www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Hazelphoenix 23-08-18 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7956407)
Yeaaah. It's pertty weird they're keep it as top secret. I wonder if there's a huge surpriseÖ
Do you guys think the third hub will be a nod to TR1? Like Vilcabamba (but unrelated to TR1 story).

I mean, think about it. They won't even say the hub's name AND Vilcabamba is about the incan as well. It all matches.

OMG have I just figured it all out? =O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilcabamba,_Peru

(btw, IDK if anyone has already considered this possibility in here)

Please give me your thoughts

I think a nod/reference to Vilcabamba is pretty much a given tbh.

Curious how the final chapter of the origin trilogy takes Lara to the exact same place where her journey began 20 years ago, Peru.

Lara also mentions a mountain in one of the first cutscenes, the Silver Crown mountain, and where did the first game start? In some caves on a mountain in Peru, and I believe Vilcabamba was located on the same mountain as well.

They could all be huge coincidences but I donít think what you mentioned is too far-fetched after all. Now whether it will be called in the exact same way is another story, and perhaps they donít want to go that far, but something resembling TR1ís Vilcabamba? I can see this happening.

iWANEX 23-08-18 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix (Post 7956414)

Curious how the final chapter of the origin trilogy takes Lara to the exact same place where her journey began 20 years ago, Peru.

Lara also mentions a mountain in one of the first cutscenes, the Silver Crown mountain, and where did the first game start? In some caves on a mountain in Peru, and I believe Vilcabamba was located on the same mountain as well.

They could all be huge coincidences but I donít think what you mentioned is too far-fetched after all. Now whether it will be called in the exact same way is another story, and perhaps they donít want to go that far, but something resembling TR1ís Vilcabamba? I can see this happening.

It would be a cool nod to the classics and Iím sure everyone would appreciate it. Iím happy to see Survivor Lara going to places Classic Lara has visited before.

WWETombRaider 23-08-18 10:44

I like the idea, and honestly I'd love to see it, but it dashes our hopes for the Vatican.

Vaskito 23-08-18 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix (Post 7956414)

Exaclty. I promisse I've never read any theory about Vilcabamba, and I just had this realization, and the more I think about it, the more sense I think it makes. Only three more weeks to find out if true!!!

Princess_Paige 23-08-18 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7956416)
I like the idea, and honestly I'd love to see it, but it dashes our hopes for the Vatican.

Not necessarily, they wouldn’t have the Vatican as a hub anyway as it’s in a city so there wouldn’t be any Tombs to explore or anything. We might just go there for one level like Syria in Rise

Leon2703 23-08-18 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7956400)
Iíve been thinking about the 3rd hub, the developers have said the last hub is supposed to be about fun. What if itís after Laraís ďdefining momentĒ? After sheís become the Tomb Raider? What if you get to explore it when the game is finished and itís much more like the classics and Lara has a braid and classic outfit e.c.t That also may be the hub that they add all the dlc Tombs to. Just a theory

I havenít seen the devs saying anything about a third hub :eek:

I would love if it was Vilcabamba like you guys suggested... can you imagine? Damn that would be so freaking awesome, specially with a Classic reimagined outfit :jmp:

Grizzly Bear 23-08-18 10:52

I would love to visit Vilacabamba, but now I've learnt to keep my expectations low, so I won't be disappointed if it's just an old city in ruins filled with undead inca soldiers.

Vaskito 23-08-18 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear (Post 7956426)
I would love to visit Vilacabamba, but now I've learnt to keep my expectations low, so I won't be disappointed if it's just an old city in ruins filled with undead inca soldiers.

It's a hub, so it has to be a living village like Paititi. Paititi is the biggest one, but I think Vilcabamba makes all the sense. The simple fact that they've talked about a third hub, and they specifically said they can't say the name it furthers down on my suspitions.

Anyway, it's what makes sense in my head, so please forgive me if it ends up not being Vlacabamba in the end. IDK, I'm so excited to find out if I'm right or wrong ughh

Hazelphoenix 23-08-18 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon2703 (Post 7956425)
I havenít seen the devs saying anything about a third hub :eek:

Yup, they confirmed in a couple of interviews that the game will have three main hubs, two have already been showed and the third one is top-secret, they wonít even say the name. They only said that it revolves around Tomb Raiding as an adventure, and ďthe joy of discoveryĒ. Pretty much what I signed up for when I became a TR fan back in the days. I hope it delivers, because it seems very intriguing.

WWETombRaider 23-08-18 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7956419)
Not necessarily, they wouldnít have the Vatican as a hub anyway as itís in a city so there wouldnít be any Tombs to explore or anything. We might just go there for one level like Syria in Rise

I kinda want an extended stay at the Vatican. I know it's not a large area, but I want to be able to explore all the secrets the Vatican may harbor, whether it's the Basilica, the Square or the Vatican Library. :cln: