www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Gamd1011 23-08-12 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6396700)
Youtube is ****ing stupid ugh, can you put it up for download on mediafire.com or something? :/

Nope :/


:pi:
Maybe Vimeo...

FearEffect 23-08-12 22:50

Just change the name of your video to :

azefgkzensfjocenzdlmzkeqfcpedcqz

Mine is called V1482645TR

Love2Raid 23-08-12 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by italibabee (Post 6396701)


Evil-doings on Youtube.

Youtube sucks!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!! :p

What are you guys uploading, is it new? O_O

larafan25 23-08-12 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Raid (Post 6396720)
Youtube sucks!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!! :p

What are you guys uploading, is it new? O_O

The all access demo, not new but considerably voice-less.

Love2Raid 23-08-12 22:54

Oh, okay. *disappointed*

_Tomb_Raider 23-08-12 23:39

How long can be youtube videos?

Peep Show 23-08-12 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6396792)
How long can be youtube videos?

There's no limit, I think.

Lukass 23-08-12 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6396792)
How long can be youtube videos?

Well, I'm now watching full movie on YouTube, which is 1:57:59 ;)

_Tomb_Raider 23-08-12 23:44

Thank you guys...:hug:
I'm doing that thing that Peep Show suggested... and it's giving me :cen::cen:

Lukass 23-08-12 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6396802)
Thank you guys...:hug:
I'm doing that thing that Peep Show suggested... and it's giving me :cen::cen:

What are you uploading?

Peep Show 23-08-12 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6396802)
Thank you guys...:hug:
I'm doing that thing that Peep Show suggested... and it's giving me :cen::cen:

Omg, i'm in love with you. :hug:

larafan25 23-08-12 23:48

I think he's in Audacity.

_Tomb_Raider 23-08-12 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6396806)
Omg, i'm in love with you. :hug:

Yeah, well tell me that when I'm finished. :ton:

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6396807)
I think he's in Audacity.

YES! Doing all s#!t at once... :cen:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6396805)
What are you uploading?

A full gamelay from start to rape (no Karl, no people talking, just 30 min. of pure gameplay).

Rai 23-08-12 23:53

Are you including the den form the beginning or just from the exit, the forest etc?

_Tomb_Raider 23-08-12 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by rai (Post 6396819)
are you including the den form the beginning or just from the exit, the forest etc?

every single thing we got.
And I'm doing the uncut den from start.

Plus, it will be all in 720p (more or less in some parts) :D

Lukass 23-08-12 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6396814)
A full gamelay from start to rape (no Karl, no people talking, just 30 min. of pure gameplay).

I love you so much! Are you uploading the official stuff only, or the fans hands-on videos are included too? They're the best I think :)

Peep Show 23-08-12 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6396822)
I love you so much! Are you uploading the official stuff only, or the fans hands-on videos are included too? They're the best I think :)

I think he should do the official stuff only for now, I need a clean HD gameplay of everything. <3

_Tomb_Raider 24-08-12 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6396822)
I love you so much! Are you uploading the official stuff only, or the fans hands-on videos are included too? They're the best I think :)

A mix of everything... I donwloaded a hell lot video clips that had the best quality and the best sound... But don't expect it today, MAYBE by tomorrow...It depends on how long it will take to upload since it will be long + in 720p.

_Tomb_Raider 24-08-12 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6396828)
I think he should do the official stuff only for now, I need a clean HD gameplay of everything. <3

That's my goal, so don't worry ;)

Rai 24-08-12 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6396821)
every single thing we got.
And I'm doing the uncut den from start.

Plus, it will be all in 720p (more or less in some parts) :D

Oh, that's great! Thank you. :D.

Lukass 24-08-12 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6396831)
A mix of everything... I donwloaded a hell lot video clips that had the best quality and the best sound... But don't expect it today, MAYBE by tomorrow...It depends on how long it will take to upload since it will be long + in 720p.

It's ok :D I'm happy to wait :D

Peep Show 24-08-12 00:06

Ahhh I'm so happy you're doing what I suggested, new favorite member tbh. <3 :hug:

But i'm afraid youtube may block it for copyright so you should upload it to vimeo or make it available for download :(

Lukass 24-08-12 00:14

YouTube is so stupid...I mean what copyright? :/ There are so many fan edited gaming videos, trailers etc. If there's gonna be a problem to upload this TR video, then go to hell YT. :/

Stevo505 24-08-12 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6396243)
That's a bit disappointing, I've lost all my faith towards CD and japanese music now...Very good find, though.

Lol.

