www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Soma Holiday 11-02-18 19:55

Imo lara would train for her interests, ie climbing and gymnastics, she wouldnt train to get a great booty cause guess what, she doesnt care about looking sexy for men. Yes she used to be a sex symbol but that was because men made her, not because her character wanted to be sexy.

Her character has never cared about her looks. Imo Alicias body is incredible. One day strength will be more important to women than looking sexy. Its sad we have so far to go before this happens because of such judgemental people.

Alicia got Fassbender, one of the best looking men on the planet. So guess some folks are into "fit boys."

shockwave_pulsar00 11-02-18 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by laracroftonline (Post 7821003)
people on here think sex appeal is only about the big curves but i don't see it that way i see sex appeal as having the right curves and due to too much muscle training she lost them.

i choose hoodie over a dress as well but a hoodie if the right design can look amazingly sexy.
put some yoga pants underneath a hoodie with a sports bra, if done right it can be feminine like the old games but the game designers clearly didn't care about it.

they took the criticism towards lara her looks a bit too far now she became too manly.

But Lara does wear yoga pants in the film on her bike scenes. She also wears somewhat short gym shorts and a sports bra in her kick boxing gear. Hell Alicia did it all through her work out video. So I'm not sure what you mean by this, because you talk about how people think sex appeal is only about curves....by bring up curves?

Personally, I don't find hoodies sexy on their own, even if they are tight fitting. It depends on the person in them, which then makes it sexy.

AntRaidsTombs 11-02-18 20:03

Anyway, we are so close to the movie! Iím soooo excited

Dart Vader 11-02-18 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001LC20 (Post 7821005)
You people really are stupid just ignoring anything and complaining about her body for being Lara
She wasnt supposed to feed your thirstiness or look good for you
No matter how much you want to see her at your taste this movie is about a girl discovering herself not the one who tries to be attractive and bring audiences like Angelina did
And againg its all because of your taste for girls she looks sexy. But not to you
And be a trainer if you want that hard

No, the point is that we don't understand why they choose Oscar winner instead of some kind of good suitable girl.

How do you think, would they cast her if she were not Fassbender's wife and oscar winner? I'll say you. No.

2001LC20 11-02-18 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 7821017)
Anyway, we are so close to the movie! Iím soooo excited

Its just a huge simple fact but f*** it i am sooo excited too

.:Tirivol:. 11-02-18 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dart Vader (Post 7821019)
No, the point is that we don't understand why they choose Oscar winner instead of some kind of good suitable girl.

How do you think, would they cast her if she were not Fassbender's wife and oscar winner? I'll say you. No.

OMG it's one of those people.

Tancha? is that you?

2001LC20 11-02-18 20:13

Quote:

Its not actually about the choosement but anyway
About the movie you dont watch the movie or maybe you will like her more while watching the choice is yours
And just saying she married fasspender after shooting the film
I hope you didnt offend by anyting tho

Portugalraider 11-02-18 20:19

Quote:

And I'll say you. Perhaps yes. Because even without an Oscar she is one of the best actresses of this generation. She looks like similar enough to Lara, even if you don't think she does. And she has been terrific in that role from all the footage we've seen so far.

You don't like her on the role, that fine. I respect that even if I don't agree. But don't go on and saying stuff as absolute truths when they are not. Like the only reason they chose Alicia was for her Oscar alone. Especially when she had also played similar roles to Lara before, even if she wasn't the lead. Her role as Gaby in U.N.C.L.E being an example. And what the hell has her being married to Fassbender have to do with anything?

Alicia Vikander is Lara Croft. That's the truth. Want answers as why is she and no one else? Well, maybe because people who understand more than you and I about casting people in roles thought she was the best for the role and she accepted. Don't like that? Well, tough s***.

GeekOfComedy 11-02-18 20:23

Quote:

You never told me why the new guy isn't your Han Solo. Out of curiosity list every reason. I'm assuming their all visual reasons and nothing to do with accent, acting capability etc right? :)

James_Rutland 11-02-18 20:32

It's always the same people using the same photo (when I say people, I mean Tancha and Tancha account no.2) of Alicia on the beach with the six pack. Alicia's body doesn't really look like that in the movie, therefore I don't care. I'm satisfied with how her body looks in the Lara costume.

https://i.imgur.com/jn9Rumo.jpg