www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reloaded announced (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225361)

andre_costa 06-11-21 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8329133)
I know that the discord can be accessed from within the game, if they are advertising the link elsewhere, I haven't seen it.

DM me on Discord Urosh Uchiha#0242 and I'll throw you the invite link.

I'm sorry.. I'm really dumb I don't even know who Discord works :vlol:
Is there any chance you can Dm me here the link? :o

charmedangelin 06-11-21 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by andre_costa (Post 8329476)
I'm sorry.. I'm really dumb I don't even know who Discord works :vlol:
Is there any chance you can Dm me here the link? :o

In the game click on the settings button in the top right corner. Then at the bottom of the page you will see the purple discord icon. Click the purple discord icon. It will take you to a page that asked you to accept invite to Tomb Raider Reloaded Discord server. Click accept invite. Your phone will then automatically open Tomb Raider Reloaded Discord server.

andre_costa 06-11-21 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8329482)
In the game click on the settings button in the top right corner. Then at the bottom of the page you will see the purple discord icon. Click the purple discord icon. It will take you to a page that asked you to accept invite to Tomb Raider Reloaded Discord server. Click accept invite. Your phone will then automatically open Tomb Raider Reloaded Discord server.

But my game doesn't open. Just freezes at 40% on the first loading screen right after I start the game :o

Kidd Bowyer 07-11-21 18:17

So, how is the game overall? It looks like a twin-stick shooter, but with touch controls?

Also, how's the monetization stuff?

UroshUchiha 16-11-21 09:50

Do not allow your game to upgrade to 0.13 version. If it does, you won't be able to open the game anymore.
A lot of people on Discord reported this issue, and it just happened to me as well. The game was automatically updated and now it no longer works.

At this point, I am honestly sure that the dev team behind this game are not experienced at all with Android app development and they are just learning as they go. Not a single build of this game came out without various issues, from tedious ones to absolutely game breaking.

If someone literally playtested the new changes at least once they would have seen the issues so I assume they don't even do QA, the people playing the game currently are viewed as unpaid testers.

Been playing this game on and off since it launched in Early Access and honestly the level of unprofessionalism is disappointing. Sure I get it, it's an Early Access game so bugs are to be expected. But it's also an EA game where you can spend real money on and some people have.

Some of those people, at least according to Discord messages, haven't been able to play for 20+ days and they have no response from anyone on the dev team about a potential solution.

It was also disheartening, to me, watching people report how they are unable to play the game anymore all day yesterday, and the people marked as "devs" on the discord didn't even bother to respond or offer any feedback. Still haven't. Yet we can see their activity on Discord telling us how they are playing other video games instead. Sure, no one needs to work 24/7 on a game, but we are now approaching 24 hours since this build dropped and no official response. Just unprofessional.

One good thing about TRR is the Community Manager from Discord. Fox. But sometimes (very often) it feels like the dev team isn't even talking to her frequently. She often knows as little as we the players. If not less.

Ellioft 16-11-21 15:51

I wonder why Edd Perkins vanished from Twitter :ponder:

.snake. 16-11-21 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8331170)
I wonder why Edd Perkins vanished from Twitter :ponder:

Weren't there some homophobic attacks?

charmedangelin 18-11-21 02:22

The game doesn't work on my phone anymore. I can't install it from the Play Store no matter what. When they released the update and pulled it is when I tried to download it. I'm not sure if they messed something up on my phone when they did that ad my phone refuses to install the game no matter what I try.

I honestly just give up on it. The game was hard af and not much for to me anyway. I'll probably just wait for official release because it's exhausting with this game.

UroshUchiha 18-11-21 10:19

Eh you are not missing too much. As per usual the newly introduced level is yet again a massive difficulty spike over the previous one.

It would be fine if each new tomb was slightly harder than the previous one, but instead we are talking about such a huge difficulty spike it's insane. Every single time.

According to Google Play Store I spent ~180 hours on this game. My Lara is level 75 with close to 30k health. And in this new tomb, there's a boss that can literally one-shot me. And the attacks that do not one shot me stun me instead and still deal 50% of my max health.

So if a person who has been grinding this game for months cannot finish the new level without playing like I'm on a global tournament for a competitive game then I can see how this game will lose players faster than Activision Blizzard is losing employees once it goes global.

Ellioft 18-11-21 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8331518)
Eh you are not missing too much. As per usual the newly introduced level is yet again a massive difficulty spike over the previous one.

It would be fine if each new tomb was slightly harder than the previous one, but instead we are talking about such a huge difficulty spike it's insane. Every single time.

According to Google Play Store I spent ~180 hours on this game. My Lara is level 75 with close to 30k health. And in this new tomb, there's a boss that can literally one-shot me. And the attacks that do not one shot me stun me instead and still deal 50% of my max health.

So if a person who has been grinding this game for months cannot finish the new level without playing like I'm on a global tournament for a competitive game then I can see how this game will lose players faster than Activision Blizzard is losing employees once it goes global.

