Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

trXD 20-04-09 11:23

[QUOTE=Rivendell;3604363]I forgot to mention, I hated it anyway. :wve: It by far seems to be the most disliked FF - combine that with the fact I only liked the combat in the game, not the characters nor plot, and I didn't feel like never playing it again was such a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

Ah, i see now its more of a continued problem than a sudden annoyance.

I haven't played it anyway, really should get round to it.

Rivendell 20-04-09 11:42

Noo, stay away from it! :tea:

Minty Mouth 20-04-09 12:07

[QUOTE=Rivendell;3604494]Noo, stay away from it! :tea:[/QUOTE]

Youre talking about FFX-2?

Im sorry but this is the single most ridiculous piece of advise I have ever heard. Along with being one of my personal favourite games ever, I consider it to be one of, if not [B]the[/B] best RPG ever released.

People immediately dismiss it because of the fact that a) All playable characters are girls, b) because of the dressphere system and c) because the plot is more light hearted than the other FF games (and if youve played to at least half way through, youll know that that isnt true at all.)

The combat is the best I have experienced in a RPG in my life, and the simple yet vastly improved ATB system is the perfect balance between action and strategy. Not to mention that there are so many combinations of dresses and abilities that it is actually quite daunting. Aside fom all that, the battles in X-2 are just plain fun, you can personalise it however you want, and that can never be bad. I actually spent most of the time looking forward to the next battle.

Its actually hard to express how much replayability this game warrants, but there is a lot there. Having multiple endings, a ridiculous mount of sidequests and optional bosses, and having the opportunity to go a completely different way in the vein of levelling up your characters, I have played through this game a ridiculous anount of times.

As for the plot, it is quite merry at first, but it really is quite emotional and 'world endangering' when you hit the half way/three quarter mark. So I dont see this as a problem

And as for being the most hated FF game, give me a break.

I actually pity anyone who hasnt completed this game. I advise every RPG fan to at least get half way through.

[COLOR="White"]Im really sad[/COLOR].

trXD 20-04-09 12:35

Wait a minute we are talking about X-2? *super facepalm*

I thought we were talking about VIII for some reason:hea:

I love X-2!

*laralover* 20-04-09 12:50

[QUOTE=Tony9595;3604133]I always thought that Terra was starting to love to General Leo, the conversation they had on the boat gave me that impression, and then... :( I HATE KEFKA :mad:[/QUOTE]

Yeah i sort of agree...Hay Kefka owns! :ohn:

Survival 20-04-09 12:51

Lol.. anyway just ordered XII and this time Iīm planning to finish it... even though I donīt like main character that much:D.

Anyway I really enjoyed Squall as the main character in VIII. Donīt really know why though.

Tony9595 20-04-09 13:17

[QUOTE=*laralover*;3604610]Yeah i sort of agree...Hay Kefka owns! :ohn:[/QUOTE]

I know, I just meant that he is quite bad, you know what happened to Leo, and well... to everyone... thatīs why I hate kefka, because he is the best villain in the series (FOR ME).

If I should list my Top 5 Villains on Final Fantasy...

1.-Kefka
2.-Kuja
3.-Golbez
4.-Sexyroth
5.-Galdes

Rivendell 20-04-09 13:25

Minty Mouth, cheers, you've just encouraged me to put the game in my pile of "return to the shop for money" games. :D :p

It's one of the most [I]blatantly-geared-towards-girls[/I] games I've ever played, and I really didn't enjoy it. Combat rocked, it was fast paced and brutal, but the characters, the tone, the [U]stupid[/U] [I]level-up-and-swap-dresses[/I] (dresses, FGS) system makes me wonder why I didn't consider taking it back in the first place. :confused:

I'll have to find it first anyway. Probably won't get too much for it, but older games never trade for much nowadays. :(

Still, I'd rather have a few quid to go towards another game, than keep hold of it.

Minty Mouth 20-04-09 13:38

[QUOTE=Rivendell;3604681]Minty Mouth, cheers, you've just encouraged me to put the game in my pile of "return to the shop for money" games. :D :p

It's one of the most [I]blatantly-geared-towards-girls[/I] games I've ever played, and I really didn't enjoy it. Combat rocked, it was fast paced and brutal, but the characters, the tone, the [U]stupid[/U] [I]level-up-and-swap-dresses[/I] (dresses, FGS) system makes me wonder why I didn't consider taking it back in the first place. :confused:

I'll have to find it first anyway. Probably won't get too much for it, but older games never trade for much nowadays. :(

Still, I'd rather have a few quid to go towards another game, than keep hold of it.[/QUOTE]

Why on earth would they aim it at girls specifically? The game is technically great, and if people could get over themselves long enough to enjoy something that is different maybe they would appreciate it ;) If the stupid dressphere sytem was called the UltimateClass system or something, a lot of the people who dismissed it would have a very different view. Its a great game under a candy coated shell.

Im not personally directing this at you, Just venting in general.

b0bb13 20-04-09 14:08

Go,go Minty!
[IMG]https://skunkforums.org/skunkforums/images/smilies/cheer.gif[/IMG]

The thing that I like the most about X-2 is the storyline.While they don't really concentrate that much on it,since there are so many side-quests,there are some really emotional parts.I really have to finish it,even if I'll get the crapzors normal ending. :(
And it's nice to see what happens after FFX.Also the music is awesome.:D