www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Tonyrobinson 14-02-18 20:08

If the movie opens with return to Croft Manor then it probably opens on the scene with Lara and her Father in the garden from the trailer.

PinkyPromise 14-02-18 20:13

Yes maybe something similar to Batman Begins with young Bruce and later the titles and Lara in the present

Portugalraider 14-02-18 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7822104)
If the movie opens with return to Croft Manor then it probably opens on the scene with Lara and her Father in the garden from the trailer.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Song titles sometimes are just that. I mean, Harry Potter's main theme is "Hedwig's Theme" and we hear it long before Hedwig first appears in the movie.

I think "Return to Croft Manor" will be more of a theme composed with parts that suit the movie's beginning as a whole. Like, the theme could be composed as following (while not knowing the proper music terms for every part):
  • Intro: Flashbacks to young Lara
  • Main part: Credit Sequence/Title reveal/Whatever they use to reveal the name of the movie
  • Sub theme: About Lara's struggles, perhaps used in the moments Lara is feeling lost and/or struggling in life
  • Main theme reprise and ending: Lara finally returns to Croft Manor.

But just because the theme is composed like this doesn't mean that this is the order those parts will appear on the movie. Just that this is how the composed chose to write a theme around those scenes/ideas.

But again, I can be talking crap here, so take it as you like :p

2001LC20 14-02-18 20:48

Dont know its smt important or not but it makes me believe in the movie, the script

Walton Goggins(he said this before the shooting)

ďIím just so excited about it! Iím such a big fan of Alicia and this director, Roar [Uthaug]. Quite honestly, the script feels like itís already been in the world, in some ways. The structure and the foundation of this story is so solid and so interesting. Itís so unbelievably entertaining, and yet itís real in the journey that it takes you on. And this person that I get to play is confused and angry and desperate. Iím just looking forward to getting in his head. Iím really, really, really excited about it.Ē

James_Rutland 14-02-18 20:48

I wonder what the music in London will be like. I hope it's a complete different approach to the music on the Island, to show the contrast in environment.

Mickybyrne20 14-02-18 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7822122)
I wonder what the music in London will be like. I hope it's a complete different approach to the music on the Island, to show the contrast in environment.

Hopefully something similar to this

James_Rutland 14-02-18 21:46

^ Oh dear god :vlol:

If this movie does well, I'd love to see them do a sequel with a setting like Rise looking like The Revenant, with Alicia dressed in the green jacket and scarf, with snowy mountains, warm geothermal glaciers.

Alicia would absolutely sell being chased and attacked by a violent bear with her acting skills and it would be so brutal, scary, and hard to watch.

I could really imagine Alicia in a scene like this.

AimlessThunder 14-02-18 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7822094)
I want to hear snippets now :eek:

I want to hear the Croft Manor theme, Let Yamatai have her :cln:, becoming the Tomb Raider...

I want to hear "Let Tancha have her" :vlol:.

2001LC20 14-02-18 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7822138)
^ Oh dear god :vlol:

If this movie does well, I'd love to see them do a sequel with a setting like Rise looking like The Revenant, with Alicia dressed in the green jacket and scarf, with snowy mountains, warm geothermal glaciers.

Alicia would absolutely sell being chased and attacked by a violent bear with her acting skills and it would be so brutal, scary, and hard to watch.

I could really imagine Alicia in a scene like this.

Stop reading my mind:mad::)

James_Rutland 14-02-18 22:09

:D

It'd be so incredible, they could do this movie a bit tamer to test the waters so to speak, and if it does well, have the sequel be a bit more brutal and dark.