www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Rai 25-04-18 19:38

I'm pretty sure new threads will be created on Friday as and when whatever footage becomes available.

NoahCrofRaider 25-04-18 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7861817)
I'm pretty sure new threads will be created on Friday as and when whatever footage becomes available.

Probably. But what about "live" reactions for the Tribeca stuff? Or should that go in the Gameplay Demo thread where people are already talking about it?

Emix 25-04-18 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 7861818)
Probably. But what about "live" reactions for the Tribeca stuff? Or should that go in the Gameplay Demo thread where people are already talking about it?

Yeah, we already have Tribeca thread with all the info available for now.

Zsott 25-04-18 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe (Post 7861293)
She left Sam for good? :eek:

Yes.
When Himiko was gone, Sam got a hospital. (I'm not sure is it mental or just a regular one, since it wasn't mentioned.) Lara went there but Sam's mother tried to stop her (she blamed Lara for everything that happened to Sam) , the fact is that Lara went there to ask the mother, to stop Sam to follow her, no matter what. Plus, she left a box of Jaffa cake. That panel was the last of Sam with the jaffa cakes in her hand; and the journal entries in RoTR. So, when Lara left the hospital, she was watched by a Trinity member.

This is why I'm interested, how's it going to be?

Also, I just watched the trailer and I saw Lara behind the soldier... :D what a sneaky woman she is!

Blackmoor 25-04-18 19:50

I keep wondering what we'll see on Friday.............

Lara, obviously.

A bit of gameplay.

But what location............... what will be happening............

Will we see anyone else...............

I hope we do, I hope we see some kind of trailer with a bit of story introduction. And definitely a new character.

CrowdedToaster 25-04-18 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zsott (Post 7861823)
Yes.
When Himiko was gone, Sam got a hospital. (I'm not sure is it mental or just a regular one, since it wasn't mentioned.) Lara went there but Sam's mother tried to stop her (she blamed Lara for everything that happened to Sam) , the fact is that Lara went there to ask the mother, to stop Sam to follow her, no matter what. Plus, she left a box of Jaffa cake. That image was the last of Sam; and the journal entries in RoTR. So, when Lara left the hospital, she was watched by a Trinity member.

This is why I'm interested, how's it going to be?

Also, I just watched the trailer and I saw Lara behind the soldier... :D what a sneaky woman she is!

It was a mental ward actually! I'm interested in how they'll continue Sam's story too. Tbh, I hope they bring her justice. She deserves a good storyline and we deserve to see it somehow. I'm also interested in seeing how Lara's and Sam's friendship continues to develop

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmoor (Post 7861825)
I keep wondering what we'll see on Friday.............

Lara, obviously.

A bit of gameplay.

But what location............... what will be happening............

Will we see anyone else...............

I hope we do, I hope we see some kind of trailer with a bit of story introduction. And definitely a new character.

I wonder too! Maybe they'll show that guy in the last audio. I also wonder at what point would the gameplay that is shown take place in the game's chronology? I feel the middle would be best. Right in the thick of things is a good showcase. That way there is no exposition that absolutely spoils the story, and we get to see some rising action both in terms of gameplay and story

OrangeJuice 25-04-18 19:57

my guess is that the audio files we've unlocked are an indication of what we're going to see in the gameplay demo

Blackmoor 25-04-18 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowdedToaster (Post 7861826)

I wonder too! Maybe they'll show that guy in the last audio. I also wonder at what point would the gameplay that is shown take place in the game's chronology? I feel the middle would be best. Right in the thick of things is a good showcase. That way there is no exposition that absolutely spoils the story, and we get to see some rising action both in terms of gameplay and story

I think I may have missed that last audio........... I'll have to hunt it down.

I think the gameplay is probably best if it's somewhere we're expecting (jungle-y) so that they don't spoil anything unless they have to. I'm really looking forward to seeing it all.... hope it's dark and rainy (one of my favourite kinds of environments :o)

Zsott 25-04-18 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowdedToaster (Post 7861826)
It was a mental ward actually! I'm interested in how they'll continue Sam's story too. Tbh, I hope they bring her justice. She deserves a good storyline and we deserve to see it somehow. I'm also interested in seeing how Lara's and Sam's friendship continues to develop

Well, they could use her as a bargain chip...but then a lot of people would be annoyed about an another saving Sam adventure.

