www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

charmedangelin 08-05-19 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 8086167)
How about we accept that there's NO "right" , "wrong" , "truth" or "understandable-s" when it comes to different opinions about entertainment mediums and call it a day ?

Your gem could be someone else's trash , and vise versa . No one is right , no one is wrong . Everyone's opinion/taste is valid and matters . @everyone .

Honestly , this kind of attitude is so toxic and exhausting .

But this doesn't apply for sexy Lara right? Because plenty would say your wrong and that reboot Lara is better because she no longer has any sex appeal.

Let's also recognize that not everything is relative and some truths are indeed absolute.

Reboot being reboot is absolute, Classic being the Tomb Raider is also absolute.

Vaskito 08-05-19 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 8086173)
I don't think that was necessarily hypocritical of Vaskito, I mean he does have a pretty solid point, look at the amount of people who negatively reacted to his Classic Lara comment even though it wasn't serious. The same never happens when someone trash talks reboot Lara, so it must be really tiring to be a fan of hers around here sometimes, some members definitely go overboard with their petty hate and nonsensical arguments.

I do think however that stooping to the same level as those people isn't the answer. We all know who are the authors of those notoriously free hate posts regarding the reboot, and nothing we say will change their mind so why bother really? Don't waste your breath, just move on and ignore. Dialogue doesn't really with some of them anyway and they won't stop their shade on reboot Lara so mess with the hornet's nest?

I don't think treating Classic Lara harshly will solve or even make us reflect hard upon anything. At the end of the day she is still a character loved by many and the one who most grew up with around here, and she is still gone replaced by this new iteration that got more and more unrecognizable as things went on. Classic Lara is still dead and shelved, unlike the reboot. I don't think it's fair to expected the reaction between both Laras to be equal, some of us grieve her loss more than others, and no matter how many "reboot Laura is whiny and annoying" posts there are daily, at the end of the day it's reboot Lara who will get more games, not classic. She is the one who will get attention from now on, it's her fans that will be pleased in the future.

Thank you for getting my point Victor, and I mostly agree with what you've posted. There really isn't any point of going to the same level, but it's tiring watching so much double standardness around here. My post was simply an experiment - I don't meant to harshly mistreat CLara - , and all of the overreactions prove exactly my point. You already saw people literally saying it's okay to trash talk RBLara and not okay to do it to CLara. I mean, is there anything else I can say? I think this alone speaks volumes already.

And people know me pretty well that I'm frontal with how I feel. If I actually felt that way, I would admit to it without any issue whatsoever.

biscuits 08-05-19 16:42

Quote:

I don't think that was necessarily hypocritical of Vaskito, I mean he does have a pretty solid point, look at the amount of people who negatively reacted to his Classic Lara comment even though it wasn't serious. The same never happens when someone trash talks reboot Lara, so it must be really tiring to be a fan of hers around here sometimes, some members definitely go overboard with their petty hate and nonsensical arguments.

I do think however that stooping to the same level as those people isn't the answer. We all know who are the authors of those notoriously free hate posts regarding the reboot, and nothing we say will change their mind so why bother really? Don't waste your breath, just move on and ignore. Dialogue doesn't really with some of them anyway and they won't stop their shade on reboot Lara so mess with the hornet's nest?

I don't think treating Classic Lara harshly will solve or even make us reflect hard upon anything. At the end of the day she is still a character loved by many and the one who most grew up with around here, and she is still gone replaced by this new iteration that got more and more unrecognizable as things went on. Classic Lara is still dead and shelved, unlike the reboot. I don't think it's fair to expected the reaction between both Laras to be equal, some of us grieve her loss more than others, and no matter how many "reboot Laura is whiny and annoying" posts there are daily, at the end of the day it's reboot Lara who will get more games, not classic. She is the one who will get attention from now on, it's her fans that will be pleased in the future.

True.

charmedangelin 08-05-19 16:44

Quote:

no matter how many "reboot Laura is whiny and annoying" posts there are daily, at the end of the day it's reboot Lara who will get more games, not classic. She is the one who will get attention from now on, it's her fans that will be pleased in the future.

And that is what I find most offensive because classic Lara should always be in the spot light.

She built this fan base after all, not reboot. Reboot came in with a giant club and tried beat classic and classic fans into the ground demanding respect that was never earned.

Linoshi Croft 08-05-19 16:47

Quote:

I do think however that stooping to the same level as those people isn't the answer.

Bingo! Though, I still stand by my opinion that it is indeed hypocritical, as separate to this conversation there has been serious distasteful comments on classic Lara. Pus, stooping to their level, as you put it is double standards.

I just think it's important to practice what you preach.

Vaskito 08-05-19 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 8086181)
as separate to this conversation he's been very serious about speaking distastefully of Classic Lara.

No, I have not. Stop lying. Even you are better than that.
You saw me posting about her having a one-dimentional personality mostly made out of wittyness and one-lines, and me feeling more attached to RBLara for more rounded she feels to me personally.

Lara_Fan1 08-05-19 16:50

Raise your hand, if like me, you're a fan of every variation of Lara Croft and is stuck in the middle? :vlol:.
Honestly, do people not tire of the same arguments? That go absolutely nowhere?

charmedangelin 08-05-19 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8086184)
No, I have not. Stop lying. Even you are better than that.
You saw me posting about her having a one-dimentional personality mostly made out of wittyness and one-lines, and me feeling more attached to RBLara for more rounded she feels to me personally.

You also applaud the fact that one of her key character traits was removed and claimed up and down how right they were to do so and how no one could disagree with it and if they did you didn't care.

You've been very up front with your hatred for classic Lara.

Patrick star 08-05-19 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 8086181)
Bingo! Though, I still stand by my opinion that it is indeed hypocritical, as separate to this conversation he's been very serious about speaking distastefully of Classic Lara.

He specifically claimed that even though he grew up with her , he ended up preferring the reboot iteration , and he even bothers to put up a detailed and elaborate explanation behind this preference .

His tone could get heated at times , but it's enough that he never states his preference as the ultimate hard golden fact , he never belittled others for preferring another iteration , and he definitely didn't go like "only those with very bad standards could prefer X" and call that "the goddamn truth" , something practiced by none other than the member you happened to defend .

Vaskito 08-05-19 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 8086186)
Raise your hand, if like me, you're a fan of every variation of Lara Croft and is stuck in the middle? :vlol:.
Honestly, do people not tire of the same arguments? That go absolutely nowhere?

O/

I'm a fan of every game variation of Lara Croft, with the current iteration of her being the one that I love the most.