www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

WWETombRaider 15-03-18 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Croft (Post 7835201)
There's promotion around the game already! Arby's posted this ad on their pages and we can see her outfit more clearly. Sadly it's just a strap, not a backpack.

Promo this early? And why Arby's? Unless it's the movie they're promoting. :tea:

Enya Brennan 15-03-18 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 783514)
And that underground cave with a pyramid in the middle reminded me very much of the Abandoned Mines area from ROTTR :D

That part is the highlight of the trailer for me. Looks so atmospheric and spooky, full of traps for Lara to dodge unless she wants to meet a premature death.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7835173)
+1 for Rome. Honestly, I've been begging for an urban and rainy setting since AoD. Hopefully there's some sort of level like that in Shadow.

I’d like to see urban and rainy in London, even though I know it’s so typical :D Imagine Lara infiltrating the British Museum to ‘borrow’ some artefact and have her jumping and climbing around landmarks, like St Paul’s or Tower Bridge (which I think was featured in the cover of one the early pre-Rise comics). Then, give Rome the classical architecture and the ancient feeling it deserves, deliciously bathed in delightful sunlight and a gentle breeze.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 7835176)
Like I said in another thread :

55% Mexico
25% Vatican
20% London

Would be perfect !

Absolutely perfect!

WWETombRaider 15-03-18 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7835253)
I’d like to see urban and rainy in London, even though I know it’s so typical :D Imagine Lara infiltrating the British Museum to ‘borrow’ some artefact and have her jumping and climbing around landmarks, like St Paul’s or Tower Bridge (which I think was featured in the cover of one the early pre-Rise comics). Then, give Rome the classical architecture and the ancient feeling it deserves, deliciously bathed in delightful sunlight and a gentle breeze.

Yes! It's like you're reading my thoughts! This is exactly what I want. Lara traversing rainy rooftops at night. Sure, it's rehashed from TR3 but it's a perfect setting. :D

charmedangelin 15-03-18 17:16

I really wish they would give her some shorts. She's going to be in the jungle which can be a hot a humid environment. Why not let her keep the black top she has, but let her have brown shorts instead. And they don't have to be short shorts, I think it would be better is she had knee length shorts with black boots.

Mickybyrne20 15-03-18 17:16

Why does she only have one holster? IT'S DEPRESSING ME! Gonna be FORCED to use the bow again. :rolleyes:

AntRaidsTombs 15-03-18 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7835259)
Why does she only have one holster? IT'S DEPRESSING ME! Gonna be FORCED to use the bow again. :rolleyes:

Who forced you to use the bow lol. You didn’t have to use the bow

Chamayoo 15-03-18 17:20

I forgot about the puzzle game for Monday... Maybe it will have more hints about the real game !

charmedangelin 15-03-18 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7835259)
Why does she only have one holster? IT'S DEPRESSING ME! Gonna be FORCED to use the bow again. :rolleyes:

Actually yes, I knew the duals weren't going to be in this game due to a certain leaker that I couldn't really mention here. They actually talked to one of the developers and apparently were told that the technology isn't ready for dual pistols.

A poor excuse in my book.

Moosey 15-03-18 17:25

I'm REALLY hoping that there is a city level in this one. It's one of the things I miss from the pre-reboot days. The London levels from TR3 and the Paris levels from AOD are some of my favourite parts of the series.

Enya Brennan 15-03-18 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7835254)
Yes! It's like you're reading my thoughts! This is exactly what I want. Lara traversing rainy rooftops at night. Sure, it's rehashed from TR3 but it's a perfect setting. :D

Is there a better game to take inspiration from than TRIII? :cln: London is such a perfect location and it’s time to properly bring it back.

Moosey 15-03-18 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7835273)
Is there a better game to take inspiration from than TRIII? :cln: London is such a perfect location and it’s time to properly bring it back.

Aldwych & Lud's Gate... <3<3

Patrick star 15-03-18 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7835273)
Is there a better game to take inspiration from than TRIII? :cln: London is such a perfect location and it’s time to properly bring it back.

Taking inspiration from TR3's London is a massive NO-NO from me :yik: oh god , I'd much rather a game set entirely on Yamatai or in Siberia again than having a London section with the slightest resemblance to TR3's : a geographical hot mess , sewers-galore , a museum that looks like anything but a museum etc etc .

It's been ages since I last bashed TR3's London , I feel stronger now :D

Richard_Croft 15-03-18 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRiannisRaider (Post 7835247)
I don't know if I like that outfit if there's the one that we used in the last 2 games I'll probably use that instead of this...

