www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Ellioft 17-03-21 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8286024)
Didnt they already release 4K UHD remasters of the movies ? Or am I mistaken...

They did it with an horrible minimalistic steelbook :D
But the bluray master was an old one and not a good one ^^

xdesperado_ 17-03-21 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8285954)
I'm surprised nobody have talked about this but we will have a newly remaster edition of the first LC : TR movie in June with also a bundle of the first and second movie wich isn't released separalty.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/remast...coming-june-1/

We will also have a new cover for the occasion showcasing a new pose of Lara taken from an advertisement for the soundtrack.

Something will come from me because the next video will be about the LC TR movies ^^

Oh wow I really like that cover that they're using.

Just as I recently purchased the 4K UHD boxset from Zavvi UK. The first movie looks even more amazing with the 4K HDR remaster.

https://i.imgur.com/dMhKJxEl.jpg

JocLo 17-03-21 16:09

I read that Sonic Hedgehog 2 start production this week, I hope we could have this kind of news about the tomb raider movie soon now that it actually has a new director

Portugalraider 17-03-21 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by JocLo (Post 8286156)
I read that Sonic Hedgehog 2 start production this week, I hope we could have this kind of news about the tomb raider movie soon now that it actually has a new director

That would have been great and would perhaps be possible if the original creative team was still on board, or perhaps if they kept Amy Jump's script and Misha Green was only replacing Ben Wheatley as the director. But Green is also writing a new script from the ground up, so I think it will still be quite a while for the movie to start production.

That, and Alicia recovering from her leaked pregnancy. Right now, if they start shooting this year, I can only imagine production starting around September, the earliest.

PinkyPromise 17-03-21 21:19

Exactly. Green is currently writing the script ... I wouldn't expect any news until the end of the year.

A pity that everything developed by Amy Jump / Ben Wheatley was lost ... hopefully they will filter the script / storyboard one day

Ellioft 17-03-21 23:19

I wonder how was this script to be rejected :o

GeekOfComedy 17-03-21 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8286278)

Because it garnered no excitement. This package was rejected for distribution by Warners International. They only came back in with Misha Green's treatment.

Also, regime change. Everyone knows a film in development during a regime change is a target.

Portugalraider 17-03-21 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8286278)

The real question is "how long until you get your hands into it" :p

In all seriousness, I can see it being a combination of any of these factors:
  • The rewrites with a more mature Lara that Alicia teased weren't really working within the original script, so it was easier to scrap it and start fresh;
  • Amy wanting her script to be shot only by Ben;
  • Misha Green prefering to shoot her own script, especially as her directing debut;
  • The producers finding Misha's own ideas more interesting than the original script.

Considering before Covid the movie was going to start production in April 2020, I don't think the quality of it was really the issue in this case. Might as well been just, with Ben's departure and Misha's hiring, new ideas coming up that the producers prefered to the original one.

JocLo 18-03-21 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8286179)
That would have been great and would perhaps be possible if the original creative team was still on board, or perhaps if they kept Amy Jump's script and Misha Green was only replacing Ben Wheatley as the director. But Green is also writing a new script from the ground up, so I think it will still be quite a while for the movie to start production.

That, and Alicia recovering from her leaked pregnancy. Right now, if they start shooting this year, I can only imagine production starting around September, the earliest.

Yeah, what I mean is sonic hedgehog 2 was announced just a couple of months ago, and now they started production while tomb raider 2 had been announced before and even tho with all the changes they had with this project the movie hasn’t even started production officially.

SoraSakai 18-03-21 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by JocLo (Post 8286319)
Yeah, what I mean is sonic hedgehog 2 was announced just a couple of months ago, and now they started production while tomb raider 2 had been announced before and even tho with all the changes they had with this project the movie hasn’t even started production officially.

Because Tomb Raider has reset its production with an entirely different crew and creative mind directing it.