www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Grimaldi 25-08-19 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelikeLara (Post 8124871)
So my point is, why haven't we heard a thing yet??

Good question. :admles:

Raider8 25-08-19 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelikeLara (Post 8124871)
So I just decided to Google 'Shadow of the tomb raider definitive edition' and I got a couple of results that it had been added to the Steam database, and it'd also been rated in Korea under PC and Xbox, but these results were from around June time...
September is in a weeks time and so roughly 3 weeks until the 1 year Anniversary (can't believe it's here already!)
So my point is, why haven't we heard a thing yet??

The fact that the DE is rated makes me think that the DE is ready and can be announced any day but knowing that there's complete silence from them makes me wonder if they're to release it November or December.

jhons0529 25-08-19 16:11

Doesn't having ratings done mean its release is very close by?
I estimated DLC8 would be out September but if we're getting a definitive edition I would have thought it would be one or two years...

January if its late and early October if its coming out quickly is my new guess.
I hate this wait.

isanvel 25-08-19 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhons0529 (Post 8124940)
I estimated DLC8 would be out September but if we're getting a definitive edition I would have thought it would be one or two years...

January if its late and early October if its coming out quickly is my new guess.
I hate this wait.

i just hope its free for season pass owners

Raider8 25-08-19 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhons0529 (Post 8124940)

I hate this wait.

Judging by the previous trend:

TR - March 2013
TR DE - January 2014 (difference of 10+ months)

ROTTR - November 2015
ROTTR 20YCE - october 2016 (difference of 11 months)

SOTTR - September 2018
SOTTR DE - ??? (remains to be known)

okay maybe i'm getting too much into release times about the games but still i'd expect it to come this September. It would be stupid to release it on holiday season and sales since prices are pretty much cut that time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isanvel (Post 8124943)
i just hope its free for season pass owners

I think justice will be done and it'd be treated like blood ties.

Athukraz 25-08-19 16:52

TR2013 was on March 5 not May btw

Raider8 25-08-19 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8124951)
TR2013 was on March 5 not May btw

my mind said march, fingers typed may, typo it is

MelikeLara 25-08-19 17:54

I'm in no rush to get it to be honest, I'm just curious. I'm revisiting a load of older games on ps3/vita etc atm so shadow can wait until I'm ready for it to blow me away graphics wise!

JayB_1988 25-08-19 18:16

I expect the Definitive Edition to have better graphics. I recently played Rise in 4K on my PS4 Pro and itís so much better graphically! Now looking back to Shadow it looks so bad :D

charmedangelin 25-08-19 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB_1988 (Post 8124982)
I expect the Definitive Edition to have better graphics. I recently played Rise in 4K on my PS4 Pro and it’s so much better graphically! Now looking back to Shadow it looks so bad :D

I disagree, I think Shadow looks better, especially in lighting and special effects like water and fire Sparks. Plus Shadow has proper anti aliasing. Some cutscenes even look straight up real life if you pause them.