www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

just*raidin*tomb 24-09-18 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daft Raider (Post 7987861)
That's how I felt once I got to Paititi as well. At that point I just went to the main objective and that was it, I couldn't be bothered to explore Paititi at all.

Same, Paititi was dreadfully boring. Its full of side stuff and most of it just dreadful. I mean why do I want to run around this space and talk to five people and listen to this boring conversation and then go to the original person who asked me to do this and then have him tell me what I learned? I learned not to waste my time tbh.

Plus Paititi feels off to me, like in previous hubs you could explore everything, and climb on anything and that was the fun part but all you can do is run and you can hardly climb at all. I think that's one reason it felt so boring. Something about this game felt so incredibly linear.

Daft Raider 24-09-18 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 7987863)
Same, Paititi was dreadfully boring. Its full of side stuff and most of it just dreadful. I mean why do I want to run around this space and talk to five people and listen to this boring conversation and then go to the original person who asked me to do this and then have him tell me what I learned? I learned not to waste my time tbh.

Plus Paititi feels off to me, like in previous hubs you could explore everything, and climb on anything and that was the fun part but all you can do is run and you can hardly climb at all. I think that's one reason it felt so boring.

11 SIDE MISSIONS. 11! They were everywhere! And I couldn't be bothered to do any of them. When I went to the base camp to just have a moment to myself, Jonah started pestering me there! Unbelievable! Can't a girl have a moment of silence?!

Jonah: Hey, Lara, when you have a minute, come here.."

Me getting up from the base camp knowing full well it's another side mission:

https://i.imgur.com/CaHv9T9.gif

charmedangelin 24-09-18 04:59

I hate side quests, they feel so empty and meaningless. The amount of time and effort put into the side quests could have been better spent on polishing and providing a more detailed TR experience.

Leon2703 24-09-18 05:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 7987870)
I hate side quests, they feel so empty and meaningless. The amount of time and effort put into the side quests could have been better spent on polishing and providing a more detailed TR experience.

What ‘amount of time and effort’? :tea:

New Dwight 24-09-18 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenchiKun96 (Post 7987727)
The challenge tombs are definitely the best part of the game,I'm so sad now that I've finished all of them...I can't even pick a favorite because they're all so amazing.

The challenge tombs really put my skills to the test. Certainly nailed it Shadow has with tombs.

Princess_Paige 24-09-18 08:10

I can’t find the last two crypts in Paititi anywhere. I’ve been playing since the 12th and still can’t find them. And it doesn’t help that I cannot access certain areas because the traveling merchant disappeared from my game after I finished the story so I can’t get the knife upgrade

Ahmier 24-09-18 08:33

Ok so Shadow delivered in exploration and puzzles.(putting imo here so I donít create fire.) So I hope they bring back the LAU platforming to make an outstanding TR.

Lukass 24-09-18 08:50

I agree Paititi is kind of boring. I couldn't be arsed to play the side missions. I tried two and then gave up.

Vaskito 24-09-18 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahmier (Post 7987970)
Ok so Shadow delivered in exploration and puzzles.(putting imo here so I donít create fire.) So I hope they bring back the LAU platforming to make an outstanding TR.

What did LAU have in platforming that Survivor doesn't?

Nerdy 24-09-18 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7987983)
What did LAU have in platforming that Survivor doesn't?

Freedom in controls. You could duck wherever you wanted mostly. No scripted walking (except qtes and cinematics and Japan level)