www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

SoraSakai 18-11-19 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8153062)
Regarding this specific portion, does it matter? They shot an arrow that missed their heads by mere inches. They were shooting to kill, either her or him being the target doesn't really matter

It does matter, because from her point of view, they could’ve been trying to save the boy from some dangerous armed stranger.

Even when I played the game, I thought they were coming to rescue the boy and I was actually shocked she killed them.

Edit: I just want to clarify, it isn’t so important that it ruins the game for me, or makes me think the writing of the entire story is bad as a whole, but it is a bad scene and I do hate it lol

Vaskito 18-11-19 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8153065)
It does matter, because from her point of view, they could’ve been trying to save the boy from some dangerous armed stranger.

Even when I played the game, I thought they were coming to rescue the boy and I was actually shocked she killed them.

Yes, but I don't think you got what I meant. What I meant was it doesn't matter who they were trying to kill. Even if they were trying to protect the boy, they were shooting at Lara to kill. I mean, she'd shoot them anyway for self defense,

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8153065)
Edit: I just want to clarify, it isn’t so important that it ruins the game for me, or makes me think the writing of the entire story is bad as a whole, but it is a bad scene and I do hate it lol

Yea I know. Even if it had made the story bad for you, I get it - IMO, how good a story is, it's pretty subjective. I was just trying to explain what I meant in regards to that portion :P

LateRaider 19-11-19 03:21

30% into collecting for paititi! i'm also trying to talk to everyone i can but damn it's crazy. i thought i'd make substantial progress tonight but all i did was look for maps/backpacks and picked up as much as i could without doing crypts/tombs. i still have to do side missions and then retrace my steps to kuwaq yaku too. ugh

also tbh... the new two-note inventory open sound is really ****ing annoying lmao

edit - oh also anyone following my survivor trilogy character analysis thread should know i'll get back to the story when... there's story to get back to lmao. i've got a lot of **** to do

JoelCaesar 19-11-19 05:47

Sora is right on this one. That scene makes zero sense especially dictating Lara's actions. If you saw some strange woman in non Paititi getup standing over the prince you would immediately assume that the woman captured him. Of course, you would attack!

The game obviously explains that the cult is evil anyway so this scene doesn't matter. However, imagine if this scene was swapped with rebels attacking Lara instead of the cult.

SoraSakai 19-11-19 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelCaesar (Post 8153123)
Sora is right on this one. That scene makes zero sense especially dictating Lara's actions. If you saw some strange woman in non Paititi getup standing over the prince you would immediately assume that the woman captured him. Of course, you would attack!

The game obviously explains that the cult is evil anyway so this scene doesn't matter. However, imagine if this scene was swapped with rebels attacking Lara instead of the cult.

An arrow straight through Unuratu’s dumb face.

I’d love it.

Vaskito 19-11-19 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8153125)
An arrow straight through Unuratuís dumb face.

Iíd love it.

NoooO!!
I love her!! I love her chemistry and dynamic with Lara :cry:

Rai 19-11-19 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelCaesar (Post 8153123)

The scene makes sense because from Lara's pov, she's saving a boy from a trap, when an arrow barely missed them and this one guy is attacking, she's not about to just sit there and allow it to happen and be killed, possibly the boy too. She only kills the one attacker, realises he's a Trinity goon, so when more men come, wearing the same gear, also on the attack, she aims. It's Una and a few others who kill the other Kukulkan cult members. Of course that first man may have been trying to also save the boy, but from Lara's pov, being attacked, she reacts fast to defend herself.

From the cult/Trinity man's pov, they've trapped the boy, so success. From Una or another rebel's pov, the boy is trapped and a stranger is standing over him.

SoraSakai 19-11-19 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8153135)
NoooO!!
I love her!! I love her chemistry and dynamic with Lara :cry:

Blasphemy!

AntRaidsTombs 19-11-19 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8153180)
The scene makes sense because from Lara's pov, she's saving a boy from a trap, when an arrow barely missed them and this one guy is attacking, she's not about to just sit there and allow it to happen and be killed, possibly the boy too. She only kills the one attacker, realises he's a Trinity goon, so when more men come, wearing the same gear, also on the attack, she aims. It's Una and a few others who kill the other Kukulkan cult members. Of course that first man may have been trying to also save the boy, but from Lara's pov, being attacked, she reacts fast to defend herself.

From the cult/Trinity man's pov, they've trapped the boy, so success. From Una or another rebel's pov, the boy is trapped and a stranger is standing over him.

Thanks Rai, iím confused as to how the scene didnít make any sense lol. I thought it made a good bit of sense.

VictorXD 19-11-19 15:26

Yeah there is no way that scene doesn't make sense. Not only Rai's explanation is on point, but Unuratu being wary of Lara at first just confirms it.

I don't know why people insist on seeing plot holes where there aren't none when it comes to shadow. Some time ago someone as already going: I don't understand how Lara did X Y and Z and didn't worry about Cozumel etc, when that was exactly the point the story was trying to make. Make us question Lara's decisions and tunnel vision, and when said person did just that, they tried to make it seem like it was bad writing. And when there things they didn't understand about it, they said we were probably filling in the gaps because we wanted to. No honey, you just aren't paying attention to what the game is trying to say, the game spelled it out for us.

I mean the game has its flaws of course, but people really need to take a step back and trying to see flaws that aren't there.