Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

JuditePrince12 26-07-18 21:04

Lol Shadow better have the ending of all endings.

iWANEX 26-07-18 21:05

[QUOTE=FanosCroft;7936448][url]www.gamesradar.com/you-cant-kill-lara-croft-eidos-montreals-boss-on-completing-a-trilogy-with-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider/[/url] did they just said they have no plans for a next game after this?[/QUOTE]

To me it sounds like EM is behind Shadow because CD was busy with the Avengers game and wasn’t fully available. Their involvement with the franchise is probably temporary. For the next game we will most likely have CD again or a completely new studio. That would be interesting but also very scary.

Legends 26-07-18 21:08

[QUOTE=FanosCroft;7936448][url]www.gamesradar.com/you-cant-kill-lara-croft-eidos-montreals-boss-on-completing-a-trilogy-with-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider/[/url] did they just said they have no plans for a next game after this?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
"You can’t kill Lara Croft!" Anfossi tells OXM. It's a remark prompted by the studio's admission that as yet, there are no plans for Miss Croft after Shadow. "Honestly, we are not thinking about that yet. We have no plan on our side on Eidos Montreal for the next Tomb Raider at all. Nothing. Honestly."
[/QUOTE]

:ponder:

[QUOTE]The next game to follow this trilogy will be interesting. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider the storyline deals with the actual apocalypse, and will see Lara become the Tomb Raider of the title. Basically,[B] this is where she completes her transformation from traumatized archaeology student into backflipping badass.[/B][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]What does this actually mean? How am I supposed to interpret this? If this is the case we can't have seen any footage of it yet? [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE]"This trilogy is not about the Tomb Raider franchise – it’s about Lara Croft," explains Anfossi. "If you played the previous games, from 1996 to now, at that time it was more about experiencing and discovering new stuff, blah blah blah. But Lara Croft was perfect. Two guns. Jumping. Flips. A tiger. Boom, boom, boom! It was like she was the James Bond of the time. This trilogy is more about her, and how she became the Tomb Raider she was meant to be."[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]I'm curious to see what they are doing with this story. They just can't talk about anything other than what Lara is 'becoming' so... [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Vaskito 26-07-18 21:19

So either CD is developing it, or we're really getting a long hiatus D:

Yeauxleaux 26-07-18 21:21

The only way I can see that is if there's some kind of acrobatic warrior in Paititi who is going to train Lara, so she becomes acrobatic and agile like older Laras were.

That might actually be pretty cool. It's a bit "seen this before" but then what isn't at this point really.

2001LC20 26-07-18 21:23

I hope CD is already thinking about the next game! :jmp:

Yeauxleaux 26-07-18 21:24

Disappointing really. I suppose that means we're going back to confusion about what they want for Lara and the series, and thus a heavily watered-down Lara with no defining traits again.

I really don't want that. Can EM just stick around please?

Mickybyrne20 26-07-18 21:27

[QUOTE=Yeauxleaux;7936469]Disappointing really. I suppose that means we're going back to confusion about what they want for Lara and the series, and thus a heavily watered-down Lara with no defining traits again.

I really don't want that. Can EM just stick around please?[/QUOTE]I was thinking about what studio apart from EM and CD could potentially take over the TR franchise?Guerrilla games? Naughty Dog? I haven't a clue.

Yeauxleaux 26-07-18 21:27

Anyone but Naughty Dog at this point tbh. I have a love-hate relationship with their games, but no.

Preferably someone who isn't so self-consciously story-driven and will make more effort on bringing updated versions of the classic elements into the game. Also a company who doesn't seem scared of making Lara... Lara. At this point EM aren't doing too bad at that, hence why I want them around.

Legends 26-07-18 21:28

[QUOTE=Yeauxleaux;7936477]Anyone but Naughty Dog at this point tbh.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]Except hire them as writers, then get someone else to make the game. [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]