www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

[Xmas] 04-03-13 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6684673)

This is the best render they've ever made for this game. She looks stunning.

I wish they used this one for the cover art.

trfanX34 04-03-13 17:41

So Game is not gonna sell TR today apparently :( Bummer.
Lol the store guys must hate me already, I called them like 700 times today. Who cares anyways, I'm giving them my money, they better deal with my impatience/childishness :ohn:

Spong 04-03-13 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6684816)
So Game is not gonna sell TR today apparently :( Bummer.

Should've gone to Tesco.

James_Croft 04-03-13 17:54

Amazon just dispatched the Limited Edition Guide. Should be here to tomorrow. Can't wait for that Necklace!

MelikeLara 04-03-13 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6684816)
So Game is not gonna sell TR today apparently :( Bummer.
Lol the store guys must hate me already, I called them like 700 times today. Who cares anyways, I'm giving them my money, they better deal with my impatience/childishness :ohn:

So true, I got a polite no when I went in earlier. I can't even play it until this time tomorrow, arrgghh

Mr Tomb 04-03-13 17:57

I can't get over how amazing this game is

Tonyrobinson 04-03-13 18:07

Been playing for an hour or so now the graphics are really stunning and the animations are pretty good. Love collecting things! :)

Kiss-Bite 04-03-13 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6684841)
Should've gone to Tesco.

I already phoned them. It was clear to me that shop assistant only knew that TR was a game and not much else beyond that, bless... Hehe :)

Tonyrobinson 04-03-13 18:16

If you have a CeX store you could try there it is where I got my copy. They buy in new releases and sell them at a pound or two cheaper. :p

Spong 04-03-13 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiss-Bite (Post 6684888)
It was clear to me that shop assistant only knew that TR was a game and not much else beyond that, bless... Hehe :)

Sounds more like you spoke to the Manager :p:vlol:

trfanX34 04-03-13 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6684841)
Should've gone to Tesco.

Square Enix 'investigating'? Didn't pretty much every store in the world except Game break the street date?

Spong 04-03-13 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6684914)
Square Enix 'investigating'? Didn't pretty much every store in the world except Game break the street date?

IKR? It looks like a case of SquEnix getting their priorities out of whack. Most of Australia seemed to be selling the game on Friday last week, but they choose to go after a few supermarkets in the UK selling it one day early.

:vlol:

Jami393 04-03-13 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 6684897)
If you have a CeX store you could try there it is where I got my copy. They buy in new releases and sell them at a pound or two cheaper. :p

I didn't know Cex did brand new items. I've only seen second hand stuff in my Cex.

ian2006 04-03-13 18:51

Well 27% of the game in and its suprisingly easy, i'm playing on normal difficulty by the way. Its more on rails than i expected it to be which im dissapointed with, When i complete the main story i'll check out the hidden tombs and see what they are like.

I'm not saying the game is bad cos it looks and plays nice and the story keeps you hooked, i just wish there was more to explore.

Tonyrobinson 04-03-13 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6684951)
I didn't know Cex did brand new items. I've only seen second hand stuff in my Cex.

They sell it as second hand traditonally but they will occasionally get new items in and remove the wrap to remove the disk and sell as pre-owned usually they are the same retail price though. :)

megabug7 04-03-13 18:58

It's better than I expected :)

So fluid - love the exploration too

It's like one GIGANTIC Open-Air Tomb

:)

Adamaru 04-03-13 18:59

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YGyY8AwBYM


I'm dying here. :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

M1chae1a 04-03-13 19:03

About UK stores. At sainsburys (where I work) I'm pretty sure they will only sell the game tomorrow. I remember when I bought DmC on the day it came out and the guy who served me wen't to double check the release date to make sure he could sell it too me. So I dout they would sell it early.

_Tomb_Raider 04-03-13 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamaru (Post 6684986)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YGyY8AwBYM


I'm dying here. :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

:vlol: :vlol:

Jill Lover 04-03-13 19:04

Does Lara move her lips when she speaks in.game?

_Tomb_Raider 04-03-13 19:06

Good question - I would like to know that too! Was thinking about this long ago.

Adamaru 04-03-13 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6685010)
Good question - I would like to know that too! Was thinking about this long ago.

