www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Nemo_91 06-03-13 17:26

Hall of Ancension looks amazing. *.* We need more tombs like this in the future games.

Btw, combat is a lot of fun, really addictive.

daventry 06-03-13 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6688761)
!MAJOR STORY SPOILER! - if you quote this post make sure to delete what is down below

Oh please, its so obvious, you guys are Blind to notice it, he is Clearly a Reference to Alister, i mean can you imagine if he was a Love Interest in TRL/TRU :p

The same with Joslin, her Look and Clothes Scream Zip. :p

Hence he gets it and she stays Alive ;)

Nemo_91 06-03-13 17:32

Oh and just one minor thing: I really love the sound effect when Lara discovers a tomb. Kinda reminds me of Indy. :D

TippingWater 06-03-13 18:24

Pretty cool :).

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b793a8afd...a7no1_1280.png

ItIsOkBro 06-03-13 18:27

Can you not melee from the get go?

Heartache 06-03-13 18:28

no. you have to reach tier 2 in the skillsystem

ItIsOkBro 06-03-13 18:30

Well that's funky with what those cutlass dudes who run up to you.

laracroftswest 06-03-13 18:32

I love the game so far :jmp:
How much do I have left once I've found the lighter?:pi:

Heartache 06-03-13 18:33

about 60 percent is left i would say

laracroftswest 06-03-13 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartache (Post 6688949)
about 60 percent is left i would say

Wow this is longer than I thought. Great :cln:

Mikky 06-03-13 19:10

Anyone want a steam DLC code for the Shanty Town multiplayer map? I pre-oredred the game on Amazon and even though the order ended up being cancelled, they still sent me a code for the DLC. Bunch of noobs, lol. Anyway, I have no use for it, so if anyone wants it, just send me a PM. Remember, it's for the Steam/PC version.

_Ninja_ 06-03-13 19:16

Sure. Send it to me!

Scilli 06-03-13 19:21

I just read this post from silver wolf and realized that mostly all of his suggestions are in the new game. Pretty amazing if u ask me, cause this post is 4 1/2 years old

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=140342

Mikky 06-03-13 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ninja_ (Post 6689021)
Sure. Send it to me!

PM sent. Hope you have fun with it. :D

Soul 06-03-13 19:49

I'm currently at the parachute-scene and have to watch it over and over again :pi:

coolaideonfire 06-03-13 19:54

Getting used to combat now. I'm still not enjoying that aspect of the game but have managed to be very stealth about killing enemies so far which is more fun for me and a lot more manageable for someone who doesn't play many games lol. I'm just about to go up the Radio Tower and so far there have been only 2 occasions where full-on fire has been forced.

Disheartened that a pop-up tells you when you're near a "secret" tomb... not much of a secret then is it? Haha.

TippingWater 06-03-13 20:11

Does anyone else have problems while Lara is sliding down the waterfall/mud-slide? I keep on dying! It's frustrating. Btw I am playing on the PC.

King.Louie 06-03-13 20:15

Omg my CE came!!!!! Djdhdhskajxjevsb /dead

can't wait to play it :D

tr_mitch 06-03-13 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6689015)
Anyone want a steam DLC code for the Shanty Town multiplayer map? I pre-oredred the game on Amazon and even though the order ended up being cancelled, they still sent me a code for the DLC. Bunch of noobs, lol. Anyway, I have no use for it, so if anyone wants it, just send me a PM. Remember, it's for the Steam/PC version.

Lmao they did the same to me, maybe they wanted to keep us happy even though we never actually got the copy from them.

Heartache 06-03-13 20:18

isnt it like that, that those codes dont work? ive read something like that. you still get the code but it isnt working

tr_mitch 06-03-13 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartache (Post 6689132)
isnt it like that, that those codes dont work? ive read something like that. you still get the code but it isnt working

Mine worked fine.

**LARA LOVER** 06-03-13 20:21

About how much of the game would you say I have left.

I'm at the beach searching for the endurance. ;)

Heartache 06-03-13 20:22

like 15 percent maybe

**LARA LOVER** 06-03-13 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartache (Post 6689145)
like 15 percent maybe

Okay cool thanks! I'm actually really surprised with the games length! :D

Mikky 06-03-13 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartache (Post 6689132)
isnt it like that, that those codes dont work? ive read something like that. you still get the code but it isnt working

_Ninja_ told me it worked fine for him after I gave him the code. :p

Jami393 06-03-13 20:32

Just completed the game with 62% done. Now to get the other 38%. Also I have somethings to ask. I was looking at some of the concept art I've unlocked in the game, and I was looking at Endurance Crew section, and on the fourth image there is this girl in between Sam and Alex. Who is she? Also I saw a Toby Gard credited in the game, and I was wondering if it is the same person we all know?