Wait :o I'm only level 11 and I barely can pass three bosses from Qualopec's Tomb :(

UroshUchiha 18-11-21 19:12

They just announced that the game was released to Austria, Poland and Russia in Early Access.

jackali 19-11-21 12:06

I can't get the update, and after looking on here that's probably for the best.

It's a pity as I was hoping to give the new level a try. Oh well.

charmedangelin 20-11-21 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 8331737)
I can't get the update, and after looking on here that's probably for the best.

It's a pity as I was hoping to give the new level a try. Oh well.

Are you on Android 12 by any chance?

jackali 20-11-21 15:23

Yes, I am.

charmedangelin 20-11-21 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 8331894)
Yes, I am.

I'm having the same issue as well as another person in the discord. Seems something with the latest update doesn't work right with Android 12.

jackali 20-11-21 20:30

Probably for the best, given the issues UroshiUchiha mentioned.

Mikky 21-11-21 15:51

I updated the game, and as I sometimes do now, I cleared the game's data and cache, knowing that my save was backed up on Google. The thing is, signing into Google in the game simply doesn't work now - I go to the settings, click "sign in" and it just reboots back into the title screen with no changes.

It could just be a bug and I'll have to wait for a fix but I am kinda worried I've lost my progress permanently. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

charmedangelin 21-11-21 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 8331946)
Probably for the best, given the issues UroshiUchiha mentioned.

True, I know Ed said they would work on the difficulty at some point, but I'm honestly not sure how much they're willing to tweak with it. It's obvious they want you to spend money on gems and crates and a bunch of other micro transactions since the game is free and if they made the game fair a lot of people probably wouldn't purchase as much stuff as they believe people will with the insane difficulty of the game.

I honestly won't hold my breath that much of what we've seen will really be overhauled like some of us would like it to be.

UroshUchiha 21-11-21 19:01

I don't particularly have a problem with a free game being difficult unless you grind or spend some real world coin.
My problem with this game is that I did the grind, 180 hours of grind. My gear and items are fantastic, sure I can get upgraded some more but I am reaching that max ceiling of upgrades. No matter how much I upgrade my gear, relics and item rarity these enemies are like bullet sponges regardless.

Even if I bought the remaining things I required to absolutely max out everything I still doubt I'd be able to finish the currently last stage without breaking a sweat.

jackali 24-11-21 08:01

Game won't let me run it without updating now, but update is still broken on Android 12.

Guess I'm going to lose my progress on the daily dash and the daily rewards.

Really wish they'd let us keep going on the older version until the update actually works.

Pelagius 29-11-21 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8256392)
I think part of the "problem" (not necessarily a problem, or a problem with SotTR or the reboot games in general) is that the plots of games generally tend to be written in a very direct way: everything is explained right when it's happening, every character explains exactly what they are feeling. Most definitely a relic from when there was no voice acting in games, or even because gaming is a very active medium, so there really isn't time to process things.

Interesting. I appreciate the write-up.

jackali 30-11-21 22:57

Game still won't update on Android 12. I'm about ready to give up trying. It's a shame, I'd like to see the hard work put into the new stage, but I'm starting to think I'll just have to give up before the game even gets a proper release.

charmedangelin 01-12-21 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 8333379)
Game still won't update on Android 12. I'm about ready to give up trying. It's a shame, I'd like to see the hard work put into the new stage, but I'm starting to think I'll just have to give up before the game even gets a proper release.

They said they identified the bug and will patch it in the next update. So we will have to wait for whenever that will be. For me I probably won't be playing even when patched as I deleted all my progress thinking something was wrong with my save files. I'll just wait for the game to come out most likely.

charmedangelin 14-12-21 01:23

The bug has been fixed, people on Android 12 can now download and install the game again.

jackali 17-12-21 19:47

Indeed. Now we can all enjoy the absurd boss in Palace Midas which can one-shot even all the players who have been on this game leveling up for months.

Badly needs a nerf.

Would have appreciated something to make up for all the daily things I've missed in the meantime, but oh well. Can't have everything. I'll settle for a boss which isn't ridiculous.

Edit: To add, all my gear is Epic or Legendary, and all are reasonably good levels.

Level design and enemy design is cool though. Some nice work put into that. The final boss is pretty easy, which is nice, and a really cool idea.

LateRaider 25-01-22 01:56

im a little late but i was considering reinstalling this again since i have a long... long flight tomorrow with a long layover. but it seems that the balancing (Even with lots of grinding) is still horrible. its what made me quit in the first place. this is really unfortunate

Mikky 25-01-22 15:22

Yeah, that's something that won't be changed anytime soon, especially at this stage of the game. Wait until the official release, and even then, I wouldn't hold my breath.

charmedangelin 26-01-22 00:19

I don't bother much at all. I've been stuck on St Francis Folly and I doubt I'll be progressing much.

UroshUchiha 06-03-22 15:46

Ed Perkins announced that he's leaving Square: https://twitter.com/WellPlay_Ed/stat...60533856387073

charmedangelin 06-03-22 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8345456)
Ed Perkins announced that he's leaving Square: https://twitter.com/WellPlay_Ed/stat...60533856387073

Apparently Reloaded is still being developed, but boy has development slowed to a crawl.

