www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Any E3 expectations? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222888)

killchan 31-05-19 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 8094693)
From what we know of the Avengers game, it is NOT a single player action adventure game on the likes of Tomb Raider or Uncharted. It's a live service game with a heavy focus on co-op gameplay. So more of a GAAS title similar to Anthem or Destiny. Those types of games usually get extended developer support for years after launch.

yeah. more on that.
"an epic action-adventure that combines cinematic storytelling with continuous single-player and co-operative gameplay. Assemble in teams up to four players, master extraordinary abilities, customise your heroes to fit your playstyle, and combine powers to defend an ever-expanding world under constant threat."

this is... sad :(

TrustyBow 31-05-19 13:49

Quote:

But that depends on the Marvel deal.
From what we know of the Avengers game, it is NOT a single player action adventure game on the likes of Tomb Raider or Uncharted. It's a live service game with a heavy focus on co-op gameplay. So more of a GAAS title similar to Anthem or Destiny. Those types of games usually get extended developer support for years after launch.

Count me out. Not a big fan of those kinds of games.

I'm hoping, and partially expecting news on HZD 2.

biscuits 31-05-19 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by killchan (Post 8094702)
yeah. more on that.
"an epic action-adventure that combines cinematic storytelling with continuous single-player and co-operative gameplay. Assemble in teams up to four players, master extraordinary abilities, customise your heroes to fit your playstyle, and combine powers to defend an ever-expanding world under constant threat."

this is... sad :(

These types of games make good money despite their quality. Having a high budget co-op game featuring the Avengers is the easiest method to print money and to drown in it. There was no way Squeenix wasn't going to capitalize on this :p

klona 31-05-19 13:58

If we see anything TR related on E3, it will probably be a remaster of sorts.

Or I hope my classics 3DS port dreams come true...

Legends 31-05-19 14:03

Quote:

it is NOT a single player action adventure game on the likes of Tomb Raider or Uncharted. It's a live service game with a heavy focus on co-op gameplay. So more of a GAAS title similar to Anthem or Destiny. Those types of games usually get extended developer support for years after launch.

I'll be very interesting what kind of traction this game gets. Avengers is popular, but depending on players for a game to even work is a risky business. Anthem is basically dead now because it's lacking players.

Melonie Tomb Raider 31-05-19 14:23

I don't expect any new TR game news at E3 (maybe something about that SOTTR 8th DLC slot though?). At this point my biggest hope is Classic TR remasters, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Athukraz 31-05-19 14:39

The 8th tomb slot. They probably added the "coming soon" in the tombs menu because that's the only place they could do it. I think they are changing the main menu to add more stuff like chapter replay and croft manor and the coming soon will be removed from the tombs menu because it's not a tomb.

mandylane 31-05-19 14:57

i dont want croft manor. useless. the nightmare looked cool tho

i really hope a 20 seconds trailer dropped on e3

TombRaiderTim 31-05-19 15:26

If i'm honest, Tomb Raider as a game is heading in the same direction as AOD now and they need to do something about it instead of making shortcuts for quick profit by creating a not so good Shadow of the Tomb Raider with endless DLC that is quite simply an overpriced joke when it could be made as an NPC mission for the main game itself at this point but I can tell you one thing and that is that the love for the franchise has gone in terms of the developers, Square has been careless towards a lot of games they have released as of late with a big drop in quality via splitting it all up to a half complete game with the other half as incredibly priced and pointless DLC.

charmedangelin 31-05-19 15:28

DLC 8 for Shadow. It's been teased to death amoung other things.