Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Hyper_Crazy 03-07-07 19:03

[QUOTE=AmericanAssassin;1938918]Jeez... I don't usually play games 10 hours straight... What about when I get hurt? I won't be able to afford enough potions for 10 hours worth of play, will I?

Also, should I load up on good weapons before I enter the Rabanastre Palace?[/QUOTE]

Buy Cure, and potions don't cost that much, if you're training you should get enough loot to sell for a reasonable price. ;)

Umm, not too sure, I did load up on good weapons at that time, but they were exactly the same as my previous ones.

*[B][COLOR="Red"]SPOILERS[/COLOR][/B]* [COLOR="White"] I would stock up on potions as there is quite a long journey ahead of you, and I don't recall there being any shops, oh wait, there was 1 I think.[/COLOR]

AmericanAssassin 03-07-07 19:07

Why do I need "cure"? Oh jeez... what's going to happen?

Hyper_Crazy 03-07-07 19:08

[QUOTE=AmericanAssassin;1938929]Why do I need "cure"? Oh jeez... what's going to happen?[/QUOTE]

Cure is a magick, it heals you, you know, use it when your HP is low, like a potion. Make sure you aquire the license for it first.

Alive_and_Funky 03-07-07 19:08

[QUOTE=AmericanAssassin;1938912]:yik: Levels 25 - 30?! That's going to take forever![/QUOTE]
Five of my party members are at level 25, and I've been playing for around 38 hours.

By the way, First Aid can prove to be a handy Technick.

AmericanAssassin 03-07-07 19:11

What's the difference between "cure" and "first aid"?

Alive_and_Funky 03-07-07 19:17

[QUOTE=AmericanAssassin;1938936]What's the difference between "cure" and "first aid"?[/QUOTE]
Cure is a Magick which you can use at anytime (as long as you have enough MP). You can only use First Aid when one of your party members is at critical health, but it doesn't use up any MP due to it being a Technick.

AmericanAssassin 03-07-07 19:23

Okay then, everybody. You can expect an update from me a few hours from now... I'm off to adventure! :D

EDIT: Here's an interesting article segment I found at [URL="http://www.1up.com/"]1up.com[/URL]...

[Quote]Square Enix's latest Final Fantasy XIII projects Fabula Nova Crystallis seems to be taking a bolder step perhaps blurring the lines between RPG and action game. Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase comments, "in [Final Fantasy XIII], there is drama even in just a swing of the sword. How many enemies are there in the direction you are swinging? Are there differences in reaction depending on which enemy you attack? Will the enemy take the blow or leave unwounded after the attack? Just selecting the "Attack" command will become interesting. With next generation technology, RPGs will require real time elements like those of action games." Meanwhile Final Fantasy Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura, explains that the game "will be very action oriented, where players will feel more engaged in the battle rather than just watching it unfold. While retaining the Final Fantasy style, our goal is to deliver the excitement and immersion like you would in a third person shooter. In that sense, it will be a different type of game from the previous Final Fantasy games.[/Quote]

I'm liking the sound of it. Gameplay excitement of a shooter, while retaining classic elements of fighting. :cln:

nightwishgirl84 04-07-07 09:23

that does sounds cool AA !!
i can't wait for the new games.

kryptonite23 04-07-07 12:05

[QUOTE=AmericanAssassin;1938912]:yik: Levels 25 - 30?! That's going to take forever![/QUOTE]

My cousin only did that for 1 week.:confused:

nightwishgirl84 04-07-07 14:33

ahem some golden amulets help too....
you can level up quickly early on,but it can be tricky.
ohhh this makes me wanna play it all over again....