Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Love2Raid 27-09-12 00:57

[QUOTE=larafan25;6451965]OMG yes! D:

But why would they want to resurrect her?

She wouldn't even approve of what they've done (I think).

[/QUOTE]
Idk lol. Maybe they didn't plan that far ahead. xD

Maybe she is, according to them, the only one that can stop this island's 'curse' (they might think it's a curse, but in fact it is not of course (no supernatural stuff, after all). So Steph died for no reason and Sam might too. :o

just*raidin*tomb 27-09-12 00:57

[QUOTE=larafan25;6451961]So they're all still wroshipping Himiko.

Da cray bitch has a centuries old ego trip if eye ever seen 1.

Butt I have this feeling that the leader of the island will be some high and mighty girl who thinks she is himiko.

Or it will be Natla.[/QUOTE]
It will obvs be Natla and this island will end up being another remnant of Atlantis that she was talking about in Anniversary. :pi:

Tonyrobinson 27-09-12 00:58

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6451969]Idk lol. Maybe they didn't plan that far ahead. xD

Maybe she is, according to them, the only one that can stop this island's 'curse' (they might think it's a curse, but in fact it is not of course (no supernatural stuff, after all). So Steph died for no reason and Sam might too. :o[/QUOTE]

I think you just uncovered the mystery of the island! They all just want to get off "they've waited so long" hence the islands history with the vessels and Armadas but need a female to break the curse! :yik:

larafan25 27-09-12 00:59

^Oh my God. It's so simple. D:

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;6451968]They obviously need a female host to sacrifice but it failed with Steph so they are trying to use Sam but by the end they will probably try it to Lara or Lara will watch Sam die and it will be all her fault. The diety will be released leading into the paranormal element for the second game. :p

Haha, the possible routes they can take are endless one of the many nice little mysteries of the game I suppose. :)[/QUOTE]

Ooh yes! I like the word host, and I hope we have to fight something big at the end.

Without QTE.

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6451969]Idk lol. Maybe they didn't plan that far ahead. xD

Maybe she is, according to them, the only one that can stop this Island's 'curse' (they might think it's a curse, but in fact it is not of course (no supernatural stuff, after all). So Steph died for no reason and Sam might too. :o[/QUOTE]

But they only started inhabiting the island 40 years ago, can they really be that stupid?

I hope there are some real old scavengers on the island, although it would be cooler if they looked more ancient tribal.

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;6451971]It will obvs be Natla and this island will end up being another remnant of Atlantis that she was talking about in Anniversary. :pi:[/QUOTE]

My body might actually split into pieces if that happens.

Lukass 27-09-12 01:00

I wonder why it failed with Steph. They sacrificed her. Wasn't that like enough?

larafan25 27-09-12 01:02

[QUOTE=Lukass;6451974]I wonder why it failed with Steph. They sacrificed her. Wasn't that like enough?[/QUOTE]

Maybe little Miss Stephanie wasn't fertile. ew.

Or she wasn't Asian enough.

Maybe Sam is of ancient Japanese bloodlines and that's why they need her.

edit: But how would they even know?

Tonyrobinson 27-09-12 01:02

They need the right woman maybe Steph died during the ritual before it could be completed. :)

That could also be why they need the strongest from each shipwreck! They need a female who can survive a battering. Welcome Lara Croft. :D

larafan25 27-09-12 01:03

So then why was Lara just hung up in a sack? Did they think she was a boy like everyone else did?

Lukass 27-09-12 01:03

^ :vlol: They prepared her there just in case it would fail with Steph and Sam.
They definitely need a woman (she must be a virgin, maybe) for something, that's for sure :p

larafan25 27-09-12 01:05

[QUOTE=Lukass;6451981]^ :vlol: They prepared her there just in case it would fail with Steph and Sam.
They definitely need a woman (she must be a virgin, maybe) for something, that's for sure :p[/QUOTE]

Sam and Lara certainly aren't virgins.

If only ESC shirt guy was a girl.

Tonyrobinson 27-09-12 01:05

[QUOTE=larafan25;6451980]So then why was Lara just hung up in a sack? Did they think she was a boy like everyone else did?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they were all female victims Steph was captured with Lara so she could have been suspended up too. That could be why the scavenger did not want her to escape and she was captured in the first place. ;)

larafan25 27-09-12 01:06

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;6451983]Maybe they were all female victims Steph was captured with Lara so she could have been suspended up too. That could be why the scavenger did not want her to escape and she was captured in the first place. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh. So you think maybe they were both capture at the same time, and perhaps Steph tried to escape but she failed, and then Lara is successful?