UroshUchiha 06-03-22 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8345463)
Apparently Reloaded is still being developed, but boy has development slowed to a crawl.

I've been glancing at the official discord server every so often and there hasn't been a single post from the community manager or any developer on the project in days.

They should have posted something at least in my opinion. Some people are already jumping the gun with "TRR Cancelled?" comments. Which is probably not true, but still.

And yes, the development has been very slow. Especially considering that this game was originally supposed to come out globally in Q4 2021 if memory serves? I could be wrong about that.

charmedangelin 07-03-22 04:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8345475)
I've been glancing at the official discord server every so often and there hasn't been a single post from the community manager or any developer on the project in days.

They should have posted something at least in my opinion. Some people are already jumping the gun with "TRR Cancelled?" comments. Which is probably not true, but still.

And yes, the development has been very slow. Especially considering that this game was originally supposed to come out globally in Q4 2021 if memory serves? I could be wrong about that.

Yeah that's true, there was also so much content they had teased yet we don't hear anything about. They are focused on these events that are mega grindy and honestly not worth my time. I'm worried that a lot of those plans got scraped and they don't know what direction to take Reloaded. I haven't played the game anymore and quick glances at the discord server is sad at the lack of activity. I also don't see Ed in the discord anymore which is to be expected I suppose.

I wonder what really happened because from some of eds tweets it sounds like it wasn't entirely a decision made on a positive note. Probably some T they ain't gonna spill.

Vaskito 07-03-22 12:06

The way he worded his tweet about leaving, it gives me the impression of a bit of bad blood between SE and him. Maybe I'm reading too much into it

jajay119 09-03-22 23:39

No it definitely implies animosity. 'Despite my best efforts... isn't the place got me' shoes irreconcilable conflict.

I wouldn't be surprised if SE took issue with the game and made lots of demands of it which is why he left. Say what you want about the game, he was clearly passionate about it.

Evan C. 11-03-22 11:52

Or this game was announced way sooner than it should have been, or that guy was the only person working on this, because how is it possible that a mobile game take so many time to be done? It's a waste of resources, and it's not the first time they try to do a mobile game with the IP and get's erased from earth.

UroshUchiha 11-03-22 17:08

On their official discord there are a few people with the developer role. But I have never seen any one of them type anything on the server.

The only active person from the staff is the community manager. And when she is not around, takes a day off or simply offline for whatever reason, the entire server feels dead.

Almost every update to date had various bugs in it. Some of them being so obvious that if literally one person tried the game in the dev team, they'd see it. So it kinda feels like the "Early Raiders" are pretty much unpaid testers.

I would really like to see a deep dive of behind the scenes of TRR cause I find it impossibly that such a "simple" mobile game takes so long to ship content.

Something here doesn't add up to me and I am not sure what.

Don't get me wrong, there's some fun to be had here for a free mobile game. But at the moment this is just a mobile game with TR skin on top of it. Nothing really screams TR to me currently.

charmedangelin 11-03-22 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8346280)
On their official discord there are a few people with the developer role. But I have never seen any one of them type anything on the server.

The only active person from the staff is the community manager. And when she is not around, takes a day off or simply offline for whatever reason, the entire server feels dead.

Almost every update to date had various bugs in it. Some of them being so obvious that if literally one person tried the game in the dev team, they'd see it. So it kinda feels like the "Early Raiders" are pretty much unpaid testers.

I would really like to see a deep dive of behind the scenes of TRR cause I find it impossibly that such a "simple" mobile game takes so long to ship content.

Something here doesn't add up to me and I am not sure what.

Don't get me wrong, there's some fun to be had here for a free mobile game. But at the moment this is just a mobile game with TR skin on top of it. Nothing really screams TR to me currently.

Also think of the money. I can't imagine this game taking so long to develop and yet they seem to have the funds for it and not maintaining the classic ports on mobile. I personally think this game will be shelved at some point. I don't see it being a big hit outside of the fan base who will try it for a few days then get bored with the same grind fest this mobile game is. Updates have slowed, content has slowed, and it seems the devs have no idea what to do with Reloaded. I see many in the discord making suggestions and they are things the devs apparently never thought about which are super simple things that other mobile games already have.

I won't be surprised if within the next few months the game just stealthily releases or gets shelved.

Tombraider95 12-03-22 17:30

The only reason I don't want this game shelved is because of Shelley's, Juddith, Jonell & Keeley's involvement. It would be extremely disappointing to not be able to hear their lines and their return as Lara canceled.

As I've said before, the longer this game takes the worse it gets. How they've managed to be in development with this game for so long, yet people think remakes/ports "wouldn't be financially beneficial" baffles me.

LateRaider 14-03-22 03:58

wow, this is pretty big news. i wonder what was going on? it really does make me think TR isn't going to survive past XII

Ellioft 14-03-22 07:05

They are working on two additionnal levels and new special events it's on the discord it's not shelved.