Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Tomb Raider - the Angel of Darkness 1.5 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=212789)

FreakRaider 06-11-15 12:40

Tomb Raider - the Angel of Darkness 1.5

the project is not cancelled, i‘m just very busy irl right now :D

red_lion 06-11-15 12:56

Wow! This looks great.
I'm thinking for a while to remake TRAOD but I don't have time. It is just a little fantasy. But you make it real!

I wish you great luck!

Phlip 06-11-15 13:27

Hmm keeping my eyeball on this. :)

SLAYER 06-11-15 14:13

That was a nice surprise!

VictorXD 06-11-15 14:55

WUUUUUTT!!!! :eek:

Amazing!!:D

Is that Unity or Unreal engine?? Either way it looks amazing! And how on earth did manage to etract the animations??!!!?!11! It looks so awesome. Hoping to see it finished :D

FreakRaider 06-11-15 14:57

The animations are not extracted :D

CheshireBitch 06-11-15 17:23

Well they are very well done then ! ;)

bekim 06-11-15 17:52

WOW! well done :jmp:

michaeldt 06-11-15 17:53

Oh WOW! :yik:. Looks incredible!

dcw123 06-11-15 18:11

Nice.. now if only the models could get a little face-lift (like XNALara models for example)

FreakRaider 06-11-15 18:28

[QUOTE=dcw123;7482517]Nice.. now if only the models could get a little face-lift (like XNALara models for example)[/QUOTE]

(I took it from XNALara actually lol)
Yes, they could get a little face-lift but I won't give her one ;) for now I think though.

-------------

Thanks for all of your positive feedback! :)

Laralicious 06-11-15 20:41

Wow!

That is incredible work! The remake that this wonderful game deserves! Very beautiful. :tmb:

scremanie 06-11-15 20:51

That trailer made my life tbh. You have done an AMAZING job!!!

*watches trailer 20 times again*

VictorXD 06-11-15 21:01

OMG!! I knew you made some amazing animations, but you truly fooled me there! The visual fidelity is.... is... I don't know, I can't find words that truly reflect how amazing it is.
Congrats, truly! :)

Enya Brennan 06-11-15 21:51

Please, don't play with my feelings, tell me this is real! :cry:

Jorje Croft 06-11-15 23:53

I would lost 5 years of my life to make this true. I'm ready for this sacrifice. looks amazing. I don't want anything more,this graphics exactly fits how AOD should look. I don't want realistic stuff. please god someday make this real. I forget everything about ROTTR when I was watching that.amazing work. nothing will reach AOD ever.

is it unreal to create engine like this and make remake of game? I think there should be some group of programmers who is ready for this. :\

Peterstar101 07-11-15 02:11

This looks absolutely stunning, FR! :tmb:

FreakRaider 07-11-15 10:55

[QUOTE=Laralicious;7482691]That is incredible work! The remake that this wonderful game deserves! Very beautiful. :tmb:[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much :)

[QUOTE=scremanie;7482706]That trailer made my life tbh. You have done an AMAZING job!!!

*watches trailer 20 times again*[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear that some of you have actually been living for an AoD remix xD Thank you so much!! :D

[QUOTE=VictorXD;7482723]OMG!! I knew you made some amazing animations, but you truly fooled me there! The visual fidelity is.... is... I don't know, I can't find words that truly reflect how amazing it is.
Congrats, truly! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot, it means a lot to me when people appreciate my animations that much, they're really not easy to make :D

[QUOTE=Jorje Croft;7482853]I would lost 5 years of my life to make this true. I'm ready for this sacrifice. looks amazing. I don't want anything more,this graphics exactly fits how AOD should look. I don't want realistic stuff. please god someday make this real. I forget everything about ROTTR when I was watching that.amazing work. nothing will reach AOD ever.

is it unreal to create engine like this and make remake of game? I think there should be some group of programmers who is ready for this. :\[/QUOTE]

Thank you so so much! Many people in the TRLE group on Facebook wanted me to make a high realistic Lara, but I will definitely not go for that. TRAoD just has this kind of ambience to which 'not so good' graphics just belong to IMO :)

[QUOTE=Peterstar101;7482978]This looks absolutely stunning, FR! :tmb:[/QUOTE]

Thank you! :)

-----------------------

Again, thank you all for your positive feedback! :D I will work on Parisian Backstreets for the while now, I still have many problems with UE4, but I think I'll somehow manage them. [SIZE="1"](and maybe you'll even get a Parisian Backstreets demo when it's done :pi:)[/SIZE]

Jorje Croft 07-11-15 15:12

[QUOTE=FreakRaider;7483135]Thank you very much :)

Thank you so so much! Many people in the TRLE group on Facebook wanted me to make a high realistic Lara, but I will definitely not go for that. TRAoD just has this kind of ambience to which 'not so good' graphics just belong to IMO :)

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

the main mystery around this game is visual. it has really specific character designs . I don't think it needs any changes. or modernized versions. I'm sure if AOD had realistic graphics it wouldn't be as amazing as its now. every detail is unique and made with great taste. your work looks flawless and camera angles are just amazing. maybe not game but as animation series it can be done. I have no idea how this program works but I know its hard. but AOD trilogy movie would be just BOMB. there are too many materials to finish the story. its just my dream but hope someday someone will make a project.

