www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

JonahImHere 17-09-18 10:50

I love Camilla and a lot of people here already thinks she's lara, but that acting my gosh. Some of you said she's not overly dramatic in this one but she still is. They need a new script writer and a new voice actress. The breathy sounds Camilla makes along with the cheesy dialogue is just unpleasant to hear. Don't even get me started with those poorly acted "Oh, god no!", "Oh No!!!" et cetera in the middle of setpieces when she's sliding, or the floor is breaking.

I was really excited and hopeful about the voice acting this time because people have been saying it improved big time. But from what I've seen myself, it may even be the worst out of the three. The script was poorly written, a lot of times where she does not sound genuine, and those breathy sounds I just cannot!!!! TR2013 will still be my favourite. There were times where she's overly dramatic (totally reasonable times), but there are also a lot of times where Camilla is using her low tone voice, laid back.

Trust me I love Camilla, I binge watch videos of her speaking in her british accent, I even got my 2 questions answered by her and earl during the Q&A E3 panel. But after 3 games, I think we need a new Lara Croft VA especially since her image with be different this time. Also, that scriptwriter *****.....

-DaNnEe.. 17-09-18 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 7979544)
I think from the sound of things your game may be glitched. :(

:( I hope they fix this

Vaskito 17-09-18 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7979549)
If you quote this, please remove the white text. I didn't go in the spoiler thread to ask as I'm still wary of spoilers to come.

You still have a lot ahead of you :jmp:

Rai 17-09-18 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7979554)
You still have a lot ahead of you :jmp:

Good to know. It's odd because while playing it felt quite end-like, yet it still felt wrong, too early.

iWANEX 17-09-18 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7979549)
I'm curious. My son decided he wanted to mainly stick to the main story path for now. It feels too soon, yet also not, so are we near the end?

I would say you're still halfway through the end. Specially if you keep exploring and doing secondary quests.

LegendLuvr24 17-09-18 11:07

I'm not even finished with the game, and it's battling for my third (or maybe even second) favorite Tomb Raider of the entire series. This game is phenomenal, and significantly better than Rise (and even TR2013) in every aspect.

Vaskito 17-09-18 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegendLuvr24 (Post 7979568)
I'm not even finished with the game, and it's battling for my third (or maybe even second) favorite Tomb Raider of the entire series. This game is phenomenal, and significantly better than Rise (and even TR2013) in every aspect.

To me, personally, it only lacks with the ending. I mean, I like the ending, but I like it as if Shadow was a standalone adventure. I think it lacks when it's the end of the Trilogy instead. It's still emotional, and it makes me teary, but i feel it lacks something

johnanonymouz 17-09-18 11:18

Does anyone know if you can play during the night? It doesnt seem like time passes when you travel between camps and its annoying cause this game looks so much better during the night!

Mani_Man 17-09-18 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7979571)
To me, personally, it only lacks with the ending. I mean, I like the ending, but I like it as if Shadow was a standalone adventure. I think it lacks when it's the end of the Trilogy instead. It's still emotional, and it makes me teary, but i feel it lacks something

Thats what the whole game so far feels, im probably at 40% or so and the game didnt once really touch on the story on a personal level.

Its the final of the origins trilogy and yet there is no real focus on Lara herself.
Even the Dream/flashback didnt tell us more that connects to the overall plot of Shadow.

Yeah you need to stop Trinity, but neither her obsession nor her need for this is shown.
Its like Lara goes on a simple adventure to get that Box.

Next to Trinity the second biggest problem of the Reboot is that they decided on a Origin Trilogy.
Thats a huge problem when you shift the focus away from Lara and more towards a certain plot that shifts the focus away from Lara as the anchor point and towards the artifact or reason to be the anchor point.

LegendLuvr24 17-09-18 12:00

Off topic but as I said on reddit: I think one of the most redeeming qualities of this game is the extraordinary use of color. Rise became so boring to me on replays because it literally was the drabbest color scheme ever. Greys, neutrals, and muted tones. Even with the game taking place across some very varied locations, everything kinda blurred together.

This game, despite taking place literally in the same region pretty much all the way through, never feels 'old' or repeated, because there's so much color that every new place you discover feels completely new. I've lost count on how many times I've just gone "wow" in this game.