www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Arts and Entertainment (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The General Sailor Moon Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=156755)

Shark_Blade 21-04-15 13:59

Agreed. It's like a cat attack or something..

peeves 21-04-15 15:48

The animation in sailor crystal looks to weird for my taste.

Mikky 05-07-15 23:48

http://s3.postimg.org/v58cl0ak3/Pics...6139941744.jpg

The artwork and animation was absolutely incredible on yesterday's epsiode. It was like movie quality. Dat hair.

Shark_Blade 07-07-15 07:22

Nvm

lance6439 06-01-16 18:20

I still have yet to watch the entire season of Crystal....lmao

-

:vlol:

ggctuk 06-01-16 19:29

Well, you'll have more to watch when you get round to it, given they're releasing the S arc this year too.

LateRaider 01-07-19 02:22

hi

sailor moon crystal's first season 4 film was announced. "Sailor Moon Eternal"

https://twitter.com/SailorMoon_News/...84638338097155

xspacedude 01-07-19 03:35

Oh my god I didnít know about this thread! And finally something solid on the movies. I canít wait for it :jmp:

Blue_light 01-07-19 06:56

I love the designs so much. <3 Chibimoon looks absolutely perfect.

Dustie 01-07-19 09:22

They look almost like the original designs from the 90s anime. I guess they will look a bit different in motion and probably closer to the current anime designs.

Ellioft 01-07-19 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustie (Post 8105850)
They look almost like the original designs from the 90s anime. I guess they will look a bit different in motion and probably closer to the current anime designs.

It's the last arc if I remember, no ?
I hope there's more budget than the TV show. :)

I'm also waiting for the final Evangelion Rebuild Movie :D

Portugalraider 01-07-19 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8105856)
It's the last arc if I remember, no ?
I hope there's more budget than the TV show. :)

I'm also waiting for the final Evangelion Rebuild Movie :D

Second to last, you still have the Sailor Moon Stars arc.

Really liking the new designs, a good mix between the 90s anime and SMC season 3. Hope it is at least as good as that last season, with better animation now that it will be two movies. :)

ggctuk 01-07-19 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8105863)
Second to last, you still have the Sailor Moon Stars arc.

Really liking the new designs, a good mix between the 90s anime and SMC season 3. Hope it is at least as good as that last season, with better animation now that it will be two movies. :)

Indeed. Hopefully they get Stars right this time, I can remember that Naoko Takeuchi was said to be very unhappy with how it played out.

Blue_light 01-07-19 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggctuk (Post 8105872)
Indeed. Hopefully they get Stars right this time, I can remember that Naoko Takeuchi was said to be very unhappy with how it played out.

The only thing I've read of Takeuchi really disliking was the whole Starlights changing gender thing, since it goes against the "only females can be sailors" rule she had going on.

Though I wouldn't blame her if she indeed felt disappointed with the rest.

Dustie 01-07-19 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggctuk (Post 8105872)

lol that always bugged me since I loved Stars and Sailor Starlights in it, I never read the manga and I can't imagine Stars without Starlights playing a major part...

xspacedude 01-07-19 22:16

the Stars Arc in the mangas has such a fast pace, everything happens too quick. I love both the TV and Manga version. Season 5 also had that mini Arc from Queen Nehellenia and I love that so freaking much, it's perfect imo, better than every episode in SuperS.

the_legend 01-07-19 22:33

I was excited when I heard that it was announced but kinda baffled that it has been changed to two movies? It's kinda weird in the middle of a series.

Is it maybe something to save cost?

Tsarina 01-07-19 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateRaider (Post 8105812)
hi

sailor moon crystal's first season 4 film was announced. "Sailor Moon Eternal"

https://twitter.com/SailorMoon_News/...84638338097155

Oh man! I thought they were not going to go through with Season 4, I am super stoked to see some concrete news. Yay!

Blue_light 02-07-19 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_legend (Post 8106075)
I was excited when I heard that it was announced but kinda baffled that it has been changed to two movies? It's kinda weird in the middle of a series.

Is it maybe something to save cost?

It was always planned to be 2 movies.
As to why, probably because the season is short(er).

Can't believe it's been 3 years since season 3, haha.

ggctuk 02-07-19 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustie (Post 8105968)
lol that always bugged me since I loved Stars and Sailor Starlights in it, I never read the manga and I can't imagine Stars without Starlights playing a major part...

The Starlights did play a part (much the same role as the anime - searching for Princess Kakyuu) though they were crossdressing women and did in fact play a lesser role. Apparently it came as a surprise to

They did change quite a bit: in the manga, Galaxia is directly manipulated to take control of the birthplace of all Star Seeds, the Galaxy Cauldron, by Chaos. Galaxia kills all the Senshi and Tuxedo Mask then reanimates them with her control bracelets. There's also the little tidbit about Chibichibi being a future form of Sailor Moon rather than Galaxia's Star Seed. Chaos also plays a much greater role, being the real Final Boss and the source of every enemy Sailor Moon has faced thus far.

Lenochka 04-07-19 21:15

Just thought I'd leave this here.

lance6439 05-07-19 06:24

Maybe watched 16 episodes of season 1 (SMC) and haven't bothered to look back.

Portugalraider 05-07-19 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 8106957)
Maybe watched 16 episodes of season 1 (SMC) and haven't bothered to look back.

Season 1 of SMC is trash, especially animation wise.

Season 2 is okay-ish.

Season 3 is da bomb, though.

Ellioft 05-07-19 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8106976)
Season 1 of SMC is trash, especially animation wise.