LNSNHGTDS 06-03-13 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6689171)
Just completed the game with 62% done. Now to get the other 38%. Also I have somethings to ask. I was looking at some of the concept art I've unlocked in the game, and I was looking at Endurance Crew section, and on the fourth image there is this girl in between Sam and Alex. Who is she? Also I saw a Toby Gard credited in the game, and I was wondering if it is the same person we all know?

You're propably talking about Steph (if she's blonde and has a stupid look on her face it's her) , she was mean to be the dead woman in the cave in the opening but it was changed for some reason.

Toby is being credited? I wonder what he did, except if they're giving him credit for creating Lara?

*awaits someone to falsely say that Core created Lara*

Jami393 06-03-13 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6689175)
You're propably talking about Steph (if she's blonde and has a stupid look on her face it's her) , she was mean to be the dead woman in the cave in the opening but it was changed for some reason.

So is this Steph at all in the single player mode, because I don't remember seeing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6689175)
Toby is being credited? I wonder what he did, except if they're giving him credit for creating Lara?

He was credited for something on cinematics again.

lovechin 06-03-13 20:46

I am not quite finished with the game, but hell yeah! I'm having a lot of fun. Very atmospheric sometimes a little bit too much for my taste. (I get easily scared..)


Just curious: am I the only one who is not happy about the missing option "invert x axis" in the gameplay menu?? I already wrote the Tomb Raider Team on facebook but haven't got a decent answer about my problem :( I'm used to play with inverted camera view so it's pretty hard for me to enjoy the game to its fullest :( booh!

LNSNHGTDS 06-03-13 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6689185)
So it this Steph at all in the single player mode, because I don't remember seeing.



He was credited for something on cinematics again.

I guess that she was scrapped? They propably had her drown in the sea, lol :p ! Apparently, Steph, Liam and Victor, who were also part of the Endurance crew were propably employed by Roth to work on the ship, nothing more, nothing connected with the exhibition, at least that's what I suspect.

Steph was propably completely scrapped from single player.
Liam was the guy Alex was trying to revive in the openin scene and then
he and Victor were seen again when Lara was taken to Vlad, they were the two guys that distracted Vlad and allowed Lara to escape. Lara later picks up some ammo which was lying next to Victor's corpse.

Victor seemed to know Lara but when she was talking to Roth via headset later she just says "they were killing people" . I found that rather odd because, no matter how little did they knew each other I felt sorry for the fact that his death was completely ignored.


Good to know that he helped again :) . It's funny how he's been there in every "(new) beggining" of the series but later left because he didn't like what was being done with the series but eventually came back, he's like the real-life Natla :p , but he keeps returning for different reasons. Let's see how things go this time.

.:Tirivol:. 06-03-13 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovechin (Post 6689203)
Just curious: am I the only one who is not happy about the missing option "invert x axis" in the gameplay menu?? I already wrote the Tomb Raider Team on facebook but haven't got a decent answer about my problem :( I'm used to play with inverted camera view so it's pretty hard for me to enjoy the game to its fullest :( booh!

me too (I knew I wasn't alone!) I already PM jay and asked him if he could tell anything and he said that he's gonna pass it to the team if he can :D

Cochrane 06-03-13 20:52

Everyone who said "there's not too much combat" was either lying or didn't play the game through the end. Damn it, can't I have one puzzle or exploration area? And no, "circumvent the machine gun" is not a puzzle in my book.

lovechin 06-03-13 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Tirivol:. (Post 6689208)
me too (I knew I wasn't alone!) I already PM jay and asked him if he could tell anything and he said that he's gonna pass it to the team if he can :D

Thank god! I thought I was alone :D

SEN1138 06-03-13 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochrane (Post 6689210)
Everyone who said "there's not too much combat" was either lying or didn't play the game through the end. Damn it, can't I have one puzzle or exploration area? And no, "circumvent the machine gun" is not a puzzle in my book.

Ruins the game doesn't it? Everybody seems to be sucking up to CD without actually pointing out the glaring faults in the game.

Soul 06-03-13 20:57

I just entered Shanty-Town and enjoyed the combat thus far, as it required me to put on my thinking cap and find out how to take them out one by one, without alarming the others. (not talking about the moments, in which enemies instantly see you, but passing them is rather easy thanks to the nice dodge-move)

Jami393 06-03-13 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6689205)
I guess that she was scrapped? They propably had her drown in the sea, lol :p ! Apparently, Steph, Liam and Victor, who were also part of the Endurance crew were propably employed by Roth to work on the ship, nothing more, nothing connected with the exhibition, at least that's what I suspect.

