www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

NoahCrofRaider 15-04-18 21:19

I think and hope that Jonah is just going to be in a flashback cutscene or something. I don't hate Jonah, in fact I really like him, but he has no reason to stick around in Shadow.

Ellioft 15-04-18 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 7856465)
My favourite characters were Whitman, Ana, Konstantin and Jacob. :p
There are all dead. :o

Whitman ? But why ?? :confused:

I agree for Ana, Konstantin and Jacob :)

TheShadowOfMe 15-04-18 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7855957)
What easter eggs would you guys like to see?

Kinda too late for this party, but what about this:

Lara saying: "Looks like I am that kind of Croft.", in a more confident way.

I think it would fit, since it's the last part of triology, and it would make a full circle, and also reminder of Roth. TBH I'd like that very very much, and it would make me so emotional. :cry:

kathrynnn 15-04-18 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe (Post 7856484)

I think it would fit, since it's the last part of triology, and it would make a full circle, and also reminder of Roth. TBH I'd like that very very much, and it would make me so emotional. :cry:

ugh yes, that would be iconic.

Hazelphoenix 15-04-18 21:59

Quote:

Oh, I kinda like this. It would make perfect sense, Lara Croft finally coming to terms with the fact that she’s, in fact, that kind of Croft and that’s the lifestyle she WANTS to follow.

I also liked how they handled this in the movie to be honest.

Leon2703 15-04-18 22:32

Quote:

I still am trying to figure out what they mean by "that kind of Croft". Her father was seen as joke, and there is no much background on her ancestors to conclude anything.

iWANEX 15-04-18 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon2703 (Post 7856496)
I still am trying to figure out what they mean by "that kind of Croft". Her father was seen as joke, and there is no much background on her ancestors to conclude anything.

I think Blackmoor explained it beautifully here:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=103

Daft Raider 15-04-18 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7856500)
I think Blackmoor explained it beautifully here:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=103

Kind of off topic, but in that post they said Von Cory was only a plot device and there wasnít any underlying theme but I have to disagree. Von Cory showed the ruins and the artifact in Angkor Wat disrespect which is why he ended up injuring himself, getting stuck, buried alive and almost died with Lara almost dying herself. Flash forward to Lara carelessly ripping off the Ankh and releasing Set from his tomb. She didnít pay attention, and was disrespectful to the ruins, the artifact and almost ended the world. She set things right, but at the end she was exhausted (injured), buried alive, and almost died because she was careless and didnít learn anything from Von Coryís mistakes all those years before. Itís a direct parallel and underlying theme in the story.

Remember, ďDisrespect is the root to carelessness.Ē ;)

iWANEX 15-04-18 23:16

It is off topic and Blackmoor might not read your response. You might consider replying on the original thread or a pm.

Zsott 15-04-18 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7855957)
What easter eggs would you guys like to see?

Something from the LAU era.

I mean as much as I love those references to the classics in Blood ties and overall in the last game (classic skins, weapon etc), they did not come up with anything from their games.
When the classic outfits were revealed for Rise, I honestly expected to see a Legend or Underworld outfit. (since both of them had reboot compatible outfit: for example 'Jungle heavy' from Underworld)