www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

tomee 16-11-19 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8152469)
Donít tell me itís a game plz...

It's a game

Tomb Raidering 16-11-19 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 8152470)
It's a game

They at least could have made it a grapple gun like Legend/Underworld...

Grizzly Bear 16-11-19 16:17

Quote:

If thereís one thing that bothers me the most about Shadow, itís not Paititi. No, though it comes really close to what I have in 1st place:

Laraís attaching/throwing her axe to rappel/swing across, and when sheís done, the axe magically returns to its cosy home, Laraís thigh. How?! Donít tell me itís a game plz...

It is something that was carried over from Rise, so you should accuse Rise for doing this in the first place.

Sometimes the hate towards Shadow is way too much, it gets to the level of exaggeration.

tomee 16-11-19 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8152471)
They at least could have made it a grapple gun like Legend/Underworld...

You didn't see Lara reattaching her grapple gun to her belt inUnderworld either. What is the correlation?

Tomb Raidering 16-11-19 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear (Post 8152476)
It is something that was carried over from Rise, so you should accuse Rise for doing this in the first place.

Shadow took it overboard with rappelling and swinging, itís more obvious. If she brought her weapons to Cozumel, why didnít she also bring a full-fledged grappling gun?
Quote:

Sometimes the hate towards Shadow is way too much, it gets to the level of exaggeration.
Whoís hatred? Mine? Certainly Iím not one of those blindedly-hateful people...

tomee 16-11-19 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear (Post 8152476)

Reminds when people were complaining that applying mud in Shadow wasn't shown.

??? It's a game, she smears it on her arms a bit, that's enough visual for me to see. Are you expecting her to take a mud bath every time you find a puddle? Do a deathdrop into it then roll around a couple times? I'm trying to finish a game here and not watch a mud spa simulator.

TrustyBow 16-11-19 16:38

Quote:

If there’s one thing that bothers me the most about Shadow, it’s not Paititi. No, though it comes really close to what I have in 1st place:

Lara’s attaching/throwing her axe to rappel/swing across, and when she’s done, the axe magically returns to its cosy home, Lara’s thigh. How?! Don’t tell me it’s a game plz...

Gaming magic.

In Horizon Zero Dawn, whenever Aloy rappels down from a spot, her rope always happens to be the right length (even with absurd heights) and she's always able to get it back.

Likewise, Nate always gets his rope back in U4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 8152481)

??? It's a game, she smears it on her arms a bit, that's enough visual for me to see. Are you expecting her to take a mud bath every time you find a puddle? Do a deathdrop into it then roll around a couple times? I'm trying to finish a game here and not watch a mud spa simulator.

Lol I'm curious to know what those people thought about the classics where Lara goes through quicksand and it doesn't affect her appearance.

LateRaider 16-11-19 17:23

Quote:

If thereís one thing that bothers me the most about Shadow, itís not Paititi. No, though it comes really close to what I have in 1st place:

Laraís attaching/throwing her axe to rappel/swing across, and when sheís done, the axe magically returns to its cosy home, Laraís thigh. How?! Donít tell me itís a game plz...

I really don't want a 2 minute animation of Lara prying her axe loose, respooling the wire, and attaching the axe back on her hip. I get that people who liked RDR2 want to watch Arthur Reed painstakingly skin a horse in excruciating detail for 20 minutes but I don't have time for **** like that

Zsott 16-11-19 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 8152481)

This isn't exclusive to Tomb Raider tho... just the other day I've seen a reddit post on GTA online subreddit, that ppl were complaining about the lack of pubes in the armpits of the protagonists.
Last year I've spotted a comment on youtube, that complained the lack of chest hair on Chris Redfield in RE5/6

What I do admit, is the mud/dirt magically diasppearing in certain areas, or when passing trough certain triggers; is a bit strange.
For example: Cozumel. If you'd progressed the first two combat areas in stealth mode, she'd be clean or moderately dirty.
When Lara climbs the wall before the slope -which is scripted - she'll become clean, then after sliding down she won't be dirty.
Naturally, this isn't consistent, sometimes she stays dirty, sometimes not.

OrangeJuice 16-11-19 17:56

see if only these were the game's actual faults lmao
this is straight up nitpicking

and actually i gotta say i like the videogame-y feel that even the reboot trilogy has. the fact that there's poetic licensce taken in the amalgamation of the animations and mechanics for the sake of the gameplay is good imo. it feels very much like a videogame.