www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

AntRaidsTombs 24-11-18 23:41

I didn’t get anything lol. Wait let me check.

tomee 24-11-18 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliParker (Post 8015467)
Just because new fans are liking it, doesn't mean EM/CD are off the hook. They still have alot of work ahead of them to make sure the game runs smoothly.

Just because the game runs smoothly for you, doesn't mean there are no issues. Currently I had audio clipping every once in a while, and others are reporting crashes on DX12.

What are you talking about? Off the hook? It's just a Steam rating. :vlol: The game is still being supported with updated content for the next 6 months and we are still getting patches.

Quote:

Doesn't mean we as a fanbase should cave in, and accept it. EM/CD trolled fans with another video that shows Lara with her default outfit in Paititi. So for this to change, people will have to let CD/EM know everyday, until it gets resolved.
Again with the dramatic language. It's literally their product and they can do whatever they want with it. Nobody is forced to like it. I actually want the outfit restriction removed too, but I'm not too hot and bothered about it. It's actually really incredible and amusing how upset some users get about it though.

Vaskito 24-11-18 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 8015530)
It's literally their product and they can do whatever they want with it. Nobody is forced to like it. I actually want the outfit restriction removed too, but I'm not too hot and bothered about it. It's actually really incredible and amusing how upset some users get about it though.

You tell them how it is, sis!

EliParker 25-11-18 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 8015530)
What are you talking about? Off the hook? It's just a Steam rating. :vlol: The game is still being supported with updated content for the next 6 months and we are still getting patches.

That the rating should reflect how the game is now. Currently, I can't use my Xbox One controller. And when I use my PS4 controller, the L1 doesn't work. So this is the fault of the devs, and a lot of other people are having the same issue.

Quote:

Again with the dramatic language. It's literally their product and they can do whatever they want with it. Nobody is forced to like it. I actually want the outfit restriction removed too, but I'm not too hot and bothered about it. It's actually really incredible and amusing how upset some users get about it though.
If on Day 1, they came out and said "for Paititi, you can only wear a certain outfit", then I wouldn't be so upset (I would still find it odd). Currently, they have shown us two different videos with Lara wearing her default outfit in Paititi.

TrustyBow 25-11-18 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 8015357)
I’m watching Planet Earth on BBC America and they are talking about Cenotes. Shadow really did do a good job with the Cenote and underwater caves. Watching this documentary is amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 8015474)
Yes Cenotes are real. I believe it was called Planet Earth “Jungles”. They really did a good job in Shadow capturing the essence of the jungle and other aspects.

Thanks for the recommendation. Gonna have to check that out.

Ever since Shadow came out I've been obsessed with videos of caves and spelunking.

AntRaidsTombs 25-11-18 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 8015580)
Thanks for the recommendation. Gonna have to check that out.

Ever since Shadow came out I've been obsessed with videos of caves and spelunking.

Yes!!! They also had howlers in it too.

Princess_Paige 25-11-18 03:26

Anyone else get the feeling that the last dlc is probably gonna have things from the classic games like the braid, duals and classic outfit e.c.t? Cause they’d get major backlash for that. I mean this was the game that she was supposed to “become the tomb raider” so they must have something planned for the last dlc. I hope I’m wrong, but I can totally see them doing something like that

ShutUpReyes 25-11-18 03:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 8015596)
Anyone else get the feeling that the last dlc is probably gonna have things from the classic games like the braid, duals and classic outfit e.c.t? Cause they’d get major backlash for that. I mean this was the game that she was supposed to “become the tomb raider” so they must have something planned for the last dlc. I hope I’m wrong, but I can totally see them doing something like that

If they give her back her classic iconography as part of a DLC I'll be pretty pissed tbh. Should have been in the game itself, but I think just putting it out as DLC will be adding insult to injury.

charmedangelin 25-11-18 03:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutUpReyes (Post 8015597)
If they give her back her classic iconography as part of a DLC I'll be pretty pissed tbh. Should have been in the game itself, but I think just putting it out as DLC will be adding insult to injury.

Same, but I doubt they'd do it. EM doesn't want her to have anything classic. All they care about is making sure she is as far removed as she can get. I'm sure if the game was under CD we may have gotten this in game since they allowed the dlc of Rise to have so many classic call backs and even allowed the creation of the skins. If we want classic elements then we need another developer, one that perferably was away from Sqeenix influence.

Princess_Paige 25-11-18 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8015599)
Same, but I doubt they'd do it. EM doesn't want her to have anything classic. All they care about is making sure she is as far removed as she can get. I'm sure if the game was under CD we may have gotten this in game since they allowed the dlc of Rise to have so many classic call backs and even allowed the creation of the skins. If we want classic elements then we need another developer, one that perferably was away from Sqeenix influence.

A possible reason for those things not returning in Shadow is because they may be planned as part of the dlc. Either way I think it’s extremely bizzare that she didn’t get any of those things when that’s what most gamers were expecting/hoping for. I mean what better way to get people talking about the game. GOW4 did it and people were lapping it up. Tbh I found a lot of the choices that they made very bizzare given it’s supposed to be the end of Lara’s origin. There’s so much they could have done with it.