www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reloaded announced (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225361)

Mikky 08-02-21 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8277628)
I managed to install the new version but I lost all my progression. RIP

Gurl, I wouldn't touch the game ever again if I lost my progress. Spending 5 days grinding just to pass one chapter... This game needs to be fixed.

Anyone know what that red journal is in the main menu? Something you unlock, or it's just not available on this early access?

Chamayoo 08-02-21 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 8277850)
Gurl, I wouldn't touch the game ever again if I lost my progress. Spending 5 days grinding just to pass one chapter... This game needs to be fixed.

Anyone know what that red journal is in the main menu? Something you unlock, or it's just not available on this early access?

Yeah it's pretty discouraging ! I think the red journal is the option settings, but not sure why we couldn't have any access to this.

UroshUchiha 09-02-21 08:55

Oof if I lost my progress I would not start from scratch honestly. Yeah the red journal is not available at the moment whatever it is. Not sure if it's the options cause you already have that cog icon where you can play around with audio settings but that's about it for now.

Ellioft 09-02-21 18:24

I play the game since the 4th February and I'm already at the Vilcabamba section without any cheating :D

MissJodieG 11-02-21 11:34

In which regions is the game available currently? Does anyone happen to know?

Mikky 11-02-21 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 8278691)
In which regions is the game available currently? Does anyone happen to know?

Thailand and Philippines are the only countries I know of.

MissJodieG 11-02-21 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 8278721)
Thailand and Philippines are the only countries I know of.

Thank you.

I'd love to try it out but I'm too stupid to figure out how to do it. :o

Mikky 12-02-21 17:11

So after what feels like years of grinding, I finally beat the last boss. And... Nothing. Not even a little trinket, some gold, no "congratulations", no "thank you for playing", no "more chapters coming soon", not even the usual EXP bonus you get for completing a chapter. It just pops you back to the title screen as if nothing happened. Now I wasn't expecting anything mind-blowing, but at least an acknowledgement of some kind would have been nice. So now I'm just like:

But whatever, I'm over it. Overall, the game was nice at times. I do not recommend anyone to play the game as it is now, not even out of curiosity, because the chances are you'll get stuck in a loop of addiction. Definitely wait until the full release and/or they balance everything out. And I pray that they do, otherwise I can guarantee this game will flop so hard.

TombRaider_Ed 12-02-21 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 8278991)
So after what feels like years of grinding, I finally beat the last boss. And... Nothing. Not even a little trinket, some gold, no "congratulations", no "thank you for playing", no "more chapters coming soon", not even the usual EXP bonus you get for completing a chapter. It just pops you back to the title screen as if nothing happened. Now I wasn't expecting anything mind-blowing, but at least an acknowledgement of some kind would have been nice. So now I'm just like:

But whatever, I'm over it. Overall, the game was nice at times. I do not recommend anyone to play the game as it is now, not even out of curiosity, because the chances are you'll get stuck in a loop of addiction. Definitely wait until the full release and/or they balance everything out. And I pray that they do, otherwise I can guarantee this game will flop so hard.

Don't worry; you're playing the unbalanced technical soft launch version - it's not about the story, the monetization, the new features etc., it's literally just to test technical infrastructure, frame-rate balancing, security etc.

This is why we soft launch and don't want fans to play it until global, so many features and much more Tomb Raider-i-ness in what's to come.

Hoping you give it another try when they full version is ready!

SoraSakai 12-02-21 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombRaider_Ed (Post 8279027)
Don't worry; you're playing the unbalanced technical soft launch version - it's not about the story, the monetization, the new features etc., it's literally just to test technical infrastructure, frame-rate balancing, security etc.

This is why we soft launch and don't want fans to play it until global, so many features and much more Tomb Raider-i-ness in what's to come.

I don’t personally believe a single thing you’re saying. It’s very blatant what type of game this is.

Brutallman 12-02-21 22:56

Hello guys, can someone send a link for a new game version please?🙏🏻

tomblover 13-02-21 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8279061)
I don’t personally believe a single thing you’re saying. It’s very blatant what type of game this is.

Yes, there are microtransactions, and no, you don't like that. We get it, sis. Move on, before you cut yourself on your own edges. :p

As the game stands currently, it is very much a money pit - or would be, if you're the type to drop money on loot crates and whatever else.

(I have an addictive personality, but my vice of choice is nicotine, so it's more obnoxious than insidious to me :vlol:)

Regardless of things getting more "Tomb Raider-y" and the game becoming more feature-rich (which I'm looking forward to), I certainly hope there's some significant rebalancing being done as well.

I realize that these kinds of games aren't being made for free, and they need to turn a profit, but all I'm saying is that - there's a point at which, the game basically asking you for money, becomes unattractive.

It's all well and good that you're adding to the game, but the question is if these additions are going to make it needlessly complex/obtusely difficult, or actually help the player in overcoming odds that I do agree should be predisposed against you.