Season 2 is okay-ish.

Season 3 is da bomb, though.

You know SMC is litterally the manga without the filler episodes ?

johnanonymouz 05-07-19 12:59

I couldn't get into SMC because of the soundtrack change! it was such a gigantic part of the anime back in the day and I loved it so so much! Maybe I'll try again.

Portugalraider 05-07-19 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8106982)

I know, but even still, the manga did the stories for both initial arcs, and the development of the other senshi, better than SMC did during those seasons. And the manga was much better looking than at least the first season of SMC.

Dustie 05-07-19 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenochka (Post 8106891)

Just thought I'd leave this here.

Wooooow

Compared to THAT the americanized half-animated/half-life-action show probably wouldn't have been that bad lol

How good that neither of those came to fruition

Blue_light 05-07-19 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8106982)

Oh god, how much I really despise this excuse.

The manga at least has an excuse to have really terrible *** pulls and plotholes, because it was being drawn alongside the anime.

SMC could have fixed, expanded, and overall polished the manga story, since it was working with a finished product. They tried, by keeping the generals alive for longer, yet their stay not only turned out to be so poorly executed, it added more plot holes to the ones that carried from the manga.

Even if someone says that there was no choice, since they were following the manga as closely as possible, I'll give an example of an actual good anime adaptation from a very simplistic manga: Phantom Thief Saint Tail.

The very first episode of the anime is both very different, but also the exact same as the first chapter. The events play out the exact same way, only elements are changed to give more plausibility, for example:

- Manga -> Asuka Jr. gets invited to the house targeted by St. Tail to test the security system because he is "very smart" (yes, that's literally the reason. And sure, asking a 14 year old to test someone's security system is totally realistic)
- Anime -> Asuka Jr. does some research on the rich houses that have been robbed recently, and gets to the house St. Tail is targeting based on that data.

And others added to fill in details that the manga doesn't show, such as Asuka Jr. getting recognition and permission from the Mayor to investigate on the case; or give more excitement, such as instead the owner of the jewel being honest like in the manga, in the anime he's part of a criminal scheme that sells gems, and then steals them back.

Card captor Sakura is another example. While it takes more liberties with the manga, when it's not following it 1:1, it still keeps what's important, and expands on what already has. The anime shows Sakura accidentaly releasing the cards (while in the manga, they were already out), being selected as a card captor (which was done via flashback in the manga), and how Tomoyo became involved.

The only things that SMC1/2 actually did right in the polishing department was making the chess scene against Berthier more important, and Makoto's intro episode. Other than that it is what Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles anime did to the scene in the world of the shiny lake, which turned a fun light hearted moment to something boring and lifeless to look at.

SMC took what little personality the manga had, and washed everything out. The jokes, the extreme expressions, the quirks of the characters, particularly anyone who wasn't Usagi, were all gone. Rei had all her sass gone, even the dub highlighted just how bland she became, not to mention how everyone else sounded the same. They took Venus' own decision and determination to sacrifice her planet power for the possibility of reaching the princess, which highlighted her as a leader, and instead gave the whole group some BS lights for inspiration. They made Usagi actually consider leaving her friends to die because she didn't have powers like them.

So, Portugalraider is right. SMC season 1 is trash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8107003)
And the manga was much better looking than at least the first season of SMC.

I don't know how to respond to this, since I have a love-hate relationship with the manga's artstyle. XD

Quebsenuef 05-07-19 17:45

Hey friends! :D

Is there anyway I can watch the original 90ís Sailor Moon? I watched it growing up when I was like 7 or 8 years old and I loved it. I had a huge crush on Sailor Moon :o hahaha

Is there like a DVD boxset? Or something?

AntRaidsTombs 05-07-19 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quebsenuef (Post 8107044)

Is there anyway I can watch the original 90ís Sailor Moon? I watched it growing up when I was like 7 or 8 years old and I loved it. I had a huge crush on Sailor Moon :o hahaha

Iíve been wondering this too. I remember watching it somewhere on like Netflix or Hulu, but it didnít seem to be right.

LateRaider 06-07-19 06:14

The original English dub from the 1990's by DiC/Cloverway can't be bought anymore. It hasn't been aired nor sold in over 15 years. VIZ Media acquired the rights to the series and they re-dubbed it. This new dub stays closer to the original plot, using the characters' Japanese names and original character relationships, genders, and sexual orientations. VIZ are also dubbing the fifth season, Sailor Moon Sailor Stars, for the very first time (Cloverway skipped it because they lost the rights).

Also, I love all of Sailor Moon Crystal, and VIZ's dub did right by the characters by making the dialogue more interesting and the Inner Guardians seem like less of a hivemind. *shrug*

xspacedude 07-07-19 07:51

They named the movie Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal Season IV Eternal The Movie in the US :cln: btw Part 1 and 2 will be out in 2020 according to the panel.

https://i.postimg.cc/RW2L20vL/14-B87...0-BFC28-E4.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/NKKxNXv0/239-A3...318-ECB817.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Y4gz7w9K/6634-C...77-C07-F04.jpg

Ashnod 09-07-19 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quebsenuef (Post 8107044)

:yah:

I have watched all of the original Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon. All five seasons in the original Japanese with English subtitles, back during the era when to see any of it, you had to order fansubs ripped from the laser discs and translated by fans.

But, the DiC Sailor Moon was the gateway drug that introduced my friend and I to it, and the reason the two of us sought it the real thing later.

Heartache 09-07-19 12:50

i hope both movies have a real movie length. and arent only 60 minutes long. i dont want them to skip any chapters from the manga