www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Does anyone here own a copy of the reboot games both in console and PC? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223804)

Mutant Messiah 10-12-19 20:30

Does anyone here own a copy of the reboot games both in console and PC?

I bought a Playstation 4 this Black Friday.

I wasn't really thinking of buying the reboot again since I was focused on playing Uncharted 4, but I still bought the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy anyway just for the heck of it.

So far, 2013 and Rise were already delivered. Shadow is on the way. My laptop runs GTX 960M. That GPU barely outperforms Playstation 4, but Shadow is quite unoptimized, so I am particularly looking forward to play Shadow on PS4. But since it's not here yet, I played Rise first instead.

Is it just me or the difficulty of combat in the reboot spikes significantly when using a control pad? I almost depleted my health packs in the Gulag. I just couldn't aim right with this thing. Although that is to be expected.

Difficulty of Rise in Survivor mode >>>>>>>>>> Uncharted 4 in Moderate

In comparison, PC gaming of the reboot is relatively easy with a mouse and keyboard, even in the most difficult setting.

I'm new to PS4. Is there any accessory I can use to improve aiming that actually works?

SoraSakai 10-12-19 22:03

The game I have the most versions of is Tomb Raider Legend.

I first got it on PS2, played the heck out of it. Then my PS2 broke, while I saved up for a 360, I bought a copy of it on my DS. It was awful. I hated it.

I eventually bought the PSP version of it because my brother had a PSP and I really wanted to play it. Loved it so much I bought my own PSP. It was amazing.

Then I got it on the GameCube because I wanted a version of it I could play on the TV (I still didn’t have a 360 yet). Eventually I got it for the 360 and then years down the road I got it for the PS3 when it was part of the Tomb Raider trilogy thing.

I eventually got it on steam when I discovered PC gaming.
What an adventure.

I also own the reboot games on all systems they were released on because I’m a terrible person.

A mouse and keyboard will always be easier, if that’s what you’re used to. I feel like you knew this and that this entire thread is just a weird humble brag lol

I also want to add, Shadow is not unoptimized. A 960M doesn’t even support a lot of GeForce’s features because it’s outdated and it’s a mobile version of an outdated graphics card. This isn’t an insult either btw, my laptop is also a 960M which is why I eventually just built a PC.

Tomb Raidering 10-12-19 22:14

^ Whew, quite an adventure... :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8158010)
I also own the reboot games on all systems they were released on because I’m a terrible person.

Why? :vlol: Btw, you sound like Legend Lara...........
Quote:

A mouse and keyboard will always be easier, if that’s what you’re used to. I feel like you knew this and that this entire thread is just a weird humble brag lol
Sora spilling some truth... :P

The only games I have on multiple platforms are the Classics and the LAU.
A little question as a PS4 player, how is installing Rise and Shadow on PC? Does it have a ‘traditional’ installation like the Classics-LAU?

SoraSakai 10-12-19 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8158014)
^ Whew, quite an adventure... :p

Why? :vlol: Btw, you sound like Legend Lara...........

Sora spilling some truth... :P

The only games I have on multiple platforms are the Classics and the LAU.
A little question as a PS4 player, how is installing Rise and Shadow on PC? Does it have a ‘traditional’ installation like the Classics-LAU?

The only PC one I own physically is Shadow because I didn’t want the censored Japanese version haha

I think it’s traditional... I’m not sure haha what does that mean?

Tomb Raidering 10-12-19 22:20

Like, does it have an installation wizard? With the progress bar thingie? Maybe some extra bonuses like gameplay pictures (like Underworld)?

SoraSakai 10-12-19 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8158016)
Like, does it have an installation wizard? With the progress bar thingie? Maybe some extra bonuses like gameplay pictures (like Underworld)?

Omg! That just gave me so much flashbacks. Like when I got Chronicles/Last Revelation on PC. Omg.

No it doesn’t do that haha it’s a boring steam installation.

Not sure what 2013 or Rise are like though because I don’t own the physical versions on PC.

Mutant Messiah 10-12-19 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8158016)

Nope. You download the game and it's ready.

Kinda like purchasing a game from the PS Store. No more installation wizard

The difference is, a lot of Steam games are internet connection dependent. Ps4 games can run offline, I think.

If you purchase a PC game from a physical disc, it will install the full game on the hard drive. If it's a Steam branded physical disc, you will (again) need internet connection so that the game can run.

If the distributor of the game is different (e.g., GOG instead of Steam), the game will have a different launcher app.

TR1249 11-12-19 05:42

I own the games on PC and PS4.

Had problems as well with the aim at first on PS4, but you will get used to it. Maybe put the sensitivity for aiming a little bit higher. Might help you.

killchan 11-12-19 08:34

The only difference I noticed while playing TR2013 on PS3 vs PC was that those tombs that had some kind of execution factor to them (e.g. timing involved) were much easier to solve on PC, since mouse+keyboard and high framerate allow you to handle to camera like it's an extention of your body more than a controller ever will.

JoelCaesar 11-12-19 10:25

I have both an Xbox One X version of Rise and the PC version and the PC version is significantly easier.