www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Arts and Entertainment (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The General Sailor Moon Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=156755)

Ellioft 01-07-19 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustie (Post 8105850)
They look almost like the original designs from the 90s anime. I guess they will look a bit different in motion and probably closer to the current anime designs.

It's the last arc if I remember, no ?
I hope there's more budget than the TV show. :)

I'm also waiting for the final Evangelion Rebuild Movie :D

Portugalraider 01-07-19 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8105856)
It's the last arc if I remember, no ?
I hope there's more budget than the TV show. :)

I'm also waiting for the final Evangelion Rebuild Movie :D

Second to last, you still have the Sailor Moon Stars arc.

Really liking the new designs, a good mix between the 90s anime and SMC season 3. Hope it is at least as good as that last season, with better animation now that it will be two movies. :)

ggctuk 01-07-19 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8105863)
Second to last, you still have the Sailor Moon Stars arc.

Really liking the new designs, a good mix between the 90s anime and SMC season 3. Hope it is at least as good as that last season, with better animation now that it will be two movies. :)

Indeed. Hopefully they get Stars right this time, I can remember that Naoko Takeuchi was said to be very unhappy with how it played out.

Blue_light 01-07-19 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggctuk (Post 8105872)
Indeed. Hopefully they get Stars right this time, I can remember that Naoko Takeuchi was said to be very unhappy with how it played out.

The only thing I've read of Takeuchi really disliking was the whole Starlights changing gender thing, since it goes against the "only females can be sailors" rule she had going on.

Though I wouldn't blame her if she indeed felt disappointed with the rest.

Dustie 01-07-19 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggctuk (Post 8105872)

lol that always bugged me since I loved Stars and Sailor Starlights in it, I never read the manga and I can't imagine Stars without Starlights playing a major part...

xspacedude 01-07-19 22:16

the Stars Arc in the mangas has such a fast pace, everything happens too quick. I love both the TV and Manga version. Season 5 also had that mini Arc from Queen Nehellenia and I love that so freaking much, it's perfect imo, better than every episode in SuperS.

the_legend 01-07-19 22:33

I was excited when I heard that it was announced but kinda baffled that it has been changed to two movies? It's kinda weird in the middle of a series.

Is it maybe something to save cost?

Tsarina 01-07-19 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateRaider (Post 8105812)
hi

sailor moon crystal's first season 4 film was announced. "Sailor Moon Eternal"

https://twitter.com/SailorMoon_News/...84638338097155

Oh man! I thought they were not going to go through with Season 4, I am super stoked to see some concrete news. Yay!

Blue_light 02-07-19 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_legend (Post 8106075)
I was excited when I heard that it was announced but kinda baffled that it has been changed to two movies? It's kinda weird in the middle of a series.

Is it maybe something to save cost?

It was always planned to be 2 movies.
As to why, probably because the season is short(er).

Can't believe it's been 3 years since season 3, haha.

ggctuk 02-07-19 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustie (Post 8105968)
lol that always bugged me since I loved Stars and Sailor Starlights in it, I never read the manga and I can't imagine Stars without Starlights playing a major part...

The Starlights did play a part (much the same role as the anime - searching for Princess Kakyuu) though they were crossdressing women and did in fact play a lesser role. Apparently it came as a surprise to

They did change quite a bit: in the manga, Galaxia is directly manipulated to take control of the birthplace of all Star Seeds, the Galaxy Cauldron, by Chaos. Galaxia kills all the Senshi and Tuxedo Mask then reanimates them with her control bracelets. There's also the little tidbit about Chibichibi being a future form of Sailor Moon rather than Galaxia's Star Seed. Chaos also plays a much greater role, being the real Final Boss and the source of every enemy Sailor Moon has faced thus far.