www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Mikky 31-08-12 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6409989)
The game looks fun. The only thing that I want it to have is slow motion moments!!!

But it does have slow motion moments. Unfortunately.

Love2Raid 31-08-12 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6409989)
The game looks fun. The only thing that I want it to have is slow motion moments!!!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...AYWtB8AOLQ&t=1

Spong 31-08-12 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6409989)
The only thing that I want it to have is slow motion moments!!!

You might want to play the game with your eyes shut at certain points then ;)

Love2Raid 31-08-12 20:50

I liked the adrenaline dodge move in TRA (the whole combat system was pretty damn good, to be honest, best in the series so far) and the few moments in TRU (I think it happened like 3 times or something, lol) were pretty cool as well. But this game has plenty of QTE's and cinematic events, please let them not add even more gimmicks to the game, lol... We have more than enough now. :p

SpyrosMonster 31-08-12 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6409991)
But it does have slow motion moments. Unfortunately.

when D: I haven't notice... except when she falls at the beginning of the game
I mean I want a slow motion moment when it makes the action scene look more badass. I can't explain it...

TippingWater 31-08-12 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6410020)
when D: I haven't notice... except when she falls at the beginning of the game
I mean I want a slow motion moment when it makes the action scene look more badass. I can't explain it...

It also happens during the waterfall slide, but I guess that it is triggered by the player.

Spong 31-08-12 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Raid (Post 6410016)
I liked the adrenaline dodge move in TRA (the whole combat system was pretty damn good, to be honest, best in the series so far) and the few moments in TRU (I think it happened like 3 times or something, lol) were pretty cool as well. But this game has plenty of QTE's and cinematic events, please let them not add even more gimmicks to the game, lol... We have more than enough now. :p

I agree with what you say about Anni, I didn't like the AMs in Underworld though, they felt completely cheap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6410020)
when D: I haven't notice...

When she's fending off the wolves while she's stuck in the bear trap, and it slows down whenever there's a QTE, like when she attacks Mr Friendly Russian Guy. Each button prompt is accompanied by a brief moment of slow motion.

Mikky 31-08-12 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6410020)
when D: I haven't notice....

All the bits Spong and TippingWater said. They're so lame. I hate them so much. :/


Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6410023)
It also happens during the waterfall slide, but I guess that it is triggered by the player.

Well, it's not like we have any choice in the matter.

TippingWater 31-08-12 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6410041)
Well, it's not like we have any choice in the matter.

I think that we trigger them with survival instinct or something.

Mikky 31-08-12 21:15

No.

larafan25 31-08-12 21:18

Slow motion sucks, I hate it.

TippingWater 31-08-12 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6410074)
No.

Actually yes.

Lukass 31-08-12 21:20

Hate em too.

TippingWater 31-08-12 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6410087)
Hate em too.

Yeah, they are kinda unrealistic, but they do work in the game's favor and add momentum.

larafan25 31-08-12 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6410107)
Yeah, they are kinda unrealistic, but they do work in the game's favor and add momentum.

lawl, that's not even the problem.

They completely crap all over the idea of action.

With slow motion the level of action does not even change for the player, therefore there is no action.

Mikky 31-08-12 21:29

I just don't understand. CD wants to make this game realistic and believable, at least when it comes to the story and what Lara has to do to survive, and they say how that can affect the gameplay too. How do slow motion moments fit into that? Anyone else in her situation wouldn't have the luxury of slowing down time! And would it really be that difficult to shoot wolfs or environmental hazards in real time?! I want to ask CD these questions. It's just such a cheap gimmick. That's exactly what it is - a ****ing gimmick that adds nothing in terms of gameplay, enjoyability, realism or anything! AT least in LAU and even Survival Instinct, you have the CHOICE of doing it. Ugh!! Is it really worth getting so worked up about it? Probably not because CD never listen to us when it comes to these things.

TippingWater 31-08-12 21:37

People stop bitching so much :p.

larafan25 31-08-12 21:38

Wai? So we have more to bitch about later on?

Bitching gets somewhere.

TippingWater 31-08-12 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6410124)
Wai? So we have more to bitch about later on?

Bitching gets somewhere.

Yeah on my nerves, even though I can be a bigger bitch-er than all of you TRF combined :D.

larafan25 31-08-12 21:45

Bitching got rid of the headset and motorcycle sequences. :cool:

Mikky 31-08-12 21:52

^ Tro dat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6410085)
Actually yes.

It wouldn't make sense. I mean, if we did have to activate it ourselves, imagine how uncomfortable it would be, pressing the SI button and shooting at something at virtually the same time. And at the water slide you have to take out your weapon as well, so that's 3 buttons you'd have to press. Too awkward, even for the most experienced players. It makes sense that it activates automatically, and just watching the gameplay, you get the sense that it does anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6410122)
People stop bitching so much :p.

I guess we'll bitch as long as there's stuff to bitch about. And trust me, I don't bitch about petty stuff like Lara's hair or even bitch that much at all, but this slow motion crap is just so unnecessary. I have to say something; just express my opinion.

Rai 31-08-12 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6410124)
Wai? So we have more to bitch about later on?

Bitching gets somewhere.

It won't change this game. Bitch all you want*, you're wasting your breath. The game is what it is and all you're doing is bitching the 1st hour. All the polishing in the world won't take away parts you don't like, just make 'em shinier :p.

It got rid of the headset and made the motorcycle sequences a bit more bearable and the camera was added (for Lara to blab about the architecture).

Oh and now? No motorcycle - and Lara talking to herself :p

It's swings and roundabouts.

* actually, no, it grinds my gears, quite frankly. :smk:

SpyrosMonster 31-08-12 22:05

I don't know I love slow motion if It's where it should be...
All the those moments that you guys said are completely irrelevant I must agree but I mean imagine if scavengers are chasing you...
And while you are running you come across a cliff and you have to jump to the other side I think that's where the slow motion has to be added you jump then everything goes on slow motion and when you are about to reach the other side slow motion goes away...
I think it's just me but I'd love o see something like that...

larafan25 31-08-12 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6410176)
It won't change this game. Bitch all you want*, you're wasting your breath. The game is what it is and all you're doing is bitching the 1st hour. All the polishing in the world won't take away parts you don't like, just make 'em shinier :p.

It got rid of the headset and made the motorcycle sequences a bit more bearable and the camera was added (for Lara to blab about the architecture).

Oh and now? No motorcycle - and Lara talking to herself :p

It's swings and roundabouts.

* actually, no, it grinds my gears, quite frankly. :smk:

But they're already working non the next game. :pi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6410203)
I don't know I love slow motion if It's where it should be...
All the those moments that you guys said are completely irrelevant I must agree but I mean imagine if scavengers are chasing you...
And while you are running you come across a cliff and you have to jump to the other side I think that's where the slow motion has to be added you jump then everything goes on slow motion and when you are about to reach the other side slow motion goes away...
I think it's just me but I'd love o see something like that...

IMO, that seems kind of pointless to.

I think everything is more exciting in normal speed action.

Mikky 31-08-12 22:16

Slow motion is great and all when it's either optional or happens in a cinematic/trailer, like in the Turning Point trailer, when Lara makes that leap of faith across the ship. That can add excitement and awe to a scene and it makes it stand out; tells us that something important is happening. But to add slow motion just for the sake of making a gameplay segment easier is a huge no-no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6410203)
I don't know I love slow motion if It's where it should be...
All the those moments that you guys said are completely irrelevant I must agree but I mean imagine if scavengers are chasing you...
And while you are running you come across a cliff and you have to jump to the other side I think that's where the slow motion has to be added you jump then everything goes on slow motion and when you are about to reach the other side slow motion goes away...
I think it's just me but I'd love o see something like that...

I would love to see this too, but in a cinematic. Every other jump in the game is done in real time, why make this one any different?

larafan25 31-08-12 22:17

^True it was awesome in Turning Point.

SpyrosMonster 31-08-12 22:18

Yes that's what I'm talking about Mikky. I mean you got away from the scavengers that would be a good moment to add slow mo... I think...

Example That Jump at 0:42 is amazing! (That's too slow but you know what I mean)


Mikky 31-08-12 22:24

Like I said, as long as it's in a cinematic, I'm all for it.

larafan25 31-08-12 22:25

If only the game world was real and dynamic enough to allow for these sensational moments without them being in a cutscene.

Lukass 31-08-12 22:29

I love and hate so much about the game, that I can't decide if I like it or not D:

Mikky 31-08-12 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6410271)
I love and hate so much about the game, that I can't decide if I like it or not D:

You'll decide when you play the game and hopefully, all the good will outweigh the bad. And we might even learn to like some of the bad. :D

larafan25 31-08-12 22:38

I'd love the game a thousand times more if it had a screenshot feature.

skylark1121 31-08-12 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6410293)
I'd love the game a thousand times more if it had a screenshot feature.

Me too. <3 :D

Mikky 31-08-12 22:44

Can't say I would miss that feature if it didn't make it into the game. I don't know if I'd use it that much, anyway. :p

larafan25 31-08-12 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by skylark1121 (Post 6410306)
Me too. <3 :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6410308)
Can't say I would miss that feature if it didn't make it into the game. I don't know if I'd use it that much, anyway. :p

UH

UHHHH


UHHHHHRRRR


URRRAAAA

I'd take hundreds of pictures in each hub, then I'd go back at a different time of day and take more!

Anyways. Time to depress yall...

Remember how Lara's injuries would affect the way she moved?

But it's just story contextual?

Yeah.

Lukass 31-08-12 22:52

Don't worry LF25, You won't be able to make a jump for 5 minutes. She'll magically heal herself within a few mins and you'll be able to make the jump. That's all.

larafan25 31-08-12 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6410320)
Don't worry LF25, You won't be able to make a jump for 5 minutes. She'll magically heal herself within a few mins and you'll be able to make the jump. That's all.

No I can make a jump always, unless the story says no. :(

Mikky 31-08-12 22:55

She runs around perfectly fine after getting her foot trapped in the bear trap. Sure, she limps in the cutscene, but that lasts for, what, 5 minutes? I would never expect for her to have a limp during gameplay anyway. It would just be annoying. :p

Lukass 31-08-12 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6410323)
No I can make a jump always, unless the story says no. :(

I don't trust them that an injury would affect her as they were trying to tell (and still didn't show).

larafan25 31-08-12 22:57

^It affected her after the den. Plus they have said there is another time when Lara will be injured and you'll have to control her and help her or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6410326)
She runs around perfectly fine after getting her foot trapped in the bear trap. Sure, she limps in the cutscene, but that lasts for, what, 5 minutes? I would never expect for her to have a limp during gameplay anyway. It would just be annoying. :p

Yall listen up.

Brian said there there is a time lapse between the cut scene and when we see her running around again.

Remember? The cutscenes ends and then that random girl with the hate starts talking really slow about how she's played it before?

Then net thing you know Lara is killing wolves.


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.