www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

larafan25 31-08-12 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6409776)
The first Final Fantasy game that I actively disliked, and the only one I've never been bothered to finish (excluding FFXIII-2 and FFXIV which I never even bothered buying) :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6409833)
FFXII sucks!

Tbh.

Out of the Final Fantasy Games I've played it's the best for not having that awful, awful, awful turn-based screen-break crap of a combat system.

It feels fast paced and I felt in control.

Spong 31-08-12 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6409848)
Out of the Final Fantasy Games I've played it's the best for not having that awful, awful, awful turn-based screen-break crap of a combat system.

It feels fast paced and I felt in control.

I'm a traditionalist/purist. I love turn-based and it will always be better than the ADB system they tried out in XII. The CTB of X was the zenith of the series IMO. It was faultless and led to so many elongated battles because it was so damn tactical, it was flipping amazing :jmp::tmb:

Miharu 31-08-12 20:27

I loved the CTB system, but I also loved the system used in XII, I definitely preferred XII's to XIII's and that's saying something.

I agree with Larafan, I liked the feeling of being in full control around the map.

I loved the ATB system as well, but the classic not the XIII synergy crap. CTB was awesome.

If they re-used the battle system from XII, I'd be happy.

Spong 31-08-12 20:36

I have to agree about XIII's battle system being a bit disappointing. It just felt like you weren't really controlling the proceedings, like it was on three-quarters autopilot or something.

xcrushterx 31-08-12 21:12

I don't know what people were expecting with XIII's battle system. I mean, it was clear years before the game even came out that it was going to be very fast paced and unless you're superhuman, it'd have to be highly automated.

Carbonek_0051 31-08-12 21:15

XIII's battle system is by far the worst in the series. It's part of the reason I didn't even want the game in the first place (sadly I gave it a chance and hated it even more).

VII & XII had the best combat systems in the series for me.

Tony9595 31-08-12 21:45

I love the classic ATB style. FF IX's battles were perfect, I'd only speed it up a little bit and I'd be 100% satisfied.

I also liked wearing stuff to gain abilities. :D

Carbonek_0051 31-08-12 21:47

I wish I had played FFIX. :(

Tony9595 31-08-12 21:49

If I could I'd buy everyone a copy of FF IX and a PS1. This is a game EVERYONE should play, I feel sad whenever someone tells me they haven't played it.

*cries*

Carbonek_0051 31-08-12 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony9595 (Post 6410157)
If I could I'd buy everyone a copy of FF IX and a PS1. This is a game EVERYONE should play, I feel sad whenever someone tells me they haven't played it.

*cries*

I feel sad whenever somebody mentions it. It's the only one I haven't played. (Aside from XI, XIV, & XII-2) :(