www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Spong 09-03-13 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6695351)

That's the TressFX in action. It only does hair (and eyes and teeth), nothing else :tmb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6695354)
Beach hub is bigger than TRU, Karl speaks the truth.

Surely the Mountain Village hub is bigger? Although they're both huge :D

TheShadowOfMe 09-03-13 21:19

I think I will never play the new TR... :(
My sister won't buy it for me... :(

Sorry for my english...

Supernova 09-03-13 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6695222)
I just realised that there aren't any main story artifacts in this game :|

I guess the island sort of counts. Finding a lost civilization beats uncovering an actual artifact at any rate.

Lukass 09-03-13 21:37

Just finished the game.

It was incredible journey. Thank you, CD ;)

TheShadowOfMe 09-03-13 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6695391)
Just finished the game.

It was incredible journey. Thank you, CD ;)

Lucky you... :(

Rai 09-03-13 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6695351)

:vlol: :vlol: that's hilarious! She looks a little like:

http://www.gollydollies.co.uk/images...l-close-up.jpg

A golliwog doll.

voltz 09-03-13 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpio1991 (Post 6695165)
Not sure if you mean that in a good or bad way? :pi:

She has a bias against CD, so I think from that point it's easy to figure out.

ItIsOkBro 09-03-13 22:16

Oh god #icant ;_;

Found Reye's 'Dear Roth' journal after beating the game :(

robm_2007 09-03-13 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe (Post 6695364)
I think I will never play the new TR... :(
My sister won't buy it for me... :(

You could always rent it.

TheShadowOfMe 09-03-13 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 6695462)
You could always rent it.

But I wanna buy it, and be happy once again... :s

Peep Show 09-03-13 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe (Post 6695479)
But I wanna buy it, and be happy once again... :s

But you knew that the game was coming on March 5th, you could've saved some money, don't expect other people to buy it all for you.

TheShadowOfMe 09-03-13 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6695481)
But you knew that the game was coming on March 5th, you could've saved some money, don't expect other people to buy it all for you.

You know, my sister promised me that she'll buy it for my bday on 20th of January (2 months ago), and still didn't... So, my hope is gone... And before you judge me, ask me to tell you the reason...

Killercowz 09-03-13 22:57

*cough**cough*

How far into the game am I? The plane sequence just happened.

Linoshi Croft 09-03-13 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercowz (Post 6695517)
*cough**cough*

How far into the game am I? The plane sequence just happened.

Not very.

Killercowz 09-03-13 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 6695518)
Not very.

Oh my god yes. I'm so afraid of finishing this game early or something. There's so much exploration in this game, it's crazy.

So would you say I'm at the beginning?

Nemo_91 09-03-13 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercowz (Post 6695519)
Oh my god yes. I'm so afraid of finishing this game early or something. There's so much exploration in this game, it's crazy.

So would you say I'm at the beginning?

Yeah. :)

Chocola teapot 09-03-13 23:06

There are plenty of luscious delights left for you to encounter.

Killercowz 09-03-13 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemo_91 (Post 6695520)
Yeah. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocola teapot (Post 6695525)
There are plenty of luscious delights left for you to encounter.

:jmp:
Yay!
Spoiler:
The part at the mountain base where you blow out those windows and you get ambushed was amazing.
It's so much fun!

FearEffect 09-03-13 23:11

Hi guys :)

I made this with Xna Lara today :

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/150/...or-d5xi650.png

Enjoy :)

SEN1138 09-03-13 23:27

So, has anybody played this on PC and Xbox? I've played it through twice on PC and I am now playing it on Xbox and I can't believe how much more fun it is. Usually I prefer the PC but this has certainly convinced me that some games must be played on a console (especially ones with heavier combat).

Only TR lover 10-03-13 00:06

What's going on with Lara's arms when she's walking while in the water? :o

Atlantisfreak666 10-03-13 00:14

Mathias sounds like Roman Castevet from Rosemary's Baby

SEN1138 10-03-13 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantisfreak666 (Post 6695647)
Mathias sounds like Roman Castevet from Rosemary's Baby

No! Don't torture me with that idea :P - he actually does.

Love2Raid 10-03-13 00:18

Hey guys, I've been having loads of fun with the new game. Just wanted to ask, I'm at the Shanty Town now (windmill, just ran into Grim), how far in the game am I? :o

Oh, and is there like a 'point of no return'? I would like to read most of the documents before the ending, if I can. :)

SEN1138 10-03-13 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Raid (Post 6695659)
Hey guys, I've been having loads of fun with the new game. Just wanted to ask, I'm at the Shanty Town now (windmill, just ran into Grim), how far in the game am I? :o

Oh, and is there like a 'point of no return'? I would like to read most of the documents before the ending, if I can. :)

I'd say you are about 45% of the way through. The point of no return is near the end of the game and you are warned when you approach it.