It's just a CG teaser, so it could differ from what we'll be getting in the game!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7835251)
Promo this early? And why Arby's? Unless it's the movie they're promoting. :tea:

Well, they're making a reference to SHADOW's eclipse imagery by using cookies so I'm pretty sure they're promoting the game... but yeah, it's still weird being so early :p

TheShadowOfMe 15-03-18 17:44

I know it's just a teaser, but I don't really like her pants. What even are those black parts on her pants?

James_Rutland 15-03-18 17:47

I'll reserve judgment until I see the outfit clearly, but I actually really like it. She looks badass. It looks like the TR2013 and Syria Rise outfit, but more ready for a fight. I like the black bits on her pants, they make the top part of her pants look like shorts, kind of like Claire Redfield's RE2 outfit :p

Lukass 15-03-18 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe (Post 7835308)
I know it's just a teaser, but I don't really like her pants. What even are those black parts on her pants?

Isn't that just a shadow?

TheShadowOfMe 15-03-18 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 7835313)
Isn't that just a shadow?

I don't think so, it looks like a material sewed onto the pants.

EDIT: Nope, you can clearly see black parts on her thighs I think, when she's standing and looking at the eclipse. Just move your head up or down, to see image more bright. It's too even/symmetrical to be a shadow.

WWETombRaider 15-03-18 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Croft (Post 7835294)
Well, they're making a reference to SHADOW's eclipse imagery by using cookies so I'm pretty sure they're promoting the game... but yeah, it's still weird being so early :p

Looks like Square is trying to do everything they failed to do with Rise. That includes actually promoting the game and not waiting like a week before release. :vlol:

Lukass 15-03-18 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe (Post 7835317)
I don't think so, it looks like a material sewed onto the pants.

EDIT: Nope, you can clearly see black parts on her thighs I think, when she's standing and looking at the eclipse. Just move your head up or down, to see image more bright. It's too even/symmetrical to be a shadow.

You are right. But I don't know what that could be. Straps? No. IDK.

TheShadowOfMe 15-03-18 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 7835338)
You are right. But I don't know what that could be. Straps? No. IDK.

Whatever it is, it's ugly. :D

VictorXD 15-03-18 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe (Post 7835341)
Whatever it is, it's ugly. :D

Ughmm right?! So big and distracting, I don't like it :/

Still, it feels nice to see the teaser in HD.

TheShadowOfMe 15-03-18 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 7835370)
Ughmm right?! So big and distracting, I don't like it :/

Still, it feels nice to see the teaser in HD.

Yeah. :/

I love the teaser, got me super excited about the game. :jmp:

Lara_Fan_33 15-03-18 18:24

Me too i havbt been this hyped for tomb raider since the reboot :D Rises exclusivity deal really ruined the excitement at that time. Anyways what do people speculate the story will be about from what we have seen so far? I was looking up the black sun and apperently in real life there is a "book" of mayan information dating back to the 1500s, it is called the Codex Rios. Guess where its being kept? :D

TheShadowOfMe 15-03-18 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_33 (Post 7835376)
Me too i havbt been this hyped for tomb raider since the reboot :D Rises exclusivity deal really ruined the excitement at that time. Anyways what do people speculate the story will be about from what we have seen so far? I was looking up the black sun and apperently in real life there is a "book" of mayan information dating back to the 1500s, it is called the Codex Rios. Guess where its being kept? :D

I agree about Rise exclusivity deal, and also the fact that I couldn't play it. I won't be able to play this one either, but I'm thirsty for new gameplay/cutscenes/renders/etc.

Oh my God! I've just checked about Black Sun, and do you think we'll be visiting Mayan underworld once again? Or, if Lara is after The Codex for some more info about it, could there be a level in Paris?

The 'Paris thing' could be a reach, but you never know. :p

t-raider26 15-03-18 18:36

Her hair is short ;_;

Lara_Fan_33 15-03-18 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe (Post 7835389)
I agree about Rise exclusivity deal, and also the fact that I couldn't play it. I won't be able to play this one either, but I'm thirsty for new gameplay/cutscenes/renders/etc.

Oh my God! I've just checked about Black Sun, and do you think we'll be visiting Mayan underworld once again? Or, if Lara is after The Codex for some more info about it, could there be a level in Paris?

