www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

SoraSakai 19-11-19 21:06

I love the game. There’s just a few isolated scenes that I hate and think are cheesy. This is 100% just a nitpick from me, obviously you’re free to like it. Really I don’t have any proper reason or explanation as to why I hate it (the scene)... I just do lol

Yuna´s Wish 19-11-19 21:11

It is nitpicking :p

I'd focus on the obvious instead. Like why Uchu tasks Lara with retrieving items for Etzli's coronation right after Etzli is captured :pi: Priorities, Uchu.

SoraSakai 19-11-19 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 8153353)
It is nitpicking :p

I'd focus on the obvious instead. Like why Uchu tasks Lara with retrieving items for Etzli's coronation right after Etzli is captured :pi: Priorities, Uchu.

He does what!! I gotta pay attention when I play lol

jackoimina 21-11-19 19:30

I am replaying Shadow now and I love that scene when Jonah and Lara talk by the fire. She asks him what he would do with the power of the silver box, would he go back and change his brother's death so he can have more time with him - she is ofc referring to her own parents here - and he says he wouldn't bc he would lose what he became after that and he also says everything he loves NOW is here, in this world.

I love it bc this scene (and the flashback) is why I was very satisfied with the end when Lara gets the power of the box and has the chance to change the past. She is tempted but she chooses to let it go bc otherwise she would loose everything she has become now BECAUSE of her past and her traumatic experiences on Yamatai etc. She chooses to stay this hardened tomb raider instead of prolonging her happy childhood and have who knows what kind of life growing up and reaching this point in time again... I really like it, that part of Shadow is imo really well done and I was just reminded of that again now with that campfire scene:)

xspacedude 21-11-19 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackoimina (Post 8153938)
I am replaying Shadow now and I love that scene when Jonah and Lara talk by the fire. She asks him what he would do with the power of the silver box, would he go back and change his brother's death so he can have more time with him - she is ofc referring to her own parents here - and he says he wouldn't bc he would lose what he became after that and he also says everything he loves NOW is here, in this world.

I love it bc this scene (and the flashback) is why I was very satisfied with the end when Lara gets the power of the box and has the chance to change the past. She is tempted but she chooses to let it go bc otherwise she would loose everything she has become now BECAUSE of her past and her traumatic experiences on Yamatai etc. She chooses to stay this hardened tomb raider instead of prolonging her happy childhood and have who knows what kind of life growing up and reaching this point in time again... I really like it, that part of Shadow is imo really well done and I was just reminded of that again now with that campfire scene:)

Oh yeah, love it too. I also love the conversation they had when they reunite after the plane crash and he ask Lara if she’s doing all that for revenge (which she denies) and he says he would understand if it was for revenge. This is a missable conversation and should’ve been part of a cutscene.

jackoimina 21-11-19 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by xspacedude (Post 8153941)
Oh yeah, love it too. I also love the conversation they had when they reunite after the plane crash and he ask Lara if she’s doing all that for revenge (which she denies) and he says he would understand if it was for revenge. This is a missable conversation and should’ve been part of a cutscene.

Yes, that was a really good one too. Also when they deal with that water mechanism to raise the bridge they talk about Roth briefly. Also missable. Unfortunately in some cases if you interact with other objects while Jonah says smth he just stops and never returns to it so you can loose bits and pieces of character interactions like that and nice little moments. This was handled much better in Lost Legacy for example: if you do smth else while Nadine and Chloe are talking later when you're back one of them will says 'ok where was I?' or what were we talking about smth like that and they would continue so you don't miss anything.

Also, now I'm doing Croft Manor with LC as a kid - dammit I can't help but wonder about this beautiful house being fully playable in the present time in that stupid DLC they never released. I wanna explore the whole house with grown-up Lara badlyyy

Vaskito 21-11-19 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackoimina (Post 8153938)

My very favorite scene of the franchise. The scene that made me cry, which no other game has ever done. It’s so perfectly done. The conversation. The acting. The ambience. The music playing. Everything in that campfire scene is such a highlight to me that I hold it close to my heart

xspacedude 21-11-19 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackoimina (Post 8153947)
Yes, that was a really good one too. Also when they deal with that water mechanism to raise the bridge they talk about Roth briefly. Also missable. Unfortunately in some cases if you interact with other objects while Jonah says smth he just stops and never returns to it so you can loose bits and pieces of character interactions like that and nice little moments. This was handled much better in Lost Legacy for example: if you do smth else while Nadine and Chloe are talking later when you're back one of them will says 'ok where was I?' or what were we talking about smth like that and they would continue so you don't miss anything.

Also, now I'm doing Croft Manor with LC as a kid - dammit I can't help but wonder about this beautiful house being fully playable in the present time in that stupid DLC they never released. I wanna explore the whole house with grown-up Lara badlyyy

I agree with the Lost Legacy part, they did the same with God of War. I hope they do something similar in the next game.

Oh I had a dream about Croft Manor last night :(

Athukraz 21-11-19 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by xspacedude (Post 8153966)

Oh I had a dream about Croft Manor last night :(

It was so vivid

VictorXD 21-11-19 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8153970)
It was so vivid

This made me laugh so hard at your avatar like Lara just said that :vlol: