www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Linoshi Croft 03-05-18 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigR4444 (Post 7872942)
I woildnt go as far as calling it, "free swimming like the classics", but its definitely closer to that than Rise. You have a lot more control underwater...

I'm a bit confused, what makes it not 'free swimming'? Do you not have complete control of Lara underwater, is it similar to Rise where she just kinda dips under the surface of the water or can we go as deep as we like etc?

Rai 03-05-18 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 7872947)
I'm a bit confused, what makes it not 'free swimming'? Do you not have complete control of Lara underwater, is it similar to Rise where she just kinda dips under the surface of the water or can we go as deep as we like etc?

The segment I played felt linear, going through tunnels. I don't know if water spaces open up later on. But, you can dive deeper, you are not restricted to just under the surface. You will need to find air pockets. One section was scripted, but it felt like it flowed better, more naturally, if that makes sense. I failed a couple of times.

Vaskito 03-05-18 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7872949)
The segment I played felt linear, going through tunnels. I don't know if water spaces open up later on. But, you can dive deeper, you are not restricted to just under the surface. You will need to find air pockets. One section was scripted, but it felt like it flowed better, more naturally, if that makes sense. I failed a couple of times.

OMG, did you drown Lara? :eek:

Linoshi Croft 03-05-18 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7872949)

To be honest, linear underwater sections with total control over Lara sound more appealing to me then huge underwater areas. I always liked these sections in the classics, as they linked areas together and the swimming was a nice change of pace. Plus, these areas could be intense without the need to be overly scripted and cinematic so, I hope they aren't this way in Shadow.

Rai 03-05-18 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7872952)
OMG, did you drown Lara? :eek:

Yes. Lara died horribly a few times under my care :mis:.

Athukraz 03-05-18 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7872959)
Yes. Lara died horribly a few times under my care :mis:.

Is the drowning animation the same as LAU?

Rai 03-05-18 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 7872960)
Is the drowning animation the same as LAU?

I think she just sinks. I don't remember the animations.

CrowdedToaster 03-05-18 13:54

I just remembered that ppl said a piece of concept art shows snow in the environment. Which one is that?? Because I looked over them and I don't see any snow

Athukraz 03-05-18 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowdedToaster (Post 7873023)
I just remembered that ppl said a piece of concept art shows snow in the environment. Which one is that?? Because I looked over them and I don't see any snow

there isn't

iWANEX 03-05-18 14:03

GameSpot's SOTTR trailer just reached 1 million views.