Love2Raid 10-03-13 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEN1138 (Post 6695667)
I'd say you are about 45% of the way through. The point of no return is near the end of the game and you are warned when you approach it.

Wow, really? I've been playing all day. O_o :p

Thanks! :hug:

Great game btw, I'll write up a little review once I'm done with it. :tmb:

TRLegendLuver 10-03-13 00:29

Hey guys, this is really important. Does anyone have a good HD image of the island map without all the icons or even possibly the map that Lara finds at one point? I really need it!

NCFirebolt21 10-03-13 00:41

^Sorry Sarah, wish I could help you there. I'm trying to find logo-free renders myself!

Anyway, guys, I'm looking for large renders (like 720p, 1080p or higher) of these 2 pics without any watermarks. Anyone out there who can help?

Pic 1: http://cdn.cnet.com.au/story_media/3...a-reborn_1.jpg

Pic 2: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...51-677-960.jpg

TRItheMaster 10-03-13 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCFirebolt21 (Post 6695708)
^Sorry Sarah, wish I could help you there. I'm trying to find logo-free renders myself!

Anyway, guys, I'm looking for large renders (like 720p, 1080p or higher) of these 2 pics without any watermarks. Anyone out there who can help?

Pic 1: http://cdn.cnet.com.au/story_media/3...a-reborn_1.jpg

Pic 2: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...51-677-960.jpg

FearEffect did the first one I believe, ask him for it! :D

TRLegendLuver 10-03-13 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRLegendLuver (Post 6695676)
Hey guys, this is really important. Does anyone have a good HD image of the island map without all the icons or even possibly the map that Lara finds at one point? I really need it!

Anyone? It's imperative I get one.

M1chae1a 10-03-13 01:27

Just finished the game (finally lol but 100%!) and wow it was amazing. I have always been a big time TR fan since around the very first (1996) came out and I really feel that this is a great TR game and is right up there with my favs :D
The amount of combat didn't bother me at all and I found it really fun. I LOVE the bow and the pistol. I loved going around trying to find everything and doing the challenges, though some where hard to find >.< but it felt great once I got everything and completed them :jmp: The side tombs where great but at the same time not so great. I loved finding them and the puzzles but they needed more too them and some of them where way to easy but still fun. The lack of swimming didn't bother me one bit. I always liked swimming in TR games but I really didn't miss it at all. I also love the other characters. I also loved the refrences to past games! The TR2 easter egg was so funny!
I'm so glad this game turned out amazing! Lara is back! and hopefully for good! :D

WolfBoy1985 10-03-13 01:28

I don't think an icon free map is available.

TRLegendLuver 10-03-13 01:31

^ There's not one scanned from the guide book that a lot of people bought?

WolfBoy1985 10-03-13 01:36

Not yet it seems. The book is big and imagine kinda tricky to scan well, guess people aren't bothered or something.

italibabee 10-03-13 01:41

I just started a new game on Hard mode.
I love the story.
<3

ItIsOkBro 10-03-13 02:55

Can't fast travel to the Cliffside Bunker? Strange...but I ain't mad, traversing through the beach hub to get there is amazing :D

Alister's_Brain 10-03-13 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6695830)
Can't fast travel to the Cliffside Bunker? Strange...but I ain't mad, traversing through the beach hub to get there is amazing :D

I love that part of the game <3

It felt such like the bunkers over in SF by the bay bridge. I read that Brian Horton used them as reference for the WW2 bunkers. Also the interior is reminiscent of Alcatraz. I must visit that place sometime soon again.

Scorpio1991 10-03-13 03:36

Just curious, I've finished the Endurance part how many more hours of gameplay do I have left?

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltz (Post 6695419)
She has a bias against CD, so I think from that point it's easy to figure out.

Aw, well this one is Crystal Dynamics finest if she hasn't played it yet she should give it a shot, because its very good.
If she has played it she should give it a second chance. Everyone needs to embrace the New Tomb Raider :yah:

SEN1138 10-03-13 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpio1991 (Post 6695865)
Just curious, I've finished the Endurance part how many more hours of gameplay do I have left?

About 15% left - you're nearly at the end. :)

robm_2007 10-03-13 03:55

Who was in the stone coffin? There was a skeleton with a gold crown in it. I thought Lara said it was Himiko, but that's not the case, as her body was at the end of the game. Was it actually the priestess who killed herself (as learned in the random journals?)

Just some random thing I was wondering.


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.