www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Chamayoo 29-09-19 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8134939)
I can still handle about 60% of the game like you said :p. If you think about it, Underworld was a huge leap from Legend/Anniversary:
* Brand new animations/moves
* Brand new environments with hubs
* Next gen graphics for its time
* Being the first TR game to introduce DLCs
(excluding Legend’s Anniversary add-on)
The negative being the story and art direction (Natla and grey corridors :rolleyes:)

On the other hand, Shadow seems like an OK ending to the trilogy (imo).
I absolutely don’t hate it, I love it (with Paititi [:rolleyes:] still being in the picture along with the outfit restriction [for now?]), but Rise wins it for me with its breath taking graphics, environments and, DLCs (Blood Ties, Baba Yaga... :cln:) It was a huge leap from TR2013, graphics-wise and gameplay-wise (outfits, crafting, grappling, chapter replay, arrow climbing on walls...)

Actually I agree 100% with you !
BTW I thought it was you who created the Underworld unappreciated thread, but it was LuckyEdge10. I'm sorry that's why I was confused haha. I don't know why I made this mistake. :ponder:

Tomb Raidering 29-09-19 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8134942)
BTW I thought it was you who created the Underworld unappreciated thread, but it was LuckyEdge10. I'm sorry that's why I was confused haha. I don't know why I made this mistake.

Well, most (if not all) of us has something to unappreciate in Underworld... :p
That for me would be the Arthurian-Norse mythology change, Natla, the horrid animations, and long grey corridors along with the snippits of Richard’s dramatic family story...

Shadow actually ventured thru the Under’s art directions way with some of its levels imo (Cozumel caves, Cenote caves, Paititi caves, looks like descendants of Underworld’s ‘caves’) But the game’s ranking would be equal to Rise for me if it brings Croft Manor, chapter replay, and outfit de-restriction....

johnanonymouz 29-09-19 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8134914)
PC version of TRU is better received (80) than Shadow's one (77) on Metacritic. :mis:

Underworld was such a disappointment.........it was short and unfinished and buggy and a mess in general imo.....the only good thing was the locations

Chamayoo 29-09-19 12:37

^ Your concerns about this game are understandable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8134945)
...Shadow actually ventured thru the Under’s art directions way with some of its levels imo (Cozumel caves, Cenote caves, Paititi caves, looks like descendants of Underworld’s ‘caves’) But the game’s ranking would be equal to Rise for me if it brings Croft Manor, chapter replay, and outfit de-restriction....

So much pressure for the 8th DLC then, very decisive. :D
About TRU, I will answer later you on an appropriate thread !

Tomb Raidering 29-09-19 12:50

^
Make it quick! I could talk about LAU all day! (Coming from a fan who loves Legend & Anniversary and tries to understand Underworld’s motives...

So, result:
10 years later Shadow’s reputation = TR4 < Legend + x(next game?)

MelikeLara 29-09-19 12:53

Yes TRU had bad animation, and it was short. But graphics and overall changes were a big leap from Legend in just two years, it could've been much better, but at least they tried to refresh it a little even though they'd already started the Reboot (as ascension which I'd still love to know more about!!!)

JsotoTRSaga 29-09-19 14:57

I love Underworld, I thought it was great for it's time and most reviews were good with it for that reason. I love everything about it except the unfinished animations and it's length. I wish the game had been at least 7 more months in the oven so the DLC would be part of the package for all versions and no cuts had to be made in some of the levels. I would have liked if they had not cut so much from TRU but for what it was it was great and certainly much better than what we have now in many aspects.

Raider8 30-09-19 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8134939)
I can still handle about 60% of the game like you said :p. If you think about it, Underworld was a huge leap from Legend/Anniversary:
* Brand new animations/moves
* Brand new environments with hubs
* Next gen graphics for its time
* Being the first TR game to introduce DLCs
(excluding Legend’s Anniversary add-on)
The negative being the story and art direction (Natla and grey corridors :rolleyes:)

On the other hand, Shadow seems like an OK ending to the trilogy (imo).
I absolutely don’t hate it, I love it (with Paititi [:rolleyes:] still being in the picture along with the outfit restriction [for now?]), but Rise wins it for me with its breath taking graphics, environments and, DLCs (Blood Ties, Baba Yaga... :cln:) It was a huge leap from TR2013, graphics-wise and gameplay-wise (outfits, crafting, grappling, chapter replay, arrow climbing on walls...)

Agree a 100%

Raider8 01-10-19 18:05

https://www.blahzinga.com/shadow-of-...nho-para-casa/

What do y'all say about this article written in Portuguese. The guy literally doesn't seem to be happy with the game.

Rai 01-10-19 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider8 (Post 8135445)
https://www.blahzinga.com/shadow-of-...nho-para-casa/

What do y'all say about this article written in Portuguese. The guy literally doesn't seem to be happy with the game.

I dunno, it's in Portuguese :p. Honestly, this late in, I don't give a monkey's but whatever, it's his opinion.