominator and have online ability. And just like Uncharted......Tomb Raider as a single player game will suffer in the end as n00bs will only buy it for OMG ITz got Co-Op fap fap fap >>

If Tomb Raider must go down the multiplayer route i say this....keep it out of the main series and just make more GoL tat for the online masses, seems a fair compromise :D

Uncharted implemented multiplayer in Uncharted 2, and that was by far a complete and awesome package.

Take into consideration the things actually added to single player in Uncharted 3 which effected the rest of that single player campaign. As they did fine with Uncharted 2, providing a full multiplayer mode that some find better than Uncharted 3 multiplayer, and a great story mode.

lcroft_lc 31-01-12 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 5947921)
So basically you just don't want multiplayer and have no real reason for it like the silly reason of being "unique"

Again..


But now I see its nothing to do with that and it's just you don't want it, and that's that xD

I don't want multiplayer too, Justin bieber. :)

Linoshi Croft 31-01-12 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 5947933)
I don't want multiplayer too, Justin bieber. :)

Excuse me...?

larafan25 31-01-12 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5947841)
There will never be ****ing multiplayer in Tomb Raider game. Multiplayer is just for new blockbusters without any innovation like Uncharted :p

Find where Karl said no multiplayer for TR9.

lcroft_lc 31-01-12 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 5947939)
Excuse me...?

What's wrong? Ohh its Justin Gayber. :p

I don't want MP in TR too. :D

Linoshi Croft 31-01-12 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 5947951)
What's wrong? Ohh its Justin Gayber. :p

I don't want MP in TR too. :D

Are you trying to insult me or something ? :vlol:

And that's nice to know..

lcroft_lc 31-01-12 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 5947987)
Are you trying to insult me or something ? :vlol:

And that's nice to know..

Nope. But I hate the person in your avatar. :p

Linoshi Croft 31-01-12 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 5948000)
Nope. But I hate the person in your avatar. :p

....Do you realise who it is. It is Brendon Urie?

Plus just because you don't like the person in someone avatar doesn't mean you have to be rude towards them and people or things they like...

But anyway on topic, why don't you want multiplayer?

JsotoTRSaga 31-01-12 19:17

I do not like Multiplayer in Tomb Raider. I do not want it and the reasons of why not... i have mentioned them in other threads already :pi:... Fortunately there will be no MP in TR9 yay! ;)

Lukass 31-01-12 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 5947931)
Uncharted implemented multiplayer in Uncharted 2, and that was by far a complete and awesome package.

Take into consideration the things actually added to single player in Uncharted 3 which effected the rest of that single player campaign. As they did fine with Uncharted 2, providing a full multiplayer mode that some find better than Uncharted 3 multiplayer, and a great story mode.


Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted and Uncharted once again for a change.

larafan25 31-01-12 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5948031)
Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted and Uncharted once again for a change.

Uncharted did something good, you surprised?

Lukass 31-01-12 19:26

You should go to play your favorite Uncharted. You desperately need your dose. Let us please discuss about Tomb Raider. I think there are Uncharted forums and chats too :wve:

JsotoTRSaga 31-01-12 19:29

TR needs to be Original and Uncharted has been stealing TR Formula since 2006 (on early developments of Uncharted1) if u take a closer look and get deep into the story of Uncharted and look through the environment, his moves, the weapons etc. you will notice most is inspired by Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider does not need to copy Uncharted with Multiplayer or other Online features :/ because TR is great as a Singleplayer adventure not as a Co-op or an Online match of treasure hunting :pi:. If in the future they include MP for a TR Game then good for those who want it but seriously i would not play MP because not everyone enjoys a short campaign and a huge MP experience..... MP should stay with Short games like CoD and leave the Long story and Huge Singleplayer campaign of TR Alone. :rolleyes: I Agree with Lukass in some Aspects :/

dizzydoil 31-01-12 19:31

It's pretty impossible to be original these days. Every game has copied & expanded from another game/movie/medium. Some people need to get over it.

Lukass 31-01-12 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 5948052)
TR needs to be Original and Uncharted has been stealing TR Formula since 2006 (on early developments of Uncharted1) if u take a closer look and get deep into the story of Uncharted and look through the environment, his moves, the weapons etc. you will notice most is inspired by Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider does not need to copy Uncharted with Multiplayer or other Online features :/ because TR is great as a Singleplayer adventure not as a Co-op or an Online match of treasure hunting :pi:. If in the future they include MP for a TR Game then good for those who want it but seriously i would not play MP because not everyone enjoys a short campaign and a huge MP experience..... MP should stay with Short games like CoD and leave the Long story and Huge Singleplayer campaign of TR Alone. :rolleyes:

Perfectly said! I could not agree more.

Charlie91 31-01-12 19:31

Uncharted isn't Tomb Raider. Why is it disscused here so often? This is forum about Tomb Raider, not Uncharted.