Just not so overtly, since money is being asked for - to experience something that's offered to the player seemingly for free. :specialsnowflake:

I don't think the ticket system is particularly prohibitive, or even that the upgrade system is underpowered - Lara seems consistently powerful, the problem is having 8927345 bullet sponge enemies on-screen at the same time, where trying to take down even just one of them is a tremendous effort, between their overpowered attacks (which are inconsistent even between enemies of the same type, I feel like) and meandering movement patterns (coupled with the fact that Lara doesn't lead her shots). Your equipment mitigates some of these factors, but that isn't very helpful when equipment is incredibly hard to come by in the first place...

SoraSakai 13-02-21 13:54

It’s not your place to tell me when I can and can’t participate in a conversation.

PedroTheGamer 13-02-21 14:27

Guys please stop arguing and let's have a peaceful thread out of courtesy? :o

@tomblover, it doesn't have to be crass. everyone has the right to comment here. ;)

tomblover 13-02-21 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedroTheGamer (Post 8279184)
@tomblover, it doesn't have to be crass. everyone has the right to comment here. ;)

I'm not being crass, I just don't think it's much of a conversation when all you're really doing is yelling the same thing, over and over again, into a void. :p

(especially doing it in an effort to try and "poke the bear" - but who cares what I think is tasteless :specialsnowflake:)

Mikky 13-02-21 17:13

Quote:

That's very good to hear! Looking forward to it
Quote:

Oh I definitely will, don't worry 😁

---

For anyone wondering how to play the game, I really recommend following yogalame's post. It is really straightforward and simple, so for anyone worrying it's "too technical", it really isn't - if I can do it, anyone can. This method can also be used to update the game. I'm saying this because there was an update just yesterday and it worked like a charm. Again, I don't recommend anyone play the game in this state but if you reeeally want to, just follow those instructions.

UroshUchiha 13-02-21 20:41

^I used the Panda VPN thingy that I wrote and was quoted in that post again to get the update. Works like a charm on my device. Just have to make sure to clear the data from Google Play Store after you turn on the VPN so it can refresh itself and see that you are in Thailand/Philippines at the moment.

MissJodieG 13-02-21 20:53

Quote:

While I'm tempted to try the game in this early stage, simply because I'm curious as to how I'd like it, I think I'd rather wait for the official release. Do we know an official date at this point? Or time frame at least?

andre_costa 17-02-21 20:11

Did anyone manage to play this game on iOS?

Los Angeles 17-02-21 20:20

People actually play this garbage?

griffabee 17-02-21 20:41

This is personally not my cup of tea at all, but I hope that others enjoy it, and its reception is not a detriment to future full game releases.

andre_costa 17-02-21 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los Angeles (Post 8280163)
People actually play this garbage?

I've only play it once on my boyfriend's phone and I found pretty entertaining, actually. Not the best mobile phone ever, sure, but I think of it as a beautiful nod to the first game. If I am not mistaken, the game so far as levels of the first game, but I wouldn't mind if it had levels of the other classic games

Mikky 24-02-21 16:00

There was a big-ish update yesterday. Woo... *small fanfare* Just a few things I noticed while playing through the game again:
  • The theme on the main menu has been extended and somehow made more awesome, which I didn't think was possible. It starts off the same but then turns into a Game of Thrones/reboot, epic orchestra extravaganza (but in a good way)
  • There's also new music and sound effects in all the levels
  • Interestingly, according to the update notes, chapters 3-5 have been rebalanced, although I can't comment on this myself because I'm waaay OP at this point so it feels the same to me. But I imagine it's good for newcomers.
  • Target rewards are now available. You actually get rewarded for reaching stage and chapter milestones. While the idea is great, the rewards themselves are disappointing. But that's just me.
    (Side note: the reward menu has some neat concept art for the chapters)
  • General stability and graphics improvements. I've noticed the frame rate has improved significantly, at least on my device. There's new effects for enemy attacks and other stuff. Lara has new poses on the upgrade menu (random, but appreciated)
  • There's a new boss. That eagle boss with the tornado attacks has been replaced by a large version of those charging raptors. He's much easier to defeat, with a very basic attack pattern (I'd suggest the devs rebalance him; I feel he's a bit too easy for that stage in the game)

There's a few other small things I've noticed but those are the major ones. Anyway, probably no-one cares at this point but I figured I'd share because this definitely feels like the most significant update so far; you can really see the differences as soon as you load up the game.

It's kinda weird to think how different still the game will look like in full release.

UroshUchiha 24-02-21 18:27

They also fixed the issue where you could not continue the game at the stage you closed the game at. So now you can freely close the app halfway into the level and continue from there next time you return.

Mikky 24-02-21 18:46

Yes, true. Very useful. No recharged health exploit this time, though :p

Chamayoo 25-02-21 08:47

I really like the new update, it's more stable and more complete. Chapter 3-5 have been rebalanced ? I still found the peak of difficulty insane at the very start of Lost Valley. Stage 3 and 4 still are the hardest moments of the game, the rest after them ultimately feels easy.

dg1995 25-02-21 11:58

When do they make Tomb Raider Revolutions ?:ton:

Laralicious 01-03-21 23:40

I haven't had the chance to play it yet but from the gameplay footage I have seen, I really like the iconography for this game. I do wish that the focus would be put on puzzles rather than all the shooting because I feel that this works better for mobile games, but it is what it is and it hasn't put me off from at least trying it in the future.

charmedangelin 08-03-21 02:25

This game cancelled or what? Didn't they say this is coming early 2021?