Underhoe 24-08-12 00:32

God. ._. I only meant the music. As it sounds everything but japanese-y so far. Then it turns out the only music like that isn't part of the soundtrack... Which is disappointing to me, yes. I want to hear relaxing japanese tracks as I enter a temple, not some generic action crap.

Lukass 24-08-12 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6396900)
God. ._. I only meant the music. As it sounds everything but japanese-y so far. Then it turns out the only music like that isn't part of the soundtrack... Which is disappointing to me, yes. I want to hear relaxing japanese tracks as I enter a temple, not some generic action crap.

I do agree. I was excited to hear some japanese tribal music in the soundtrack, I love the music we've heard so far, but it's far from the game spirit if that makes sense. I mean look at TRU Thailand for example...

larafan25 24-08-12 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6396900)
God. ._. I only meant the music. As it sounds everything but japanese-y so far. Then it turns out the only music like that isn't part of the soundtrack... Which is disappointing to me, yes. I want to hear relaxing japanese tracks as I enter a temple, not some generic action crap.

Bingo.

I want TR to abandon earthly culture, and almost enter a world of fantasy.

Like...how do I mean this...

I don't want it to b so mainstream.

If we're going to Japan let's get the soundtrack to be very Japanese.

I feel sort of taken out of the myths and themes otherwise.

Stevo505 24-08-12 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6396900)
God. ._. I only meant the music. As it sounds everything but japanese-y so far. Then it turns out the only music like that isn't part of the soundtrack... Which is disappointing to me, yes. I want to hear relaxing japanese tracks as I enter a temple, not some generic action crap.

Well we haven't entered any temples in this game yet, have we?

Peep Show 24-08-12 00:38

I still don't see how the music we've heard so far is "generic" though.

SpyrosMonster 24-08-12 00:39

Is it just me or today there wasn't any activity at this section? ...

larafan25 24-08-12 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6396912)
I still don't see how the music we've heard so far is "generic" though.

It's hard to describe.

Though I will say I liked the beats in the opening vista.

Lukass 24-08-12 00:40

Eggsactly.

Stevo505 24-08-12 00:40

The soundtrack seems to feature flutes a lot.. or some kind of flute. Does Japanese music use flutes?

Lukass 24-08-12 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 6396920)
The soundtrack seems to feature flutes a lot.. or some kind of flute. Does Japanese music use flutes?

Yup, but the music doesn't sound japanese. Not in the slightest...well, except the japanese vocals bit in the Sam and Mathias footage.

larafan25 24-08-12 00:43

I think flutes are Japan-ish.

All of the little snippets from the podcasts have been nice.

It's just the main theme with that "durn dun doo duuu" and the choice of music for the Crossroads trailer which don't seem fitting to me.

Underhoe 24-08-12 00:43

^Exactly how I feel.

The temple part was just an example. Sure, we haven't seen much of the game (or as we hope), but the music didn't really impress me so far. I like the calm, ambient-like sounds in the forest, but it just doesn't feel japanese-y to me at all. None of them yet. I fear that they'll stick to this modern, gritty theme throughout the game, and won't be able to feel the island's ancient side, if that makes sense...

Edit : Shakuhachi is a traditional japanese flute, but I haven't heard a single of it so far.

Stevo505 24-08-12 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6396924)
^Exactly how I feel.

The temple part was just an example. Sure, we haven't seen much of the game (or as we hope), but the music didn't really impress me so far. I like the calm, ambient like sounds in the forest, but it just doesn't feel japanese-y to me at all. None of them yet. I fear that they'll stick to this modern, gritty theme throughout the game, and won't be able to feel the island's ancient side, if that makes sense...

Edit : Shakuhachi is a traditional japanese flute, but I haven't heard a single of it so far.

Hmmm. Perhaps it will only be like this for the first half while Lara is trying to survive. She's not concerned with the history of the island as much as she is just trying to stay alive. I think maybe the island's ancient side will come up more in the latter half of the game.

larafan25 24-08-12 00:49

Does anyone else hope there is a sarcophagus move like in TR4? In which we can push open coffins and then we can take items off of bodies (which is one of the upgrades)?

Underhoe 24-08-12 00:54

I also agree with Lukass, TRU had a really good soundtrack, which mostly sticked to the theme of a certain location/area. You could feel the ancient Thai culture in the music of Thailand, or the haunting, gothic atmosphere of the Crypts. I want to connect to the game as many ways as possible, but if I can't feel the island being part of Japan, it takes off a lot from the experience.

The1andOnlyTR 24-08-12 01:04

This is kinda just chat in general, but, how soon before a games release do we usually see demos on XBL and PSN?


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:03.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.