www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Tomb Raider - the Angel of Darkness 1.5 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=212789)

Zsott 13-02-20 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakRaider (Post 8170541)
I'm getting kinda concerned about the legality of this whole thing, because i'm at a state right now where the project literally is Angel Of Darkness, the animations, the geometry, the sound, the music, just on a modern engine with beta stuff recovered.

What do you think?

Bolded part.
Those beta stuff are known from descriptions, videos, screenshots and interviews. The rest are disabled animations, voice lines and objects located in the game.

So, while you are using assets/property of Crystal, you are mixing it up with your creation(s). While Nico's project differs (completely from scratch) your project too falls into the fanmade category.
I think, the same rules applies to you, as to Nicobass. Either way, you could contact Morrigan (tho I doubt she's still around) but maybe she could put a few good words about your project, like Meagan did with Nico.

Other than that, I'd say work on it. Release a demo when you feel like it, to test the waters. I mean, DOX got a small media attention, this can get it too, once it's done.

Boobandie 13-02-20 21:01

Also for restored beta content, are you recreating the Parisian backstreets we saw at E3? Or polishing the cut and pasted together one we got in the final game?

Because the street changed a lot, and the big stone wall/arch wasnt there, the street contined to the main road (Rennes building was pasted over it from Parisian Ghetto and you can see where the unfinished road connects) and the side of the street with the raised gated courtyard and large medipack had entirely different buildings.

FreakRaider 14-02-20 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boobandie (Post 8172443)
Also for restored beta content, are you recreating the Parisian backstreets we saw at E3? Or polishing the cut and pasted together one we got in the final game?

Because the street changed a lot, and the big stone wall/arch wasnt there, the street contined to the main road (Rennes building was pasted over it from Parisian Ghetto and you can see where the unfinished road connects) and the side of the street with the raised gated courtyard and large medipack had entirely different buildings.

You will find out in future videos. ;)

Also even tho that might give "spoilers" to a people who want to play it, I feel like I will (once I reached that point) upload a full gameplay of everything I made, before I release the game. Simply because I can't know yet if i can even release the game

paulojr_mam 14-02-20 17:25

Oh, if you can't release, to have at least gameplay to watch would be nice.

laracroft1997 15-02-20 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakRaider (Post 8172557)
You will find out in future videos. ;)

Also even tho that might give "spoilers" to a people who want to play it, I feel like I will (once I reached that point) upload a full gameplay of everything I made, before I release the game. Simply because I can't know yet if i can even release the game

Isn't there a way to check for an AoD installation? Like "if you don't own the original game you won't be able to play this" type of thing?

ThatNorskChick 24-02-20 21:29

So I guess I've been away for a while...this blows me away. Wow! I mean WOW. This is beautiful, and I'm very glad to see it's still being worked on!

michaeldt 27-02-20 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatNorskChick (Post 8174824)
So I guess I've been away for a while...this blows me away. Wow! I mean WOW. This is beautiful, and I'm very glad to see it's still being worked on!

Omg you're still here? :hug:

ActuallyArlow 03-03-20 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatNorskChick (Post 8174824)
So I guess I've been away for a while...this blows me away. Wow! I mean WOW. This is beautiful, and I'm very glad to see it's still being worked on!

I saw your new video!! Your editing and humor is on point as always :jmp:

FreakRaider 07-03-20 20:40

New YouTube video!


dg1995 08-03-20 00:25

Great work!

Hope you manage to release the first level soon.(If you are planning to release it 1 level at time.)


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.