Perhaps Sqeenix got the memo. :pi:

Chamayoo 08-03-21 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8284028)
This game cancelled or what? Didn't they say this is coming early 2021?

Perhaps Sqeenix got the memo. :pi:

Still have updates so I don't think so. :D

MBog 09-03-21 15:23

they didnt say *early*, just 2021

Chamayoo 13-03-21 00:34

Ok y'all have read the in-game mail ? All account and progressions will be reset in the next update... :yik:
They said next time it will be easier to progress as a compensation. Well, let's see if I have the faith again. :specialsnowflake:

Mikky 13-03-21 00:39

I just read the in-game announcement that players' progress will be reset with the next update due to technical issues and "unforseen circumstances". This is absolutely unacceptable and I am so disgusted. The amount of hours I put into this game in this last month building gear and leveling up... Grinding that any normal player shouldn't ever have to put up with. No. I won't be touching this game again for a very long time, even on full release. Goodbye and kindly **** off

UroshUchiha 13-03-21 02:26

Yeah I saw this announcement on their official Discord server.
Already stated my disappointment there cause I've been grinding in this game for a long time now, not missing a single login chest only to have all my items, gold, gems and upgrades deleted?

It also makes no sense to me, like our progress is still there, it did not magically get deleted and lost. It's still there so if they really wanted to keep them, they'd find a way.

Too much time I've spent on it and no amount of "boosts" offered are gonna make me come back. I want my stuff intact or I'm out.

Alas, I wish them the best of luck with the game, but I am not going to go back into it after the account progress wipe happens.

jackali 13-03-21 07:38

To be fair, we aren't supposed to have been playing at all... :whi:

But I can completely understand the frustration.

Joey79100 13-03-21 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 8285269)
To be fair, we aren't supposed to have been playing at all... :whi:

This. It's not a fully released game, it's early access, so things are expected to be unfinished and subject to change, and you accept this may happen when you try a product in early access. So no, nothing unnaceptable. :p

Chamayoo 13-03-21 08:23

Yeah, I was frustrated and disappointed by this news but I wasn't angry about them as I know we're not supposed to play this and also it's early access.

Mikky 13-03-21 09:14

It was never made clear so I always knew there was a possibility I wouldn't be able to carry over my progress to the full release but I hoped, and as they stated in the message, this wipeout was never planned which implies progress was always meant to be carried over. I do understand it's early access and technical difficulties happen, but come on, why did it have to be this? I don't blame the developers but it is beyond frustrating. I don't really care that "we're not supposed to be playing this game" either - as if that somehow justifies it. I downloaded this free-to-play game just like other person in Thailand or Philippines and I have a player ID just like them. I certainly put hours and faith into this game that not many other players did, that's for sure. And now it means jack.

I'm with UroshUchiha, I don't understand why we at the very least can't keep our weapons and levels. I could understand losing our chapter progress and coins/gems, but they could give us back our gear. This "compensation" they speak of will probably be a few coins and gems that we will be able to do very little with.

It's a real shame it had to turn out this way but I suppose that's that. I'll keep an eye out on the game and its updates but I won't be playing for a long time.

UroshUchiha 13-03-21 11:04

@Mikky my Lara is level 36. That's a lot of hours spent on this. Thankfully I played it while I was walking my dog so I literally had nothing better to do so I guess I can't be too mad that I "wasted" my time on the game cause it was helping me pass the time.

But yeah, again, our data is still there, it's not lost. It just probably means that someone over there has to manually restore stuff and that's too much work for anyone and I don't wish that upon anyone to do. "When there's a will there's a way" saying comes to mind, manual or not, but yeah, that's a lot of work for someone to go through to satisfy EA testers.

At least I learned a valuable lesson, I am not gonna play nor support any EA game in the future. Yes, I knew the risk was there, but it still doesn't make it any less disappointing.

I'll apply for the "compensation" to get something back and keep it until after full release, at least something.

Worst case scenario, use the Android emulator on PC, find a modded apk later down the line if someone makes one and speedrun through the game just to see the content.

Joey79100 13-03-21 16:51

I mean, when a game is early access, it automatically implies that anything could happen, even if not stated explicitly. It means it's not in a finished state, so nobody should put hours and hours in it like if it was a finished product.
See it more like a testing phase, where everything could change: you're the tester, and you're more expected to give feedback and report issues rather than to play seriously for your own enjoyment, so you can help making the finished product good.
It seems like they're going through a drastic technical change that makes it too complicated to port player's progress to the new version. It would require additional development time, and considering it's a free product with a low budget, they probably just can't afford doing that, especially considering there are only a handful of players (it would be a huge effort for little benefit, or even losses).

Of course I'm not denying the frustration and I totally understand, but what I mean is it you can't be angry at the developers for that. It had to be expected from the start when you accepted playing a game in early access state, so yes it does justify it. And the same should be expected for every product you try in early access, generally speaking. If you don't want this risk, you should only wait for finished products to come out.