www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

AshesBorn 21-09-18 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7985216)
Her family issues weren't solved by the end of blood ties, especially her father's death

Imo they did provide just enough closure, except for maybe finding out who was responsible for Richard's death. Yet we're still following daddy's notes and getting childhood flashbacks in SOTTR.

Those final speeches are meant to hype you up for the potential sequel, but they're totally inconsequential since, as we've learned, CD aren't big on long-term planning and are more than willing to retcon or disregard previously established stuff.

Princess_Paige 21-09-18 11:10

I’m fully expecting them to merge reboot Lara with LAU Lara in the next game. I’ve been noticing more and more lately that the general public is getting bored of this Lara and survivor games. Next time around they’ll wanna grab people’s attention again. I also think gameplay will be entirely revamped into something more classic/LAU inspired.

Vaskito 21-09-18 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshesBorn (Post 7985226)
Imo they did provide just enough closure, except for maybe finding out who was responsible for Richard's death. Yet we're still following daddy's notes and getting childhood flashbacks in SOTTR.

Those final speeches are meant to hype you up for the potential sequel, but they're totally inconsequential since, as we've learned, CD aren't big on long-term planning and are more than willing to retcon or disregard previously established stuff.

I would be pissed if Shadow didn't address those issues.
She was following the last clue about Trinity, the guys who killed her father. She found out he was killed by them. If she just shrugged it off, and was like "whatever" it would be pretty stupid.
Shadow adressed this issue, and it finally gave it closure, and NOW it's when I expect no more parental issues for whatever comes next. The origin is over, so I expect the next adventures to be focused in the myths, and the story about it, and not in Lara. I feel I finally have a grounded Lara, now I'm interested in her adventures with the character I fully know

AshesBorn 21-09-18 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7985235)
Shadow adressed this issue, and it finally gave it closure, and NOW it's when I expect no more parental issues for whatever comes next. The origin is over, so I expect the next adventures to be focused in the myths, and the story about it, and not in Lara. I feel I finally have a grounded Lara, now I'm interested in her adventures with the character I fully know

We had too many "and NOW" moments in the past that didn't really amount to anything. :) The franchise could go anywhere from here, there's absolutely no guarantee that SOTTR's ending won't be disregarded.

Mani_Man 21-09-18 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7985229)
Iím fully expecting them to merge reboot Lara with LAU Lara in the next game. Iíve been noticing more and more lately that the general public is getting bored of this Lara and survivor games. Next time around theyíll wanna grab peopleís attention again. I also think gameplay will be entirely revamped into something more classic/LAU inspired.

True but that has less to do with the character or the world and more with the games being too similar and not doing really "groundbreaking" new things.
They are nicely done, most people who played them will say that...but its a bit like with the LAU games...they didnt light a fire under the people.

In the Reboots case its the Origins thing that held them back and put the brakes on.
They need to go all out with this, the world that they have, has enough variety.

That is the only thing really were i would say: "Look at the classics"...A bit more "over the top" style would do the Reboot universe good.

Princess_Paige 21-09-18 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mani_Man (Post 7985246)
True but that has less to do with the character or the world and more with the games being too similar and not doing really "groundbreaking" new things.
They are nicely done, most people who played them will say that...but its a bit like with the LAU games...they didnt light a fire under the people.

In the Reboots case its the Origins thing that held them back and put the brakes on.
They need to go all out with this, the world that they have, has enough variety.

That is the only thing really were i would say: "Look at the classics"...A bit more "over the top" style would do the Reboot universe good.

There is that, but there’s also an increasing amount of people (even casuals) wanting to see Lara be more like her classic self (with each release i’m seeing these comments more and more) Dual pistols and all. I do believe they will likely go in this direction for the next game, completely revamped and likely on a new engine with brand new animations. I can also see them completely dropping the survivor aspects in favour of something more classic.

biscuits 21-09-18 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7985217)
I'm interested to hear your thoughts in Paige's thread about whether we think this reboot was intended to be a trilogy. I think I referenced something you said the other day in that thread, but I can't remember if it was you who said it now :)

Done. I wrote an entire rant that you'll probably enjoy :p

Mani_Man 21-09-18 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7985254)
There is that, but thereís also an increasing amount of people (even casuals) wanting to see Lara be more like her classic self (with each release iím seeing these comments more and more) Dual pistols and all. I do believe they will likely go in this direction for the next game, completely revamped and likely on a new engine with brand new animations. I can also see them completely dropping the survivor aspects in favour of something more classic.

Could be, we will need to wait.
That Square seemed to be so hellbent on keeping away the classic influence is a bit of a mystery to me.

Yeah i think its not needed, they could absolutly make this all work without her having shorts or the duals...but its madness to think you can keep them away for long.
Going to the Duals or a more acrobatic movement was always a natural progress that they cant stop.

just_love_her 21-09-18 11:38

Can we talk about how beautiful the soundtrack and general sound design is? Especially the violins, god, the violins in Mission of San Juan and Lara's Dream. The intense drums in Cenote adding to the horror.

My favorite tracks in OST are Ruins at Cozumel, Lara's Dream and The Chosen.

Princess_Paige 21-09-18 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mani_Man (Post 7985259)
Could be, we will need to wait.
That Square seemed to be so hellbent on keeping away the classic influence is a bit of a mystery to me.

Yeah i think its not needed, they could absolutly make this all work without her having shorts or the duals...but its madness to think you can keep them away for long.
Going to the Duals or a more acrobatic movement was always a natural progress that they cant stop.

Yup I agree, they can’t push those things away forever, sooner or later something has to give. For me personally I have enjoyed the trilogy a lot, but I’m bored with it now, I really miss classic/LAU Lara a lot, and it seems a lot of the gaming community does too.


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.