www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

xspacedude 28-09-19 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robwood (Post 8134866)
Overall, "Shadow" is good, but it's no M-Word.

Shadow is

A mazing
B rilliant
C aptivating
D ifferent
E lusive
F lawless
G ood
H oly
I nfinite
J ocular
K nowledgeably
L oved 3000
M asterpiece
N eat
O utrageous
P erfect
Q uaint
R adical
S atisfying
T alented
U nderrated
V enerable
W onderful
X enial
Y are
Z en

Robwood 28-09-19 23:36

It's many of those, but not all of them. I have no interest in starting a debate, so I'll end my part here. Enjoy the game, xspacedude. I will too, what with all of the out of bounds stuff that I can do. :D

TrustyBow 29-09-19 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by xspacedude (Post 8134873)
Shadow is

A mazing
B rilliant
C aptivating
D ifferent
E lusive
F lawless
G ood
H oly
I nfinite
J ocular
K nowledgeably
L oved 3000
M asterpiece
N eat
O utrageous
P erfect
Q uaint
R adical
S atisfying
T alented
U nderrated
V enerable
W onderful
X enial
Y are
Z en

You're a gem :hug:

SpyrosMonster 29-09-19 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 8134859)
Shadow will be remembered as sth up there with TR II-IV and its what it deserves..........dont ever put it in the same league as Underworld please......

:vlol:
I needed a good laugh before going to sleep. Thanks.

TrustyBow 29-09-19 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 8134888)
:vlol:
I needed a good laugh before going to sleep. Thanks.

I mean saying its up there with TR2 might be a stretch (Not for me, personally; TR2 is one of my least favorites) but I don't see the problem with putting it up there with TR3 and 4. Those are generally seen as the more divisive/stale entries.

Athukraz 29-09-19 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by xspacedude (Post 8134852)
Like the classic masterpiece it is today

Oh wow that's bold

Chamayoo 29-09-19 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 8134859)
Shadow will be remembered as sth up there with TR II-IV and its what it deserves..........dont ever put it in the same league as Underworld please......

PC version of TRU is better received (80) than Shadow's one (77) on Metacritic. :mis:

Tomb Raidering 29-09-19 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8134914)
PC version of TRU is better received (80) than Shadow's one (77) on Metacritic. :mis:

Omg, tea... :p

Personally I would like if itís remembered as Legend or TR4... ^.^
But even I canít decide... >.<

Chamayoo 29-09-19 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8134916)
Omg, tea... :p

Tea ? I thought you would have feel wrong about it, iirc you didn't seem as annoyed on Shadow as you are on Underworld. :p
Tbh, as much as I like TRU better than Shadow, it is quite wrong... but is only for the PC version so not that a big deal.
I sincerely think Shadow is a better product than it. Actually critics were kinda a bit too nice about Underworld and I think for Shadow they were a bit severe.

About Shadow's reputation, I could see it similar to TR3/TR4. A little fatigue from general audience but still saw them as nice games with still solid sales. About fandom, they are fan favourites and I could see a lot of Shadow's fans in the reboot trilogy.

Tomb Raidering 29-09-19 10:48

I can still handle about 60% of the game like you said :p. If you think about it, Underworld was a huge leap from Legend/Anniversary:
* Brand new animations/moves
* Brand new environments with hubs
* Next gen graphics for its time
* Being the first TR game to introduce DLCs
(excluding Legend’s Anniversary add-on)
The negative being the story and art direction (Natla and grey corridors :rolleyes:)

On the other hand, Shadow seems like an OK ending to the trilogy (imo).
I absolutely don’t hate it, I love it (with Paititi [:rolleyes:] still being in the picture along with the outfit restriction [for now?]), but Rise wins it for me with its breath taking graphics, environments and, DLCs (Blood Ties, Baba Yaga... :cln:) It was a huge leap from TR2013, graphics-wise and gameplay-wise (outfits, crafting, grappling, chapter replay, arrow climbing on walls...)