FreakRaider 07-11-15 21:48

I decided that I will post testing videos here as well.

Here is the first update on TRAoD 1.5:

(including rain, wet clothing effects and jumping)

[SIZE="5"]Update 1.1[/SIZE]

[Youtube]Ul1K1Lkl2JI[/Youtube]

SrDanielPonces 07-11-15 23:59

I've been watching those videos on Facebook....

I have to say it looks amazing :tmb: I wish you good luck with this project!

AimlessThunder 08-11-15 00:03

Awesome!

VictorXD 08-11-15 00:10

Simply outstanding:tmb: AOD has never looked better! And that's saying something. Please give us more info on this!!1! Are you working on this all by yourself? :eek: Do you want to bring the whole game to new gen?? I probably have a million questions, but these are the ones I thought of for now lol

FreakRaider 08-11-15 00:14

Thank you all! :)
@VictorXD yes, I'm working on this project all alone! Some wanted to join me and "help" but I don't know, I don't really need help atm. And thanks! :)

VictorXD 08-11-15 00:23

You are one brave cookie mister!:p That is a LOT of work for one person alone, and yet you seem to have a good grasp on this. I truly admire your effort, since I know nothing of coding, but I do about animating, level design and modding and I can only imagine how hard it must have been to get it how it looks right now.

Keep up the awesome work, I'll keep an eye out for new posts on this thread for sure! :tmb:

Jorje Croft 08-11-15 02:13

wait this is game or just video?:confused:

VictorXD 08-11-15 03:02

^ A "copy" of the game made in Unreal engine 4.

_Alex_ 08-11-15 03:44

Out Standing job :D I love it :cry:

Peterstar101 08-11-15 04:27

You're doing a phenomenal job! :tmb:

The animations could use a few transitions but aside from that, it's looking amazing! :D

Alex Fly 08-11-15 19:16

I'm really impressed about what I see here. Great work FreakRaider ! I'll keep an eye on this thread. :tmb:

ESCachuli 08-11-15 20:07

Just... Awesome.
Awesome.

I know it's too soon, but just for having a little chat: are you planning to fix the plotholes and adding new zones or just a 1:1 copy?

_Alex_ 08-11-15 20:42

Are you also adding beta elements?(based off the Beta Doc.s) :ponder:

Jorje Croft 08-11-15 22:06

[B]FreakRaider[/B]

are u in general control (playing) her or its just something like CGI animation? my breath stops in every second watching this. I need more information.:(

FreakRaider 08-11-15 22:26

I always have to thank you guys so much! You're all too kind :hug:

Now for your questions:
-It will be a remake with beta voice lines, some beta gameplay (just little things like that, because I probably won't be building new areas)
-It won't be a CGI animation, but a fully playable game you can play on your own :p

Lara_Fan1 08-11-15 22:50

I'm more excited for this than I am for Rise of the Tomb Raider! :D.

Jorje Croft 09-11-15 00:47

[QUOTE=FreakRaider;7484647]
-It won't be a CGI animation, but a fully playable game you can play on your own :p[/QUOTE]

this will give me a heart attack. ! please don't stop working maybe support is not too big but there are lots of hopeless fans of AOD...
this makes me 1000000% more happier thank Rise of the Tomb Raider.
long life to you !

P.S. there were some projects about AOD but none of them is finished. but... none of them was as flawless as yours ! so please don't stop and thanks you

Alex Fly 09-11-15 11:32

[QUOTE=FreakRaider;7484647]Now for your questions:
-It will be a remake with beta voice lines, some beta gameplay (just little things like that, because I probably won't be building new areas)
-It won't be a CGI animation, but a fully playable game you can play on your own :p[/QUOTE]
Cool. Maybe you could "restore" the deleted area of the first level too as most of the area is still there ? :)

Keep up the great work ! :hug: :tmb:

ESCachuli 10-11-15 20:39

Man, I can't stop playing the video again and again xDDD
I want it so bad.

It makes me dream with an AOD version without control flaws and awesome graphics (like in the video), and maybe a "shoulder view" in "combat mode" xDDD (I know many don't like AOD with that modern gameplay in combat, but I do, only good thing about new tomb raiders is that combat doesn't suck).

Wooxman 10-11-15 21:43

Wow! Finally an AoD remake that isn't made in TRLE but with an engine that can represent the original game in a better way. Keep up the good work! :tmb:

Peterstar101 10-11-15 23:02

[QUOTE=_Alex_;7484467]Are you also adding beta elements?(based off the Beta Doc.s) :ponder:[/QUOTE]

I feel like that'd be near impossible to incorporate a lot of the original concepts from the documents, they either didn't finish (or even start) the environments/dialogue etc.