www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Patrick star 18-03-18 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7838010)
Anyone else think Jason Graves might have returned for Shadow? I think he only couldn't come back for Rise because of scheduling conflicts so maybe? I can imagine his TR2013 sound being fitting for the Native American instruments and stuff we get for this game. He may have even done the music for the Shadow teaser? Who knows!

I will only give Jason credit for creating the incredible Reboot theme , you know , these well known melodies/motifs inserted and integrated into every track , but other than that , I'm not really a fan of his music so I'd be wary of his return , he missed a great opportunity to use traditional Japanese music to further enhance the atmosphere of the island and went through an entirely different approach , most of his tracks fit the game's scenarios , but don't really stick in the mind and aren't good to listen to outside the game as they're mostly soulless action drums , save for a few tracks , one of which is "A Survivor Is Born" which is stunning .

2001LC20 18-03-18 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRiannisRaider (Post 7838209)
I like reboot Lara too :D ! But sometimes I just miss Lara From The Legend, anniversary and core (Not Underworld Lara) Era I'd really like Lara to have more confidence but that's all

It's just a matter of time:)

AntRaidsTombs 18-03-18 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7838010)
Anyone else think Jason Graves might have returned for Shadow? I think he only couldn't come back for Rise because of scheduling conflicts so maybe? I can imagine his TR2013 sound being fitting for the Native American instruments and stuff we get for this game. He may have even done the music for the Shadow teaser? Who knows!

I think he could because his music would fit the vibe of Shadow tbh. I wouldn’t mind him or Bobby

Emix 18-03-18 22:21

Guys i think that they changed that line about April 27 on official site. Now it says:

"REVEAL EVENT APRIL 27TH"

"Event" wasn't there before AFAIK. It only used to say: "Full reveal April 27." Is that correct?

DOPE 18-03-18 22:27

Maybe they're going to stream it or something.

Ankh 18-03-18 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emix (Post 7838364)
Guys i think that they changed that line about April 27 on official site. Now it says:

"REVEAL EVENT APRIL 27TH"

"Event" wasn't there before AFAIK. It only used to say: "Full reveal April 27." Is that correct?

Right, they must have changed it. Maybe they saw the speculation about full cgi trailer, but they had planned to show only a gameplay?

Evan C. 18-03-18 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. (Post 7677798)
"Pulvis et umbra sumus" (We are dust and shadows)

In regards of recents events surounding my discoveries, I decided to put some relevant information outside my mind, just in case. Both as a retrospective exercise and a practical way of keeping things in clear.
I can't believe how quickly time moves forward when you don't stop to take a look back, even when your life is nothing but that matter. And it's even more surprising when what you tought to be the greatest achievement of your life, like reaching the mountain's white peak is in fact nothing but the tip of a dark iceberg.
The island was itself a mistery, helding secrets I gladly uncovered despite the cost. Yet however, Yamatai was already the cog of a bigger mechanism and became a well hidden treasure. I have strong evidence that indicates Trinity deliberately managed to use WWII as the perfect facade for trying to control the Island's source of power but they obviously failed. The most clear evidence is the GPS and the called "abortion of the Axis Operation" refering to this subject and Himiko as the Star Phenomenon.
I was unable to advice such things back then due to subjective reasons, but since my latest encounter with Trinity forces in Kitezh ultimately confirmed not just that, but something else.
Poor miserable Dr Whitman was fueled by fame and fortune, sadly he had contacts and great academic value for anyone capable to tolerate his iritating character. It was due to his recognition and my skills that we could manage to reach Yamatai, but it was not just that. We were both boosted by Trinity as pieces on their chest board because they wanted to continue what they couldn't do back then. They knew who I was, everything seemed to be perfectly timed for them. It was my duty to gain control over Himiko's source of power for them and if islanders didn't killed me they would. They never tought I would survive both.

In resume, if I decided to move aside from Croft's family to build my self up from zero for what happened to us, refusing to believe my father both for resentment first and scholar dogmas later and finally finding out all of that was caused by Trinity since it where them who killed my father. They used me, this whole time they controlled me. Whoever killed Anna decided not to kill me. I am still they upgraded tool. And I believe they still will try to move their cards to put me back in their game. But that's over.

I know they are heading somewhere to Central America. They seem to have a pattern so they will probably repeat themselves. And inmortality is their safe stake. One of the most known myths of inmortality relates somehow to some global legends about underworlds, portals and entrances to divine worlds. The old continent held it's own inmortality source too: the fountain of youth.
Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon spent his life trying to find it yet he failed because during XVI century the land was thought to be located northwest towards the Bahamas when in fact, it seems to be located somewhere nearby the Gulf of Honduras. Piedras Negras (Black Stones) is what mayan tought it was the entrance of the underworld, yet my experience tells me they were clever enough to distract unwanted attention.
I am certain of one thing, however. It is time for me to take their manipulation in my advantage. I survived, I have risen and now like in The Allegory of the Cave I'll become a shadow. And where they seeded death, I'll scavenge to find the tools to end their existence. I'll be a tomb raider.

Hope you guys don't kill me for this but I was so eager to write this down. It is a mix of a compendium of backstory and some theories, so I hope you enjoy it.

This was me last year and you just can deny I wasn’t that far away from true!

2001LC20 18-03-18 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ankh (Post 7838370)
Right, they must have changed it. Maybe they saw the speculation about full cgi trailer, but they had planned to show only a gameplay?

Maybe i guess

Emix 18-03-18 22:37

It looks like 3 "major" events are happening on April 27. On 3 different locations. I guess that's what they meant when they first confirmed the game on twitter last year.

It looks like April 27 will be huge for TR fans.

johnanonymouz 18-03-18 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emix (Post 7838373)
It looks like 3 "major" events are happening on April 27. On 3 different locations. I guess that's what they meant when they first confirmed the game on twitter last year.

It looks like April 27 will be huge for TR fans.

Will every event cover the same things about the game?