If she's going to be included, I hope it's going to be in the Croft manor. (dunno, maybe Jonah brings her there to stop Lara or something...)
But my theory is, when she got over the whole Himiko fiasco, she went to jail or she stayed locked up in a mental ward, because you just can't excuse yourself like this: "I was possessed by an ancient japanese queen!"

lizardspock110 25-04-18 20:11

I can't wait to see what they've done! I love everything so far :D

amiro1989 25-04-18 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeJuice (Post 7861827)
my guess is that the audio files we've unlocked are an indication of what we're going to see in the gameplay demo

Ding ding ding.

NoahCrofRaider 25-04-18 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emix (Post 7861822)
Yeah, we already have Tribeca thread with all the info available for now.

Yeah, I guess that will work.
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeJuice (Post 7861827)

I hadn't thought about that. This is almost certainly going to happen, and if so, then this should be fun. :D

GRiannisRaider 25-04-18 20:30

Guys ! Now i can't hold my excitement ! WIG WIG WIG !!!! :jmp:

Blackmoor 25-04-18 20:33

Jonah was in those audio files. Do we think he's likely to play a big part in Shadow?

I'm not sure how I feel about that after Rise....

iWANEX 25-04-18 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmoor (Post 7861839)
Jonah was in those audio files. Do we think he's likely to play a big part in Shadow?

As long as he has a purpose and they actually do something with him, I'd be pleased.

NoahCrofRaider 25-04-18 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmoor (Post 7861839)

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I want Lara to go on this adventure alone. On the other hand, I would be totally alright with Jonah being back.

However, I think Jonah isn't going to play a big part in the game. I think he might just be at Croft Manor, researching stuff for Lara, and occasionally Lara will talk to him through a communicator or something. Or, he'll only be in flashbacks. Idk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7861841)
As long as he has a purpose and they actually do something with him, I'd be pleased.

Same. I really like Jonah.

Blackmoor 25-04-18 20:45

I think I want someone new to travel with Lara, someone we haven't met before... like the mystery man in the audio file.

Having Jonah at Croft Manor as a researcher is something I'd prefer over him going out again with Lara. Unless like IWANEX says he has a purpose and they do something with him.

James_Rutland 25-04-18 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmoor (Post 7861848)
I think I want someone new to travel with Lara, someone we haven't met before... like the mystery man in the audio file.

Having Jonah at Croft Manor as a researcher is something I'd prefer over him going out again with Lara. Unless like IWANEX says he has a purpose and they do something with him.

I think they'll kill him off. To push Lara's mental state further.

AntRaidsTombs 25-04-18 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7861855)
I think they'll kill him off. To push Lara's mental state further.

See, someone gets it. That’s why Sam is gone “hopefully” lol.

James_Rutland 25-04-18 21:23

It's the third game of the trilogy, I'm sure there is going to be death :o

JsotoTRSaga 25-04-18 21:27

I want Jonah and Sam to die, say they fall of a cliff in the yucatan. Or better yet Jonah slips into the river and the piranhas eat him :mis: the only Endurance member I can spare is Reyes bc she has a nice attitude and does not need to be rescued 24/7 unlike Sam and Jonah.

amiro1989 25-04-18 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7861859)
It's the third game of the trilogy, I'm sure there is going to be death :o

Throw Jonah from the top of the pyramids.

NoahCrofRaider 25-04-18 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 7861861)
I want Jonah and Sam to die, the only Endurance member I can spare is Reyes bc she has a nice attitude and does not need to be rescued 24/7 unlike Sam and Jonah.

Jonah AND Sam only needed to get rescued, like twice, though. And besides that, though I suppose this is a matter of opinion, Sam and Jonah aren't that annoying, and I actually have grown to really like them. Especially Jonah. I need to rewatch the TR2013 cutscenes before I have a more final opinion on Sam. :p

James_Rutland 25-04-18 21:31

I want to see Reyes again. I can imagine her in this game.

Leon2703 25-04-18 21:31

Lara is gonna use Jonah as sacrifice. Called it :cool:

JsotoTRSaga 25-04-18 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7861865)
I want to see Reyes again. I can imagine her in this game.

Me too. I think Reyes is a very underrated character. From the Endurance crew I found her and Roth to be the most decently written and also the most likeable.

---------

Jonah is not a bad character not in the slightest! But he needs a break, if he is up at the manor, cool. Just do not let him into the expedition. I will be really sad when Jonah dies but my heart tells me that the scene in Rise in which Konstantin stabbed him could have been foreshadowing.

Samantha Nishimura has no reason to show up other than fan service but hey! What can you do? I hope Crystal Dynamics recycle their original idea for Sam's fate.

James_Rutland 25-04-18 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 7861868)
Me too. I think Reyes is a very underrated character. From the Endurance crew I found her and Roth to be the most decently written and most likeable.

