www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Chronicles (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tomb Raider: Chronicles UNappreciation thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223765)

michaeldt 02-12-19 15:50

For all of TRC's faults, I have to admit that 'Escape with the Iris' has always been one of my favourite classic TR levels :D.

NoahCrofRaider 02-12-19 17:54

This game does not need an unappreciation thread. In hindsight, Underworld might not need it either.

The games that are commonly appreciated are the ones that need unappreciation threads (for unpopular opinions, I guess), not ones that are already unappreciated. :p

Regardless...
-Underboob Young Lara scene
-No keyboard number shortcuts
-Glitches that commonly cause an issue with completing the game
-No tribal outfits in Ireland -5/10 hehe : D
-It almost works as its own game, but something about it feels off... like it needs more substance
-Lara looking the same as TR4 in Rome, and not with a TR1-esque outfit and bun (nitpicky but still)

TonyLee 02-12-19 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8155982)
Iím starting the TRII UNappreciation thread, thatís more like it... :cool:

You have to be exiled for that!!

JoelCaesar 03-12-19 03:49

I can forgive a lot of things about TRC, however, what I cannot accept is that none of the cutscenes is skippable. They are so long and tedious!

Brendanlovesu1 03-12-19 23:43

The game feels like it should have been a DLC for TR: TLR

Samz 04-12-19 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelCaesar (Post 8156535)
I can forgive a lot of things about TRC, however, what I cannot accept is that none of the cutscenes is skippable. They are so long and tedious!

Yeah I save after every cutscene so I never have to watch one again.

Maverin 05-12-19 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 8156441)
This game does not need an unappreciation thread. In hindsight, Underworld might not need it either.

The games that are commonly appreciated are the ones that need unappreciation threads (for unpopular opinions, I guess), not ones that are already unappreciated. :p

Regardless...
-Underboob Young Lara scene
-No keyboard number shortcuts
-Glitches that commonly cause an issue with completing the game
-No tribal outfits in Ireland -5/10 hehe : D
-It almost works as its own game, but something about it feels off... like it needs more substance
-Lara looking the same as TR4 in Rome, and not with a TR1-esque outfit and bun (nitpicky but still)

Once again... I agree with you on almost everything. I always pondered why they decided to remove the keyboard number shortcuts. Surely they wouldn't remove it just to fix that 'TR4 change weapon to pistols bug' right?

ThatSassyKid 09-12-19 05:45

Yeah, because this game doesn't get enough hate amirite

LateRaider 09-12-19 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8157681)

Not nearly enough babe

Tomb Raidering 12-12-19 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyLee (Post 8156476)
You have to be exiled for that!!

No, I don’t for expressing my opinions on a terrible game... :rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8157681)

Facts...
Quote:

Originally Posted by LateRaider (Post 8157719)
Not nearly enough love

Fixed :p

If there’s one thing that needs unappreciation in Chronicles, it’s that they didn’t base the level editor that came with it on its (Chronicles’) engine. It would have been a faster start for level building with 4 Lara skins, different weather types, weapons, animations etc.

Positivity in an unappreciation thread: I *love* the new health, sprint and breath bars on PC. So HQ even after these years, and more sightly from those of TR1-4.....