www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

PallasAthene 27-03-18 13:04

Felt a bit self-conscious starting a new thread for this so I'll just post the topic here...

Assassin's Creed Origins has an interesting update;

Quote:

The Discovery update, as it’s called, removes all combat, missions and story from Assassin’s Creed Origins, leaving you free to explore its detailed recreation of ancient Egypt at leisure. It also adds in 75 interactive tours, written in collaboration with Egyptologists from around Europe, which teach you about everything from mummification to the city of Alexandria. It’s like one of those audio guides that you can pick up at museums. The difference between Assassin’s Creed Origins and a museum, though, is that you are immersed, walking the streets of a village as an Egyptian child or riding a horse in the shadow of the great pyramids.
Full article https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...-egypt-ubisoft

So I was thinking, could TR do with something that allows the player to simply interact with ancient environments, solve puzzles and learn, with combat removed? I'm not saying I know exactly what that would look like in the context of Tomb Raider, but I can't deny that as a huge TR fan and a massive ancient history nerd, I'm a little jealous of AC for doing something like this. What do you guys think? Should Tomb Raider try something new like this?

Portugalraider 27-03-18 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by PallasAthene (Post 7843960)
Felt a bit self-conscious starting a new thread for this so I'll just post the topic here...

Assassin's Creed Origins has an interesting update;

Full article https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...-egypt-ubisoft

So I was thinking, could TR do with something that allows the player to simply interact with ancient environments, solve puzzles and learn, with combat removed? I'm not saying I know exactly what that would look like in the context of Tomb Raider, but I can't deny that as a huge TR fan and a massive ancient history nerd, I'm a little jealous of AC for doing something like this. What do you guys think? Should Tomb Raider try something new like this?

If depends on how accurate the mythology and archaeology in SotTR actually is. If it actually gets accurate it could be a really interesting mode for those who really like history, although I would perhaps prefer they'd add this mode at a later date as well, just to not take development time from the actual game.

But it would be a pretty neat feature, considering Tomb Raider's potential for this kind of learning :)

cephasjames 27-03-18 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 7843670)
Seems that’s just the naming convention for the rebooted series, which is coming to a close now. Though I do wish they’d have swapped Rise and Shadow’s titles—Rise of the Tomb Raider seems like a much more fitting name for a finale.

The reboot series is not coming to an end. The origin trilogy is coming to an end. TReboot will continue beyond these initial three games.

Athukraz 27-03-18 14:53

1 month until the reveal!

CrowdedToaster 27-03-18 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigL (Post 7843906)
I like this idea. I've never been a fan of Shadow because of the negative connotations. Shadow of your former self and all that. But your idea puts a much more positive spin on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 7843910)
This..
either go back to numbers or subtitled ie "Tomb Raider - ???"

Aha thanks! I also think that after this they should get rid of the whole "___ of the Tomb Raider" prefix. I don't know how I feel about numbers, but I think subtitles would be good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7843907)
So in fact it is us who are in the Shadow of the Tomb Raider? ;)

Aha yup! Croft has cast her shadow on us as we await the game's release :ton:

tombstone 27-03-18 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cephasjames (Post 7843990)
The reboot series is not coming to an end. The origin trilogy is coming to an end. TReboot will continue beyond these initial three games.

That's what he meant I think, the current storyline with trinity and such is coming to a close.

cephasjames 27-03-18 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by tombstone (Post 7844028)
That's what he meant I think, the current storyline with trinity and such is coming to a close.

It's possible that's what he meant. It's just not what he said. :p

tombstone 27-03-18 17:07

Lara should be 25 in shadow right? She already looks more hardened than the she did in rottr where she looked more like a bookworm than an adventurer.

AntRaidsTombs 27-03-18 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by tombstone (Post 7844037)
Lara should be 25 in shadow right? She already looks more hardened than the she did in rottr where she looked more like a bookworm than an adventurer.

25-26 ish

Vaskito 27-03-18 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 7844040)
25-26 ish

If the game happens in september, like the game release, she'll be 26 then