www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

CrowdedToaster 13-04-18 00:38

Maybe Nicki will be doing the new game's theme song ;)

Ellioft 13-04-18 02:35

So now thanks to the puzzle we have a goal for this new adventure, but I'm curious to see if they try to make a link between the three games (and maybe the comics) what link could have the Divine Source between all that ?

We know in the comics Inferno Lara will be searching for an healing tree in Antarctica.

FanosCroft 13-04-18 08:08

So I just saw God Of War reviews and people say that it's possibly the best game of this generation, and I just hope that SOTTR will at least get a 9+ score and much praise, I know TR2013 got that score and so ROTTR but I just miss the old days when Lara was standing out in so many other games releases, she was a beast back then.
I just hope Tomb Raider will redeem its name sometime.
I know the reboot is the most successful game in the franchise and got a lot of praise but I felt like something is missing, I realised that TR is not a big deal for gamers anymore, rarely you see TR to be in the top games of a gamer that is not a fan of the franchise. And you can see this with the new puzzle on their site, only 5000 poeple in the whole world to complete it, and took 4 days to a week to be completed.
I hope the promo for SOTTR will be better and the game too.
Will TR be mainstream again?

I hope you guys don't attack me and pls try to understand what I'm saying.

biscuits 13-04-18 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7855360)
So I just saw God Of War reviews and people say that it's possibly the best game of this generation, and I just hope that SOTTR will at least get a 9+ score and much praise, I know TR2013 got that score and so ROTTR but I just miss the old days when Lara was standing out in so many other games releases, she was a beast back then.
I know the reboot is the most successful game in the franchise and got a lot of praise but I felt like something is missing, I realised that TR is not a big deal for gamers anymore, rarely you see TR to be in the top games of a gamer that is not a fan of the franchise. And you can see this with the new puzzle on their site, only 5000 poeple in the whole world to complete it, and took 4 days to a week to be completed.

Why does public perception matter to you so much? If you like something you like it.

Portugalraider 13-04-18 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7855360)
I hope the promo for SOTTR will be better and the game too.

Yeah, like Nier:Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Zelda: Breath of the Wild were also "The Best Game of this Generation TM" last year. Not saying those games aren't good (at least Breath of the Wild is amazing and deserves all its praise), but there have been so many "Games of the Generation" that is basically a meaningless thing to say about a great game.

Vaskito 13-04-18 10:04

I'll be glad if Shadow get at least as much praise as TR2013 and Rise. Both were critically acclaimed, so this is what I wish for SOTTR

Mani_Man 13-04-18 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 7855421)
Yeah, like Nier:Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Zelda: Breath of the Wild were also "The Best Game of this Generation TM" last year. Not saying those games aren't good (at least Breath of the Wild is amazing and deserves all its praise), but there have been so many "Games of the Generation" that is basically a meaningless thing to say about a great game.

Except it isnt meaningless.
Many games can define a Video Game Generation, there is not THE one Generation defining Game.
I dont see the problem with the new GOW being considered a Generation defining game at the moment.

FanosCroft 13-04-18 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mani_Man (Post 7855430)
Many games can define a Video Game Generation, there is not THE one Generation defining Game.
I dont see the problem with the new GOW being considered a Generation defining game at the moment.

Like TR1 (but not only) defined the PS1 era, that's what I'm saying, which ROTTR missed this mark, so TR2013.

Portugalraider 13-04-18 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mani_Man (Post 7855430)

It is meaningless because who's to say, especially so soon? I'd say a game becomes a generation defining one when every other game tries to basically copy what that game did, stating that the ideas and mechanics of it are so good, they deserve to be implemented in other games.

Not saying it can't be the case for God of War or any of the games I've stated before. Hell, I can see the true open world nature of Breath of the Wild and the deep exploration of philosophical themes by action gameplay on Nier:Automata as things that will be used by other developers, making them true games of the generation. But until we don't see the copies coming, they are just great games.

Vaskito 13-04-18 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7855435)
Like TR1 (but not only) defined the PS1 era, that's what I'm saying, which ROTTR missed this mark, so TR2013.

It would be almost impossible to TR to define an era now. TR isn't as popular as many franchises, such as Grand Theft Auto, Call of Dutty, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, etc.