www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

LateRaider 28-11-19 22:41

as much as i like the idea of immersive voice acting i think i'm not gonna use it anymore after this playthrough. some of the actors just had no context for the actions. like kayara having 0 inflection in her voice when she's supposed to be crying, or xoco not grunting while she's being pushed to the floor

killchan 29-11-19 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8155599)
I don't see the problems with the indegenious peoples in Shadow they are well represented and it's refreshing to see another culture in Tomb Raider also them at not being just an enemy. Also it offer the chance for Lara to grow as a character

for the second game in a row

Linoshi Croft 29-11-19 11:24

I really wish we saw Paititi hit by a cataclysm. It would of made your time there much more interesting and relevant to the apocalypse story line, as you'd have the contrast between a fully living and breathing city and then the area or at least part of it destroyed. Imagine exploring the city after the cataclysm hit? The stakes of the apocalypse would of also been forefront to the story like it always should of been. It baffles me for a game about the end of the world everything is so calm and casual.

AshesBorn 29-11-19 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 8155685)
I really wish we saw Paititi hit by a cataclysm. It would of made your time there much more interesting and relevant to the apocalypse story line, as you'd have the contrast between a fully living and breathing city and then the area or at least part of it destroyed. Imagine exploring the city after the cataclysm hit? The stakes of the apocalypse would of also been forefront to the story like it always should of been. It baffles me for a game about the end of the world everything is so calm and casual.

OMG, this would've been perfect and so atmospheric!

Rai 29-11-19 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 8155685)

Yes, I think this would have worked so well. At the very least they should have done something more with the eclipse, which was part of it, rather than leave it until the end.

Athukraz 29-11-19 14:36

Yall... i remember people thinking we'd have an actual timer to stop the eclipse and look how we ended up with it being irrelevant through 99% of the game :princess:

charmedangelin 29-11-19 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8155732)
Yall... i remember people thinking we'd have an actual timer to stop the eclipse and look how we ended up with it being irrelevant through 99% of the game :princess:

I remember this as well, and thinking how cool it would be if the weather played a large mechanic in how you played the game. Like randomly it could rain, flood cutting off one path, but opening another. Or a mud slide would cut off a secret path if you didn't get there far enough.

The many missed opportunities of this game.

Cat Woman 29-11-19 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8155734)
I remember this as well, and thinking how cool it would be if the weather played a large mechanic in how you played the game. Like randomly it could rain, flood cutting off one path, but opening another. Or a mud slide would cut off a secret path if you didn't get there far enough.

The many missed opportunities of this game.

Yes, this scenario would have been great to see and play through.

JoelCaesar 29-11-19 15:33

What removes the possibility of a changing Paititi is, of course, the game's collectable system. Meaning that if you fail to get it the first time it is impossible to get a 100% completion.

veigafd 29-11-19 16:06

You guys expect way too much when they can't even do new animations for Lara.