The 'Paris thing' could be a reach, but you never know. :p

I almost bought an xbox1 back then to get Rise but it just didnt seem right tbh i was soo annoyed but i think ill have to save up for a PS4 now :p

Yeah its actually a rwally interesting read! You can actually see some parralels with those underworld myths and reboot and rises themes of immortality and the human soul
Quote:

The Aztecs associated the passage of the Black Sun, on its nightly journey through the underworld, with the image of a butterfly.[2][3] The butterfly, in turn, is an archetypical symbol of the transcendent soul, transformation and mystical rebirth,[3][4] whereas also seen in the figure of the frightening earth goddess Itzpapalotl, the "Obsidian Butterfly", that devoured people during the solar eclipses,[5] while the Aztec underworld was the eternal dwelling place of the souls. According to the Codex Ríos, the underworld was made of nine layers. The first level was the Earth's surface, which also had the entrance, or the face of a gigantic toad that devoured the dead and gave access to the other eight lower levels. The souls of the dead occupied the ninth level known as "Mictlan Opochcalocan".[6]
Also i like your london idea :D The Codex Rios in real life is being held in the Vatican :ton:

Enya Brennan 15-03-18 18:44

^Strangely, I read that passage in Camilla’s voice while she’s playing Lara, and my excitement went up through the roof! Sounds absolutely fantastic!

WWETombRaider 15-03-18 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_33 (Post 7835376)
Me too i havbt been this hyped for tomb raider since the reboot :D Rises exclusivity deal really ruined the excitement at that time.

This. Rise's exclusivity deal caused a fan-base schism on the forums, and sucked out any hype we had for that game, because half of us couldn't even play it.

NoahCrofRaider 15-03-18 18:47

It actually just hit me that the reason they probably already are doing promotion (Arby's), is because of the short, but big, marketing campaign. :D

Lukass 15-03-18 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-raider26 (Post 7835392)
Her hair is short ;_;

No, it's not.

NoahCrofRaider 15-03-18 18:51

Another thing: Maybe the weird thing around Lara's neck in the one shot is actually a coil of rope?

Lukass 15-03-18 18:53

Isn't that a python around her neck?

biscuits 15-03-18 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 7835423)
Another thing: Maybe the weird thing around Lara's neck in the one shot is actually a coil of rope?

It could be someone trying to kill her.

NoahCrofRaider 15-03-18 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 7835428)
Isn't that a python around her neck?

It could be. And maybe she's struggling to get it off. :ponder:
Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7835430)
It could be someone trying to kill her.

How would that work?

Zsott 15-03-18 18:57

Just watched the trailer...

Somehow I'm not excited, but interested.

I'd like to share my thoughts, sorry if it's negative:
-The teaser really similar to the therapist trailer of Rise.
-I like Lara's chlotes, I hope we'll get to see it ingame too.
-I know this is just some cgi snippets, but what we can see, was literally predicted here on TRF.

and the most important:
the very last scene is really interesting! I wonder who are those people down there... if they are humans.

biscuits 15-03-18 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 7835437)


How would that work?

Never mind lol. Come to think of it what I speculated doesn't make sense at all :D

Athukraz 15-03-18 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 7835428)
Isn't that a python around her neck?

Could be. Some people said the scene where Lara is seen what we assume is falling could actually be underwater.

2001LC20 15-03-18 19:03

SOTTR GAMEPLAY PICTURE REVEALED!!!:D
https://mobile.twitter.com/tombraide...32613996367873
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYVjaJgWkAADIUF?format=jpg

AntRaidsTombs 15-03-18 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 7835428)
Isn't that a python around her neck?

I wanted to say that but I thought I was just seeing stuff. I also was thinking it could've been a vine

TheShadowOfMe 15-03-18 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_33 (Post 7835402)
I almost bought an xbox1 back then to get Rise but it just didnt seem right tbh i was soo annoyed but i think ill have to save up for a PS4 now :p

Yeah its actually a rwally interesting read! You can actually see some parralels with those underworld myths and reboot and rises themes of immortality and the human soul


Also i like your london idea :D The Codex Rios in real life is being held in the Vatican :ton:

But I've seen that The Codex Telleriano-Remensis is being held in National Library in Paris.

And I've also read that part about nine levels of Underworld, which got me excited and it's actually called Mictlan if I'm right about it. If it's to trust the legend, then it would fit into TR world perfectly: "The dead had to pass many challenges, such as crossing a mountain range where the mountains crashed into each other, a field with wind that blew flesh-scraping knives, and a river of blood with fearsome jaguars."


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.