www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

biscuits 17-03-18 18:36

I want mythological monsters!!

Lukass 17-03-18 18:36

I hope for more cheerful color palette this time. Give us several shades of green in the jungles. I seriously hope it will not be as grey as the reboot and Rise. It was sooo bland and boring to watch at times.

2001LC20 17-03-18 18:38

You think SOTTR could have unfair Microtransactions problem? Even in the single player mode
Cuz that could really hurt the sales

Yeauxleaux 17-03-18 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 7837314)
I hope for more cheerful color palette this time. Give us several shades of green in the jungles. I seriously hope it will not be as grey as the reboot and Rise. It was sooo bland and boring to watch at times.

The trailer showed all dark gloom and doom tones, like Underworld's Mexico level had. But still, that could just be one segment of the game, as both of the previous ones had a day/night cycle and variable weather.

@2001LC20 - I would not be surprised if game companies start trying it, they will do what makes them money. What's going to piss me off is if people stupidly buy into it, making it work so the trend continues. That's what happened with the DLC trend. Nobody liked that at first, but everyone still bought it, so we're still dealing with it.

People (especially gamers) seem to have lost an ability to withdraw monetary support from companies who are ripping us off. You'd think with the ongoing financial crisis, people would be more careful and considerate who they give money to, and put their foot down on unfair deals. They don't though, so people get what they deserve collectively. Me personally, the day a company tries to sell me a game with microtransactions needed to complete the game is the day I withdraw my money and support, I have standards.

2001LC20 17-03-18 18:47

I don't care about mp but i hope they will at least wont touch the sp which is why i am so excited now
But unfortunately %80 there will be Microtransactions could be like in ROTTR but if people buy them and this make a lot of money for them... Oh boy:( it def wont end well at least for us the fans:(

Portugalraider 17-03-18 20:15

Come to think a bit about it, RotTR did tick almost every reason to hate micro-transactions, didn't it? I mean, the card system was basically loot boxes and you had micro-transactions on a single-player game that already had DLC and a season pass as well...

But where RotTR does micro-transactions "right" ("less wrong" might be the better term here) is that they don't affect the games main mode (the main campaign) in any way at all, just the replay and challenge modes. As long as this remains the same for SotTR (because I'm not seeing SE going away from micro-transactions), I don't think we'll have that much of a problem controversy wise. At least not any more than the controversy at RotTR's launch...

FanosCroft 17-03-18 21:30

I set up my PS4 theme background with the screenshot of Lara looking at the Mayan pyramids, look so cool! B)

2001LC20 17-03-18 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7837466)
I set up my PS4 theme background with the screenshot of Lara looking at the Mayan pyramids, look so cool! B)

I think i watched that teaser for 67 times not a lie it's true:)
I know like how everyone say "i can't wait" but i really really can't wait i need to at least watch the GAMEPLAY btw has anyone invented the time-machine yet?:p

And pics from the teaser is set as wallpaper on my phone pc etc... And god damn i am so excited

Rufinoman 17-03-18 21:42

It's said that Shadow will be the last in the reboot series but I'm not entirely sure what that implies.
Which direction will Lara take next then?

biscuits 17-03-18 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufinoman (Post 7837475)
It's said that Shadow will be the last in the reboot series but I'm not entirely sure what that implies.
Which direction will Lara take next then?

They'll probably continue to make standalone adventures with a fully developed reboot Lara.