Linoshi Croft 31-01-12 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 5948052)
TR needs to be Original and Uncharted has been stealing TR Formula since 2006 (on early developments of Uncharted1) if u take a closer look and get deep into the story of Uncharted and look through the environment, his moves, the weapons etc. you will notice most is inspired by Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider does not need to copy Uncharted with Multiplayer or other Online features :/ because TR is great as a Singleplayer adventure not as a Co-op or an Online match of treasure hunting :pi:. If in the future they include MP for a TR Game then good for those who want it but seriously i would not play MP because not everyone enjoys a short campaign and a huge MP experience..... MP should stay with Short games like CoD and leave the Long story and Huge Singleplayer campaign of TR Alone. :rolleyes:

You say it as if Uncharted invented multiplayer :confused: Loads of games have multiplayer, it wouldn't be copying.

Well, sorry to say..looking at the single player Tombraider has taken alot of stuff from Uncharted already anyway.

JsotoTRSaga 31-01-12 19:33

True this CHarlie it was not me who implied Uncharted first btw :/ its that some Uncharted fans want TR to become Uncharted and it will never be Uncharted. Drake is Drake and Lara is Lara PERIOD.

Lukass 31-01-12 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie91 (Post 5948060)
Uncharted isn't Tomb Raider. Why is it disscused here so often? This is forum about Tomb Raider, not Uncharted.

There are people who refuse to understand this is Tomb Raider forum. They just need to take a pill or two :)

xLara_Nathanx 31-01-12 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5948065)
There are people who refuse to understand this is Tomb Raider forum. They just need to take a pill or two :)

Sooooooooo.. close the general chat area too? Because that isn't about TR.

Lukass 31-01-12 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx (Post 5948066)
Sooooooooo.. close the general chat area too? Because that isn't about TR.

Noooooooooo. I meant TR section.

Charlie91 31-01-12 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5948070)
Noooooooooo. I meant TR section.

Exactly. Who wants to talk about Uncharted and other games, can talk in general section... not here.

JsotoTRSaga 31-01-12 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 5948063)
You say it as if Uncharted invented multiplayer :confused: Loads of games have multiplayer, it wouldn't be copying.

Well, sorry to say..looking at the single player Tombraider has taken alot of stuff from Uncharted already anyway.

TR has taken stuff from Uncharted?? the first TR was Released in 1996 and Tomb Raider Legend which was in 2006 before Uncharted 1 was released already Included the movements that Uncharted copied later when U1 was released in 2007. The new TR However does not look any similar to Uncharted only by the fact of it's genre and lets not forget it was Uncharted that stole the TR formula so they will always be somewhat alike in some aspects... but it does not mean TR copies Uncharted :/..... rather than the Opposite way Uncharted copies TR and TR takes some of the stuff they copied and Improve them ;). and NO Uncharted did not invent MP i know that lol... Lots of games have Multiplayer but most of their singleplayer campaigns suck and are too Short, not all BTW but they are always shorter when having MP. TR Does not need to have a multiplayer potion just because annoying Uncharted has one MP option, That is what i meant ;) No more copy cat Topic here *cough Uncharted *Cough

Lukass 31-01-12 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 5948080)
TR has taken stuff from Uncharted?? the first TR was Released in 1996 and Tomb Raider Legend which was in 2006 before Uncharted 1 was released already Included the movements that Uncharted copied later when U1 was released in 2007. The new TR However does not look any similar to Uncharted only by the fact of it's genre and lets not forget it was Uncharted that stole the TR formula so they will always be somewhat alike in some aspects... but it does not mean TR copies Uncharted :/..... rather than the Opposite way Uncharted copies TR and TR takes some of the stuff they copied and Improve them ;). and NO Uncharted did not invent MP i know that lol... Lots of games have Multiplayer but most of their singleplayer campaigns suck and are too Short, not all BTW but they are always shorter when having MP. TR Does not need to have a multiplayer potion just because annoying Uncharted has one MP option, That is what i meant ;)

I love you!

JsotoTRSaga 31-01-12 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukass (Post 5948084)
i love you!

lol ;)

xLara_Nathanx 31-01-12 19:47

^THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
----

@JsotoTRSaga LOL. Annoying Uncharted? Someone is ... well nevermind. Also, for the 2830th time... UC and TR are not similar at all. Maybe only the ''exploration'' and ''patforming'' part, but that's it (in almost every game of the genre, the controls are the same). Is there a cover system in TR? No. Combat is way different. Just... fanboys. That's all I can say. Thank god everyone has their own opinions. (Even though I do not talk about the things I hate with a reason (CoD))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 5948070)
Noooooooooo. I meant TR section.

Okaaaaaaaay. Well, actually, you are right. But using other games to help you in an argument is allowed, isn't it? It is also helpful to name other games (not only UC) when trying to explain something. (Like, using Gears of War to explain how you'd want a cover system in TR)


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.