Yes she does. But barely, it's hard to see at first sight (lol). Seems she just opens her mouth, then closes, and opens/closes/opens/closes and that is pretty much how her talking looks like. Of course not in cutscenes. :p

ItIsOkBro 04-03-13 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamaru (Post 6685016)
Yes she does. But barely, it's hard to see at first sight (lol). Seems she just opens her mouth, then closes, and opens/closes/opens/closes and that is pretty much how her talking looks like. Of course not in cutscenes. :p

Lol! "Okay, you can do this" = :0 :| :0 :| :0 :|

Adamaru 04-03-13 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6685022)
Lol! "Okay, you can do this" = :0 :| :0 :| :0 :|

Hmm... Yes, mostly like this. :p

LARA_geek 04-03-13 19:38

After almost 40 hours of gameplay I finished the game with 99% completion. I'm only missing 2 water mines from the beach level.
Game was very good. Although I would have loved a little more cutscene at the end. Anyway it was fun to play but had to change the difficult from hard to normal in about the middle of the game.
I was a bit dissapointed by the short/small Tombs.
The first half of the game was good, the 2nd half was even better. The end fights where AMAZING. I was screaming in excitement a couple of times. :o
Also loved that her outfit get's ripped more and more as the game progresses.
I'm looking forward to the next instalment. Hopefully big Tombs and a lot of ancient ruins.

So yeah CD and SE good job on the game. Keep up the good work.

Moosey 04-03-13 19:46

Just type in 'T' on Amazon and the first suggestion is Tomb Raider :jmp:
Also the game went down by a pound :)

trfanX34 04-03-13 19:47

^^ Maybe you should warn of spoilers, I didn't read the full post but some people might not like knowing about the beach and the water caves. I don't really mind as it's a very small spoiler, but just in case :)

Dark_Messiah 04-03-13 20:26

@ someone who has already completed the game. The radiotower, where is it? Is it really half of the game like rumored? Because then I'd already have played half the game in half a day... :S

Peep Show 04-03-13 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah (Post 6685159)
@ someone who has already completed the game. The radiotower, where is it? Is it really half of the game like rumored? Because then I'd already have played half the game in half a day... :S

Not at all, the radio tower is still pretty early in the game, actually that's where the game starts to take off. It took me 15 hours to finish the game, that includes exploration though.

Linoshi Croft 04-03-13 20:32

3 and a half hours ;___;

Is after the radio tower where the game starts to open up too?

LNSNHGTDS 04-03-13 20:33

ULTRA MEGA DEATH SPOILER

Damn, Grim dies D: !

ULTRA MEGA DEATH SPOILER

DO NOT QUOTE, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO AT LEAST DELETE THE WHITE TEXT

Spong 04-03-13 20:41

I spoke positively about TR9 today. Can you imagine such a thing? I believe several hundred orphan children were slaughtered purely to reset the balance of Karma. I asked the guy in Blockbuster if they were having a midnight opening for the release of the game. He said no, so I asked him why not when they did for the release of AC3. I told him TR9 was a much bigger event, in terms of game releases, than AC3 was.

I then realised what I'd said and immediately set fire to myself because of the shame :pi:

HAHA LOOOL XD 04-03-13 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6685196)
I spoke positively about TR9 today. Can you imagine such a thing? I believe several hundred orphan children were slaughtered purely to reset the balance of Karma. I asked the guy in Blockbuster if they were having a midnight opening for the release of the game. He said no, so I asked him why not when they did for the release of AC3. I told him TR9 was a much bigger event, in terms of game releases, than AC3 was.

I then realised what I'd said and immediately set fire to myself because of the shame :pi:

YOU LIKE THE GAME :yik: I knew it

TippingWater 04-03-13 20:42

LNSNHGTDS I don't think anyone cares about that tbh.

Spong 04-03-13 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD (Post 6685201)
YOU LIKE THE GAME

I didn't say that. I just acknowledged that fact that TR9's release is a bigger event than AC3's release. Blockbuster disagrees though, either that or they can't afford to do it, what with them being in administration in this country :p

LNSNHGTDS 04-03-13 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6685202)
LNSNHGTDS I don't think anyone cares about that tbh.

I know, everybody likes that douche called Alex :pi: ...

HAHA LOOOL XD 04-03-13 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6685211)
I didn't say that. I just acknowledged that fact that TR9's release is a bigger event than AC3's release. Blockbuster disagrees though, either that or they can't afford to do it, what with them being in administration in this country :p

Whatevs, then its you subconscious that secretly likes the game, you are might not aware of it yet tho :p
EDIT: first step is a first step...

Mikky 04-03-13 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6685202)
LNSNHGTDS I don't think anyone cares about that tbh.

Lol, yeah. He was such a pointless character to begin with. :p

TippingWater 04-03-13 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6685231)
Lol, yeah. He was such a pointless character to begin with. :p

Yeah and without the help of subtitles I couldn't even tell what he was saying :o.

Spong 04-03-13 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD (Post 6685226)
Whatevs, then its you subconscious that secretly likes the game, you are might not aware of it yet tho :p
EDIT: first step is a first step...

My subconscious secretly likes facts, that's why I said it ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.