Love2Raid 27-09-12 01:08

OMG, this is so exciting. XD

The ritual never succeeded (since such a thing isn't even possible in TR as of now), so they asked themselves what the reason could be. One of the reasons could be that Steph wasn't a virgin, so they went for a younger specimen (lol) now. That's why they picked Sam over Lara...

Why does that Scavenger kill Lara in the den level, though (if you fail). That's something that just doesn't fit into all of this. If the women supply is so limited, you'd think they would try the ritual on all of them just to make sure. :/

Lukass 27-09-12 01:09

Well...

[quote][b]When Himiko passed away, a great mound was raised, more than a hundred paces in diameter. Over a hundred male and female attendants followed her to the grave. Then a king was placed on the throne, but the people would not obey him. Assassination and murder followed; more than one thousand were thus slain. A relative of Himiko named Iyo [壹與], a girl of thirteen, was [then] made queen and order was restored. Chêng issued a proclamation to the effect that Iyo was the ruler. (tr. Tsunoda 1951:16)[/b][/quote]

They might need a girl who would replace Iyo. :pi:

larafan25 27-09-12 01:11

[QUOTE=Lukass;6451991]Well...[/QUOTE]

Holly fudge-balls. That's our stuff right there. D:

Sam will be tha queen!

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6451989]OMG, this is so exciting. XD

The ritual never succeeded (since such a thing isn't even possible in TR as of now), so they asked themselves what the reason could be. One of the reasons could be that Steph wasn't a virgin, so they went for a younger specimen (lol) now. That's why they picked Sam over Lara...

Why does that Scavenger kill Lara in the den level, though (if you fail). That's something that just doesn't fit into all of this. If the women supply is so limited, you'd think they would try the ritual on all of them just to make sure. :/[/QUOTE]

Well I guess once they struggle it's life or death for you or them. Like what happened with Lara and the second scavenger.

Lukass 27-09-12 01:12

This is interesting too...

[quote][b]Then a woman named Himiko appeared. Remaining unmarried, she occupied herself with magic and sorcery and bewitched the populace. Thereupon they placed her on the throne. She kept one thousand female attendants, but few people saw her. There was only one man who was in charge of her wardrobe and meals and acted as the medium of communication. She resided in a palace surrounded by towers and stockades with the protection of armed guards. The laws and customs were strict and stern.[/b][/quote]

larafan25 27-09-12 01:13

^That would be Himiko before she died, right? After Amaterasu?

Lukass 27-09-12 01:16

[QUOTE=larafan25;6451995]^That would be Himiko before she died, right? After Amaterasu?[/QUOTE]

Yep. And I think the palace is the big monastery on the top of the mountain in the parachute demo.

Guards - Someone posted a screenshot of the scene where Lara's running on the bridge. There's a character in the distance that I called a samurai. It looks like it has a long sword or something.

Love2Raid 27-09-12 01:16

:eek:

"remaining unmarried"

See, they need a virgin!! (Unfortunately for them, I don't think Sam is as innocent as she appears. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/V3C9c.png[/IMG])

@Larafan:
Yeah, I see what you mean. Things don't always go 'according to plan'. I guess they didn't want her dead, otherwise they would have done that from the start instead of putting her in a sack.

larafan25 27-09-12 01:20

[QUOTE=Lukass;6451998]Yep. And I think the palace is the big monastery on the top of the mountain in the parachute demo.

Guards - Someone posted a screenshot of the scene where Lara's running on the bridge. There's a character in the distance that I called a samurai. It looks like it has a long sword or something.[/QUOTE]

BTW that giant temple, there are 2. The other one is across the bridge.

I NEED to see the samurai!

Lukass 27-09-12 01:25

[QUOTE=larafan25;6452002]BTW that giant temple, there are 2. The other one is across the bridge.

I NEED to see the samurai![/QUOTE]

Right there!

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8031/8028352332_d042251a75_b.jpg[/IMG]

And it really does look like a japanese samurai. The sword, the helmet, even maybe the armour...

