www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

isanvel 07-11-19 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halston (Post 8149750)
Hmm... Does this wall happen to be toward the same direction on the map that the icon for Croft Manor was? I'm not sure if it was actually Croft Manor, but I read in another thread that someone saw an icon somewhere in the outer boundaries of the map within the clouds/fog.

Yea it was a heart shaped icon and that was gone
For me too I could see the icon like 2 days ago
Now the icon is gone, also I can't see the Llama statue

Halston 07-11-19 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by isanvel (Post 8149752)
Yea it was a heart shaped icon and that was gone
For me too I could see the icon like 2 days ago
Now the icon is gone, also I can't see the Llama statue

If it was a broken heart icon with color, then that's a placeholder icon the game uses when it is glitching (missing data for the icon), or for debugging. It happened to me the first time I beat the game a year ago, and it showed up beside the currency at every merchant.

If the statue actually faces where that was on the map, and it is linked to being gone at the same time as the icon, it could maybe possibly be some sort of hint or easter egg that future content could be coming? It's highly unlikely, but considering that the next TR game could be years out, maybe they'd do something else. :(

EzioMaverick 07-11-19 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 8149738)
^ Wow, that looks great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 8149740)
@Ezio: stunning work, I love it :eek:

Thank you. :)

VictorXD 07-11-19 08:08

Something I noticed recently is that Shadow has no Subsurface Scattering for Lara's skin. I used to think it was only absent during gameplay, but comparing Rise X Shadow cutscenes, it seems gone from the cutscene model too.

SoraSakai 07-11-19 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 8149767)
Something I noticed recently is that Shadow has no Subsurface Scattering for Lara's skin. I used to think it was only absent during gameplay, but comparing Rise X Shadow cutscenes, it seems gone from the cutscene model too.

What exactly does it do? I never noticed haha

VictorXD 07-11-19 09:10

It's a rendering technique that disperses light to make materials look softer or more translucent, etc. Its always used on skin to achieve a more photo realistic look.

It can also be used for other materials such as realistic looking jade for example. It really just depends on how you set it up and what you want to achieve. I'd recommend googling it to get a better idea of how it looks and acts.

Halston 07-11-19 09:15

how do you delete a message :s

I typed something here about the DE release but I was wrong lmao

Zsott 07-11-19 11:34

I can't help, but I was thinking on something:

It feels like the developers made SoTR for themselves, rather than for the players to play...

johnanonymouz 07-11-19 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zsott (Post 8149817)
I can't help, but I was thinking on something:

It feels like the developers made SoTR for themselves, rather than for the players to play...

interesting cause i feel the opposite

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 8149800)
It's a rendering technique that disperses light to make materials look softer or more translucent, etc. Its always used on skin to achieve a more photo realistic look.

so thats why water and mud look so low quality on laras skin? ive noticed some cutscenes that mud and scars etc look amazing and others that look really cheap

VictorXD 07-11-19 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 8149826)
interesting cause i feel the opposite

so thats why water and mud look so low quality on laras skin? ive noticed some cutscenes that mud and scars etc look amazing and others that look really cheap

Not likely, as SSS would probably not affect Wet and mud textures, which overlay the skin textures.

Maybe it had to do with the outfit you are wearing? I've noticed that Syria tank top seems to use different mud textures from the tactical adventurer, or at the very least they look different in the way they are used. I also noticed that blood and damage textures on Syria tank top don't have any sort of normal map, which makes them look very flat. Since it's pretty much the only outfit I use I can't speak for sure about the other ones.

Rise's damage textures looked amazing because they had specular, normal and diffuse maps (on top of the actual textures being very well made), while shadow seem to only diffuse and maaaaaybe normal maps on tactical adventurer.