www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

GFY2013 27-10-19 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoDE (Post 8144366)
Hmmm.... The Season Pass is 50% off (i.e. 15) for European Customers in the Squenix Store. Should I get it now or wait until the DE Upgrade is available?

I mean, you can upgrade to the Definitive Edition from the season pass, so I'd say go for it! :D

ANoDE 27-10-19 11:10

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I doubt the DE upgrade will be cheaper than this anytime soon.

MelikeLara 27-10-19 14:01

So its on Amazon UK just as a digital download, I want to order the physical copy....

Robwood 27-10-19 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider8 (Post 8144362)
how did you do that? when i pause the game with rope ascender, it disappears and lara is seen grabbing air. I wanted pictures with it.

You could try using the ascender with one hand and taking a screenshot with your other.

Raider8 27-10-19 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robwood (Post 8144473)
You could try using the ascender with one hand and taking a screenshot with your other.

hmmm... will try. thanks anyways.

TrustyBow 27-10-19 23:29

On my last playthrough of the games story, I skipped out on all the challenge tombs, in favor of trying to beat the story as fast as possible. I spent most of yesterday and today just doing the tombs and I honestly think I had a lot more fun doing that over the story.

Robwood 27-10-19 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 8144556)
On my last playthrough of the games story, I skipped out on all the challenge tombs, in favor of trying to beat the story as fast as possible. I spent most of yesterday and today just doing the tombs and I honestly think I had a lot more fun doing that over the story.

I can't say that I'm surprised; stories tend to take control away.

Athukraz 27-10-19 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robwood (Post 8144558)
I can't say that I'm surprised; stories tend to take control away.

Or cause Shadow's is a mess and all over the place and most importantly uninteresting. ;)

Cal20608 27-10-19 23:53

I think that there is some divide in that a good story takes away from gameplay and a gameplay driven game has a lackluster story. Which are games like that sure. But I want to see both in a game. Just running around in a game with no reason is eventually boring. And if it is just a movie with quick time events isnt really a game anymore in my perspective.

TrustyBow 27-10-19 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8144560)
Or cause Shadow's is a mess and all over the place and most importantly uninteresting. ;)

Yeah, this foreal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal20608 (Post 8144561)
I think that there is some divide in that a good story takes away from gameplay and a gameplay driven game has a lackluster story. Which are games like that sure. But I want to see both in a game. Just running around in a game with no reason is eventually boring. And if it is just a movie with quick time events isnt really a game anymore in my perspective.

Might be unpopular, but Rise was able to strike the right balance between gameplay and story, for me.