[IMG]http://www.talariaenterprises.com/images2/5345b.jpg[/IMG]

just*raidin*tomb 27-09-12 01:28

oh my jeezus don't get my hopes up yall. There better scary Japanese samurai dudes.

larafan25 27-09-12 01:29

All I can make out would be the sword, and it does sort of look like one!

I still wonder who or how they are launching those giant fireballs into the sky.

UMGEA Machine Gun Samurais!

skylark1121 27-09-12 01:30

[QUOTE=Lukass;6451974]I wonder why it failed with Steph. They sacrificed her. Wasn't that like enough?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it takes more than one female for things to work? Maybe up to one hundred females, and they've sacrificed each female they've found from the wrecks? :p

Lukass 27-09-12 01:31

[QUOTE=skylark1121;6452013]Maybe it takes more than one female for things to work? Maybe up to one hundred females, and they've sacrificed each female they've found from the wrecks? :p[/QUOTE]

Lol, they're there like 40 years and they're still collecting women. How long would it take to pick 100 of them :vlol:

Love2Raid 27-09-12 01:32

I really want to see the helmet and armour, but I can't. :-(((
Just looks like normal hair on his head, only his right arm looks weird. As if he is wearing some sort of improvised prosthesis.

But undead samurai dudes would be so epic. *___*
:(

Lukass 27-09-12 01:33

^ I can see something on his head. It still could be a normal hat, though, yeah.

But the samurai was my first thought when I saw the pic.

Love2Raid 27-09-12 01:34

There are no samurai, only baddies with guns who want to kill Lara for whatever reason. :/

larafan25 27-09-12 01:34

The guy flying through the air looks like her has a sword, or it's a raindrop. But te definitely has those tapped up pants that most the scavengers have.

skylark1121 27-09-12 01:34

[QUOTE=Lukass;6452015]Lol, they're there like 40 years and they're still collecting women. How long would it take to pick 100 of them :vlol:[/QUOTE]

Idk, that's just a guesstimate. :p But it may take a certain amount. :p

Lukass 27-09-12 01:35

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6452018]There are no samurai, only baddies with guns who want to kill Lara for whatever reason. :/[/QUOTE]

You're a killjoy ;__;

larafan25 27-09-12 01:36

That one magazine did mention concept art of statues of monsters that might come to life, or something.

Lukass 27-09-12 01:36

[QUOTE=larafan25;6452022]That one magazine did mention concept art of statues of monsters that might come to life, or something.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of it.

larafan25 27-09-12 01:38

[QUOTE=Lukass;6452023]Never heard of it.[/QUOTE]

Yes u ded boi. It was the same article that mentioned the cell phone device and the fire breathing Rastafarian.

Lukass 27-09-12 01:38

[QUOTE=larafan25;6452024]Yes u ded boi. It was the same article that mentioned the cell phone device and the fire breathing Rastafarian.[/QUOTE]

Find the scans...

larafan25 27-09-12 01:40

[QUOTE=Lukass;6452026]Find the scans...[/QUOTE]

It's here but imageshack is a piece of fudge that comes out of a butt, because it turns all images low quality so now it can't be read...

[url]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/18/opsmaustralia5647.jpg[/url]

You can barely make the words out anymore.

skylark1121 27-09-12 01:40

[QUOTE=larafan25;6452022]That one magazine did mention concept art of statues of monsters that might come to life, or something.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Lukass;6452023]Never heard of it.[/QUOTE]

I remember this too, actually. Don't remember which Mag it was, though.

Love2Raid 27-09-12 01:44

[QUOTE=Lukass;6452021]You're a killjoy ;__;[/QUOTE]
Nah, just being realistic. The moment I saw the gameplay from E3 this year, I thought 'Legend version 2.0'. Just humans and animals to fight, I'm afraid. >_<

@Larafan:
I see the part about the fire spitting maniac, but nothing about statues. :o

And YES, I ****ing hate Imageshack with a passion. :mad:

Lukass 27-09-12 01:44

[QUOTE=larafan25;6452027]It's here but imageshack is a piece of fudge that comes out of a butt, because it turns all images low quality so now it can't be read...

[url]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/18/opsmaustralia5647.jpg[/url]

You can barely make the words out anymore.[/QUOTE]

I can read the "another drawing (had) him spitting fire out of his mouth. If you think that's creppy, you should have seen...." and the rest is blurry ://

Love2Raid 27-09-12 01:46

^
It says something about his weapon of choice.