I liked Roth. Was a little sad they killed him off fairly early!

Blackmoor 25-04-18 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 7861861)
Or better yet Jonah slips into the river and the piranhas eat him :mis:

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiro1989 (Post 7861862)
Throw Jonah from the top of the pyramids.

:vlol: You two! :smk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon2703 (Post 7861866)
Lara is gonna use Jonah as sacrifice. Called it :cool:

Omg, that would be so unexpected and creepy and yet like the Aztecs sacrifices to the gods thing at the top of the pyramids........

I don't know if I want Lara to be that evil but there is a part of me that's willing to see how it goes. :mis:

GRiannisRaider 25-04-18 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7861869)
I liked Roth. Was a little sad they killed him off fairly early!

Omg yes I really like Roth too ! I just wish to see him again even as a dream or flashback :o

James_Rutland 25-04-18 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRiannisRaider (Post 7861871)
Omg yes I really like Roth too ! I just wish to see him again even as a dream or flashback :o

I'd like a mention of him or flashback of some sort.

Imagine Shadow beginning with a playable flashback segment of Lara as a child finding the pendant with younger Roth :cln:

Yeauxleaux 25-04-18 21:45

Roth was the best character of the original line-up. He felt the most authentically British out of the "British" characters as well as the most fleshed out. I don't know if it was because he was more important in the narrative than the other side characters (arguably except Sam) but it feels like they made more effort on him.

Reyes wasn't that bad. At face value she kind of comes off like a one-note "angry black woman" stereotype, but when you hear the backstory of how she's desperate to get off the island and see her daughter again, it adds depth and justification for how she behaves.

Sam was a insufferable damsel in distress, Jonah wasn't very fleshed out at all. I quite enjoyed Whitman and his voice acting, slimy bastard.

JsotoTRSaga 25-04-18 21:47

I'd be up for that! But I would rather see (or play!) a flashback of Lara and Roth when Lara was in her teens. I don't think we have seen Lara in her teenage years in this timeline yet.

kiersaint 25-04-18 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 7861877)
I'd be up for that! But I would rather see (or play!) a flashback of Lara and Roth when Lara was in her teens. I don't think we have seen Lara in her teenage years in this timeline yet.

I'd love to play a flashback as Lara with Roth, learning to shoot from guns and bows etc. Not only do I think it will add to the back story and help us to get to know Lara but it will help people understand why she's so amazing with all these weapons.

Yeauxleaux 25-04-18 21:51

What and have a Lara who is even more inexperienced and whiny than 2013 Lara was?

https://s18.postimg.cc/srqs25bax/A_Britney.gif

Ugh bye with that

JsotoTRSaga 25-04-18 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiersaint (Post 7861878)
I'd love to play a flashback as Lara with Roth, learning to shoot from guns and bows etc. Not only do I think it will add to the back story and help us to get to know Lara but it will help people understand why she's so amazing with all these weapons.

My thoughts exactly!

kiersaint 25-04-18 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7861879)
What and have a Lara who is even more inexperienced and whiny than 2013 Lara was?

https://s18.postimg.cc/srqs25bax/A_Britney.gif

Ugh bye with that

10/15 mins of playing a memory of Lara with one of the better side characters would be nice for me, I think it'd add to the world, having said that I wouldn't care if it wasn't added in at all. Maybe I'd prefer it as a cutscene flash back? Either way it'd be enjoyable but not necessarily...necessary. I'd lose no sleep.

Skye1288 25-04-18 22:03

They could even do something like TRTLR where we play Lara as a teen. That could be the opening and at the same time the tutorial. That would be bold and surprising and totally different from the opening of TR13 and Rise (which I love). :jmp:

Sadly I don't think they would do something like that. But I'm sure the opening will be stunning. :p

kiersaint 25-04-18 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye1288 (Post 7861885)
They could even do something like TRTLR where we play Lara as a teen. That could be the opening and at the same time the tutorial. That would be bold and surprising and totally different from the opening of TR13 and Rise (which I love). :jmp:

Sadly I don't think they would do something like that. But I'm sure the opining will be stunning. :p

Whilst I like the idea of a flashback during the course of the game, I just don't warm to it when I imagine it done this way.

GRiannisRaider 25-04-18 22:10

Omg yes ! A tutorial flashback with Lara and roth climbing and shooting would be amazing ! Oh why can't that happen :( I need to be a part of the development team to see my dreams come to life xD

Nigel Cassidy 25-04-18 22:24

Some people think it's bad that TR is aping Uncharted, some people encourage it :rolleyes: