www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Princess_Paige 21-09-18 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 7985444)
I assume that's true without going back and listening right now. I never thought it was good enough then either, but I certainty don't think it's gotten any better over the years.

Tbh I actually never had any issue with Camilla’s acting until Rise.
I assume she sounded more British in TR13 because she started shooting it a long long time ago probably before her accent started to change so drastically. She still was a little American sounding but not as much. I also think her overall acting and tone in that game are actually pretty good, for a young inexperienced Lara.

Legends 21-09-18 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7985443)
Handle it Werner was always iconic haha

I think I do overall like Jonell's voice the most. I think maybe alongside Shelley, her voice is the most perfect for a rebellious Lara who is outcast from the aristocracy, who has let her "perfect" accent slip a little bit. Judith and Keeley, while I love their work and sound for Lara still, they're more straight upper-class sounding.

Also this makes me love her as well. I wanna be friends with this Lara;

Oh, I love Jonell. She's seems like such a lovely person, and I do love her voice. I woudn't be mad if she came back. There is something very piercing about her voice too, and it's a quality I like. Her accent is also great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7985448)
Tbh I actually never had any issue with Camilla’s acting until Rise.
I assume she sounded more British in TR13 because she started shooting it a long long time ago probably before her accent started to change so drastically. She still was a little American sounding but not as much. I also think her overall acting and tone in that game are actually pretty good, for a young inexperienced Lara.

I had problem with her accent and acting immediately, and I hated how she sounded in 2013, but I do believe she might have sounded slightly more British then. It also becomes more annoying to listen to over time, for me it does anyway. Maybe I could have forgiven one game with horrible acting and accents, but not three games.

Princess_Paige 21-09-18 15:18

I’d be really curious to hear what Camilla’s accent sounded like before she moved to America

Samz 21-09-18 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mani_Man (Post 7985440)
You do know who reyes is right?

The woman who is stranded on an island with weird murdering people while her daughter waits for her.
The woman who has to bury the father of her child while being on the island with the woman that this man treated more like a daughter than their own.
(Okay he probably didnt knew that the child was her daughter, but still, look at it from reyes perspective)
The woman who then has to trust Lara on a hunch to go deeper into the island while sitting on their only escape route that could bring her back to her daughter.

Probably in the whole Tomb Raider series she is the only person who really has an excuse why she acts like an A hole.

Like I said though, the whole daughter thing? only comes up in a missable (And I did infact miss it) note, if it was actually part of her character and she eventually more properly aplogised or if Lara finding notes was forced for "story" Notes (Aka important stuff like the ritual while everything else being optional) Lara could have confronted her with that.

The fact its ONLY in documents makes it feel like an excuse to me.

Legends 21-09-18 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7985452)
I’d be really curious to hear what Camilla’s accent sounded like before she moved to America

Yeah, me too. :ponder:

Princess_Paige 21-09-18 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 7985459)
Yeah, me too. :ponder:

I tried to do research on this. Stumbled across a scene of her from californication. Can’t unsee what I saw

Blackmoor 21-09-18 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mani_Man (Post 7985440)
You do know who reyes is right?

The woman who is stranded on an island with weird murdering people while her daughter waits for her.
The woman who has to bury the father of her child while being on the island with the woman that this man treated more like a daughter than their own.
(Okay he probably didnt knew that the child was her daughter, but still, look at it from reyes perspective)
The woman who then has to trust Lara on a hunch to go deeper into the island while sitting on their only escape route that could bring her back to her daughter.

Probably in the whole Tomb Raider series she is the only person who really has an excuse why she acts like an A hole.

Yes but why didn't she just tell Roth that her daughter was his. It doesn't make ANY sense.

And if she had told Roth, why was he investing some much time being there for Lara and not his own daughter. And why was Reyes putting up with it? Why hadn't she walked away from him if that were the case and so not be wasting time on an island burying the father of her daughter (who cared more for someone else's daughter) and being away from her daughter.

Legends 21-09-18 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7985472)
I tried to do research on this. Stumbled across a scene of her from californication. Can’t unsee what I saw

Tell me! ...or show me rather.

Mani_Man 21-09-18 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmoor (Post 7985476)
Yes but why didn't she just tell Roth that her daughter was his. It doesn't make ANY sense. And if she had told Roth, why was he investing some much time being there for Lara and not his own daughter. And why was Reyes putting up with it? Why hadn't she walked away from him and so not be wasting time on an island burying the father of her daughter and being away from him daughter.

These are questions they could have answered in future games instead of completely forgetting about the characters from the first game.

Princess_Paige 21-09-18 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 7985478)
Tell me! ...or show me rather.

Just look up Camilla Luddington Californication on YT, click on the video with her in the spa pool with the bald guy.