OK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6689205)
Steph was propably completely scrapped from single player.
Liam was the guy Alex was trying to revive in the openin scene and then
he and Victor were seen again when Lara was taken to Vlad, they were the two guys that distracted Vlad and allowed Lara to escape. Lara later picks up some ammo which was lying next to Victor's corpse.

Victor seemed to know Lara but when she was talking to Roth via headset later she just says "they were killing people" . I found that rather odd because, no matter how little did they knew each other I felt sorry for the fact that his death was completely ignored.

Maybe there was a reason why his death was ignored.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6689205)
Good to know that he helped again :) . It's funny how he's been there in every "(new) beggining" of the series but later left because he didn't like what was being done with the series but eventually came back, he's like the real-life Natla :p , but he keeps returning for different reasons. Let's see how things go this time.

Just a thought, could it actually be a different Toby Gard, because it's known for people having the same name. It's like one person credited on the game (and I think he was in one the pics in the credits), is a guy called Steve Austin, and I don't think he is a wrestler.

LNSNHGTDS 06-03-13 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEN1138 (Post 6689214)
Ruins the game doesn't it? Everybody seems to be sucking up to CD without actually pointing out the glaring faults in the game.

Faults? I can understand people being annoyed by the fact that there is too much combat and not that many puzzles but that's not a fault, that's just the way they wanted their game.

I can understand how it can be considered a "fault" , when compared to previous games but TRII and Legend had a lot of combat, that wasn't a fault, it was just something different. Besides, we "forgot everything we knew" so, technically, this is a game of a "new series" so we don't really have anything to compare it with.

I know this kind of logic is deformed but still, it's a new beggining, they could have changed it even more if they liked, they just kept the basic elements but enhanced combat and degraded puzzles, they're still there, but also barely there, lol :p .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6689223)







Just a thought, could it actually be a different Toby Gard, because it's known for people having the same name. It's like one person credited on the game (and I think he was in one the pics in the credits), is a guy called Steve Austin, and I don't think he is a wrestler.

Well yeah, Lara had her own problems at the time and was still in shock because of what she did but still, I believe it wasn't fair. I know this game is all about Lara (and that's how it should be) but I can't help but feel sorry for those three :o ...

Well it's a possibility, but it would be too weird if two people with the same name worked for the same series for the same reason :p ! And it's propably him because it seems like something he would do :p !

__________

I accidentally read a spoiler (I was kinda asking for it but still... ) -_- ...

Oh well, I still like Whitman :whi: :p ...

coolaideonfire 06-03-13 21:11

I've found myself with no ammo (haha!) and a bunch of scavengers are waiting for me. Looks like it will need to melee attacks or a quick sweep of the area to find ammo while they come at me. Oh joy! :ton:

Cochrane 06-03-13 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6689224)
Faults? I can understand people being annoyed by the fact that there is too much combat and not that many puzzles but that's not a fault, that's just the way they wanted their game.

I can understand how it can be considered a "fault" , when compared to previous games but TRII and Legend had a lot of combat, that wasn't a fault, it was just something different. Besides, we "forgot everything we knew" so, technically, this is a game of a "new series" so we don't really have anything to compare it with.

I know this kind of logic is deformed but still, it's a new beggining, they could have changed it even more if they liked, they just kept the basic elements but enhanced combat and degraded puzzles, they're still there, but also barely there, lol :p

I have a very egoistic view: If I don't like it, it's a fault. :D And did you honestly forget everything you knew, or more to the point, did you really think they wanted us to? I they did, I would have expected a different name for the game and a different heroine. You know, an actual new series instead of just "kind of" like a new series.

The combat in TR2 is nowhere near as bad as here (in this section; Soul: I mean something that happens after Shantytown). In particular, it's better paced. I actually like the combat, but it's getting too much at once. As for Legendů I don't consider that part of the benchmark for good TR games. But it's not about comparisons. I'd dislike this much fighting in any game. I guess dedicated shooters are even worse, but then, I don't play them, and this game didn't try to sell itself as a dedicated shooter.

SEN1138 06-03-13 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolaideonfire (Post 6689237)
I've found myself with no ammo (haha!) and a bunch of scavengers are waiting for me. Looks like it will need to melee attacks or a quick sweep of the area to find ammo while they come at me. Oh joy! :ton:

Have you searched the corpses? I constantly forgot to do this through-out the game :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.