www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

LateRaider 27-02-19 17:56

Y'all, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Tomb Raider is kind of a B-series among AAA titles. It's never going to pull in Red Dead Redemption 2, Spider-Man 2018, or Call of Duty numbers, let alone getting close to Fortnite's audience. TR1, TR2, and TR2013 are outliers in this regard. And TBH, TR2 only sold well because it was riding TR1's hype. The sooner you all realize that, the sooner we can move on.

charmedangelin 27-02-19 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateRaider (Post 8048511)
Y'all, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Tomb Raider is kind of a B-series among AAA titles. It's never going to pull in Red Dead Redemption 2, Spider-Man 2018, or Call of Duty numbers, let alone getting close to Fortnite's audience. TR1, TR2, and TR2013 are outliers in this regard. And TBH, TR2 only sold well because it was riding TR1's hype. The sooner you all realize that, the sooner we can move on.

Sqeenix needs to realize that TR will never be the AAA piggy bank they want and expect it to be.

It's evident now more then before that going AAA just wasn't right for TR. It just isn't the kind of game that a massive audience will find appealing enough to purchase like The games you listed.

johnanonymouz 27-02-19 18:19

Quote:

I agree but Tomb Raider 2013 is in a category of its own when it comes to numbers. Not with I or II.

Vaskito 27-02-19 18:20

Quote:

That's true

Samz 27-02-19 19:40

Quote:

Hence why it should cater to it's niche instead of trying to get those uncharted numbers.

Athukraz 27-02-19 20:18

Quote:

I agree. Wish they could prove us wrong but I have no more expectations when it comes to TR and I'll be done waiting. When it happens, it happens. Will it surprise me? Hopefully. But I don't expect it to

LateRaider 27-02-19 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 8048544)
Hence why it should cater to it's niche instead of trying to get those uncharted numbers.

I can agree to that, actually. But honestly... I feel like Uncharted is kind of niche too, it just does better due to stronger character writing and being able to take advantage of console exclusive graphics rendering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8048553)
I agree. Wish they could prove us wrong but I have no more expectations when it comes to TR and I'll be done waiting. When it happens, it happens. Will it surprise me? Hopefully. But I don't expect it to

I'm not sure if I conveyed the nuance of my message properly, so I wanted to clarify that I meant that TR has always been a semi-niche series. Even starting with the first. Lara blew up as an openly female protagonist that had the vavoom factor, and TRII was riding TRI's coattails. That's exactly why TRII was the biggest seller until TR 2013. And TBH... I feel like TR 2013 mostly sold due to hype generated.

johnanonymouz 27-02-19 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 8048544)

this niche fandom is also split in two. the fandom as a whole is niche so catering to the smallest group in the already niche fandom means literally no profit.

Ms.LaraCroft 28-02-19 02:44

I need help, do you guys think getting the season pass over getting everything separate is a better idea? And what's everything you get free with it?

Just curious because of the deal on the season pass.

xspacedude 28-02-19 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.LaraCroft (Post 8048673)
I need help, do you guys think getting the season pass over getting everything separate is a better idea? And what's everything you get free with it?

Just curious because of the deal on the season pass.

Get the season pass. Only 6 of the DLC will be sold as a stand-alone. With the season pass you’ll get 7 tombs, 14 outfits and weapons, 7 skills and 7 side quests.